X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      So if I read that correctly, they would’ve had enough players before having to exclude the “close contacts“. So those aren’t even positive tests. just close contacts. Why were they letting players be around each other after Christmas break before they had gotten their test results??
      This is why it should be a forfeit. If your best players are excluded, you just eliminate the desired number due to "contract tracing" so you can postpone. If it was a forfeit, they would either find a way to play or they would get their team vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Testing asymptomatic people is the biggest problem. Just nonsensical.

Cold is probably getting a boner with all of this.
        100% agreed. The lack of common sense is just insane

Comment

Maybe the team shouldn't fly out until the morning of the game from here on. Would save on hotels too.

Comment

Originally posted by shox7 View Post
            Doc, you are right. The charter flights to the east coat AAC teams are costing the athletic department $60-80,000 per trip. That doesn’t include hotels, food or the bus to get the team to and from the hotel.
            At this rate, forget about commercial flights, we may be on a Greyhound bus to games soon.

Comment

Any suggestions on what I can do this evening?

I tried last night to talk my wife into driving from Atlanta to Greenville for the game. Glad she said no

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

I tried last night to talk my wife into driving from Atlanta to Greenville for the game. Glad she said no
                Egg Joe Dooley’s house.

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                  Wichita State (9-3) at RV/RV Oklahoma (10-1)
                  Wednesday, Dec. 29, 2021 | 6:00 PM CT | Lloyd Noble Center
                  Bally Sports Oklahoma | KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM | ShockerStats.com

WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita State wraps up non-conference play with a Big 12 matchup at Oklahoma Wednesday night.

ON THE AIR
                  Wednesday's game can be heard on the radio at KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM with Steve Strain calling the action. Strain is in his eighth season as the radio voice for Wichita State women's basketball. The game will also be televised on Bally Sports Oklahoma.

Not sure if the Shocks can stay with a very good OU team or not. I guess we'll see.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 29, 2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

It is getting very hard to be excited about the basketball season.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

Are you trying to be obtuse?

What in the world are we coming to that we’re testing for asymptomatic infection of a disease that is now proving to be far milder than its predecessors? Has ANY Division I athlete or coach been admitted to the hospital during any of their athletic seasons?

Whats the end game here? Do we test for this for eternity?

Let me guess. You’re one of Cold’s PM secret admirers that has to give him props behind close doors?
                      Testing for asymptomatic carriers is KEY to reducing spread. Basic medical knowledge.

The end game question is legit. That's why I posted the link. Our/your hospitals are overwhelmed with CoVid cases. That impacts near every aspect of health care. THAT impacts nearly every aspect of society, including commerce. The effects on health care are regardless of the "mildness" of the current state compared to prior. For those hospitalized, or those needing hospitalization and can't find a bed, your point is moot.

Your attempt to insult me is silly; I have no secret admiration for anyone on this fan board. I'm just a primary care Internist trying to help my community survive a global pandemic.

A board certified ER doctor said they couldn't find any help in Nebraska two weeks ago when the 57-year-old needed care beyond what the Nemaha County Hospital could provide.

The family of Ray DeMonia, 73, is urging people to get vaccinated after dozens of hospitals in three states were too overrun with covid-19 patients to treat him.

This goes well beyond a basketball game. Or even a season.

Comment

Appreciate the info but wtf does it have to do with the topic at hand?
                        It shows the current state of hospitalizations in Kansas. It reflects the overwhelmed status of health care. Protecting people to avoid this situation is key, and that IS the topic at hand.

Comment

This whole situation is a financial disaster for athletic departments without football. When the only revenue source is a bunch of games subject to cancellation and there's no money from football on TV, it could be difficult to maintain a functioning athletic department.

When this game is not streamed, who takes the financial hit, the schools or ESPN?

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

It shows the current state of hospitalizations in Kansas. It reflects the overwhelmed status of health care. Protecting people to avoid this situation is key, and that IS the topic at hand.
                            lol no.

There is no threat to the healthcare system by a few 20 year olds playing basketball.

Stop with the groupthink and just try to think rationally for one second. Just one.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Another season of mass cancellations could bankrupt the smaller, non-football athletic departments. Talk about a way to weed out some of the less well-off D1 schools…

Comment

Joe Dooley and East Carolina are full of sht.

Comment

Working...
                                X