No announcement yet.

Memphis at Wichita State Game Thread 1-1-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 point loss on our home floor. Let that sink in.
    Horrible, horrible, horrible. Buck has to stop somewhere…and we know where.

Comment

• I knew after the Memphis game last year IB was never going to be the guy to keep this run going. There are of course outlier games during a season, but at some point 30+ games in, you kind of know what you have.

Over and over and over again the same problems manifest themselves. And teams with any degree of talent or coaching (or even not) can do what they want against us. It has made watching this program a lot less fun because they just don't ever play good basketball. That's all fine and dandy when you are winning, but when you start taking Ls, people, myself included, tire of it.

I just don't see what IB brings to the table working this season or beyond. I hope things turn around and he figures things out or starts recruiting some studs, but can't help but think this program will be stuck in neutral at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Notice the last two years which directly fed these players to this team. Marshall didn't exactly make these players an offensive juggernaut
        If this team ends up in a NIT F4 like our bad 2019 team did, I’ll admit that you are right, and Brown is better.

Comment

• We have leaders who are ok with mediocrity (at its best). I expect things to get worse before they get better.

I seriously hope I eat crow though.

Comment

• Mercifully, the clock sped up and that debacle ended.
            Unfortunately, more of the same is on the horizon. Even a depleted Houston team will take this team apart. UC and UCF, same result.

Yes, there is a talent shortage on this team to compete in the AAC. But that's on the coaching staff. They picked 'em.
            Pohto is still a definite yes, even after today.
            Grant and Pleasant...'Nuff said.
            I've been told Ricks is the real deal, Abidde is an unknown at this point.
            The good news? With UH, UC and UCF leaving and the Conf USA teams flooding in, the level of league talent will start to even back up.
            Kind of sad that has to happen to make things more level.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• pie, where ya at????

God, what a puss.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Mike Kennedy "it seems like, most of the day, you guys ran pretty good offense"
                Totally agree. But no amount of coaching will solve the number of wide open 3 point misses. In the 1st half alone I counted 5 shots that went in and came out. This team to learn how to consistently make 3 pointers. Compare our 3point shooting to Tulane 3 point shooting and you can see why Tulanr won. They knocked them down. We did NOT.

Comment

• The Shocks were overmatched. Memphis played well. The Shocks played average for them to a little below average. When you are overmatched that is not a formula that will work.

I don't think the Shockers are quite as bad as Memphis made them look today. But we'll see. Out of the frying pan into the fire with the Shocks scheduled to play Houston next Saturday.

A lot of doubts heading into that one.

Comment

• Gawd. Guess most of us figured this was gonna be a loss...but dyamn...exposed big time in that wracking. I'd call in a hypnotist if I were coach at this point. Maybe even some sort of witch doctor. We need to play with bigger rims.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                      On a bright note, it's 66 here in Haslet TX, so I can at least go outside and enjoy the day
                      lucky you. it's colder than a witches tit here.

memphis is talented. they're going to round into shape sooner this year than they did last year (finished as nit champions).

but man, they use wichita state like practice dummies. coach really needs to recruit up.

Comment

• It is not the arc of a successful coaching career to take a team that had the talent level to win the games and play well enough to win the games we won last year., to then have your teams play so poorly on a consistent basis as they have going back to the end of last year and then do a 180. The wins have been discouraging.

Comment

• According to UNI logic, we’re still in the mix for a 10 seed.

Woohoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                            According to UNI logic, we’re still in the mix for a 10 seed.

Woohoo!
                            In the CBI….maybe

Comment

• The thing this game did for me also is allow me to watch the rest of the year without any NCAA tournament hope or expectations, as sad as that is. This is not a tournament team, and games don't need to matter long term anymore.

Comment

• I imagine that we are the smallest team in the conference. Gotta press and shoot well to win

Comment

Working...
                                X