X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol no.

There is no threat to the healthcare system by a few 20 year olds playing basketball.

Stop with the groupthink and just try to think rationally for one second. Just one.
    And how many hours this week did you spend in the hospital caring for others? If you don't understand how 20 y.o.'s with Covid can impact the healthcare system, I cannot explain it to you in a chat. But it you spend a few days seeing the effects in the hospital, perhaps then.

Comment

I know Kstate just lost their game with North Florida to Covid. Maybe we should get on the phone with them and see if they will buy us. Recoup some of the travel costs, get a decent NET game, chance to wipeout memories of the previous debacle, good chance at Q1 or Q2 win, a game we could easily travel to. Forget the makeup game with ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

And how many hours this week did you spend in the hospital caring for others? If you don't understand how 20 y.o.'s with Covid can impact the healthcare system, I cannot explain it to you in a chat. But it you spend a few days seeing the effects in the hospital, perhaps then.
        Once again, you’re trying to deflect with something that has nothing to do with what’s being discussed. A group of 20 year olds playing basketball with other 20 year olds with a stricter than average routine outside of the game does not impact the healthcare system, unless you have some statistics that show college athletes are infiltrating the healthcare system. They’re also not hanging around 60 year olds every day either.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

This is the simplest solution. If you can roll out 7 uninfected players then you play the game and take your lumps.
          So if we don’t complete 75% of our games and a game like this is the difference through no fault of our own, we’re the ones that get penalized for it?

This system is a Missouri Valley-level joke.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Once again, you’re trying to deflect with something that has nothing to do with what’s being discussed. A group of 20 year olds playing basketball with other 20 year olds with a stricter than average routine outside of the game does not impact the healthcare system, unless you have some statistics that show college athletes are infiltrating the healthcare system. They’re also not hanging around 60 year olds every day either.
            Fever is 100% right.

Plus, all this is moot while we are allowing 10.5K at CKA for every game. There is no public good argument that holds any weight while 80K are at Arrowhead every Sunday, restaurants are full.. ect.

Most of the world is moving on, CBB needs to as well.

Do what you can to stay healthy, particularly if you're at-risk. Take the shot, wear a mask if its a good one. But we need to move on as a society. This is dumb.

Comment

While we're at it, we have talked about it a lot, but who is even checking this ****? Do these teams have to provide proof of positive tests, how they're contact tracing ect. to the conference or anyone?

Not that I really think ECU is running, but it seems likely under the current system some team would run eventually should it have the option.

Would love an actual media report on that, haven't really seen it anywhere. I guess everyone assumes that these teams want to play the games, but the longer this goes on the more likely someone is going to start gaming the system.

Comment

Please, inform us:

What is the average age of death for people with covid in the US? How about from covid (excluding co-morbidities)? How many people below the age of 22 have contracted pneumonia due to covid? How about below 13?

What can you inform us about natural immunity? Should those who have had covid be vaxxed?

Comment

I have a little personal prrspective, not myself in the hospital, but from my wife and son, both working inside a large hospital. My son is working his way through college as a pt. Care Tech, currently attached to a covid floor and my wife a lead nurse in the ER.

18-25 year-olds with covid are putting zero pressure on the healthcare system. Zero. Younger than 18 is doing the same. What is happening, is as covid mutates, it has become more contagious to the young, and more young people are being infected and showing symptoms. Very, very few are being hospitalized.

Children contracting covid is a story only because "If it bleeds, it leads." Also, children and young adults with covid can pass on the virus to those at higher risk. That also, is a limited risk. The healthcare system is far from overrun. Stressed due to staff shortages, but college athletes are having zero to do with covid stress on the system. I will tell you, hospitals love the covid revenue stream.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Unless you are a teammate of Mitch Lightfoot.

Comment

Hospitals are so overwhelmed that they barely have time to make their choreographed tiktok videos. Sad so Sad!!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

This is why it should be a forfeit. If your best players are excluded, you just eliminate the desired number due to "contract tracing" so you can postpone. If it was a forfeit, they would either find a way to play or they would get their team vaccinated.
                        Yup, I expect Penny and Jank to use this to their advantage multiple times this year.

Comment

So if we don’t complete 75% of our games and a game like this is the difference through no fault of our own, we’re the ones that get penalized for it?

This system is a Missouri Valley-level joke.
                          The way it's currently playing out I don't imagine anyone makes it over 75%, so kind of moot. No postponing games, play or forfeit, is the only way to stop the shenanigans. College coaches are somewhere on the scale between life insurance, used car salesmen, and televangelists on the 'tegridy scale. If they can game this system they will.

Note Stickboy46 75% rule clarification below. The rest of my post holds true.
                          Last edited by BOBB; December 29, 2021, 09:57 PM.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

We should hang out in Dooley's office until they cut us a ****ing check.
                            Perhaps that KU boy orchestrated the whole thing.... Hey lets have WSU fly across the country for nothing.

Once a KU boy always a KU boy.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

The way it's currently playing out I don't imagine anyone makes it over 75%, so kind of moot. No postponing games, play or forfeit, is the only way to stop the shenanigans. College coaches are somewhere on the scale between life insurance, used car salesmen, and televangelists on the 'tegridy scale. If they can game this system they will.
                              We have to play 75 % of the AVERAGE number of games played. Last year with a 20 game schedule, that only ended up being 11 games as the cut off. (same rule existed last year)

Comment

If the AAC still had the forfeit rule, Dooley and East Carolina would have made sure their guys could play. Now they get to come up with ways to manipulate the system to their advantage. And the Shocks have to fly all the way across the country to find out they can not play. F bomb him up his a$$.

Comment

Working...
                                X