This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Like I said, I think college basketball season isn’t gonna be worth paying attention to until at least early February.

Probably 1 positive asymptomatic person that is a threat to no one.
    Must be a team of trump voters - because we know they are the only ones who don’t get vaccinated.

Comment

Not to mention the team is already in Asheville, freaking North Carolina. In addition to the lost fan revenue with all of this, how about the millions being wasted on traveling to places and staying at hotels all for nothing?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So frustrating and beyond stupid. This isn’t November of 2020. Get a grip and change the rules. It’s nonsense.

Comment

Quotables: Brown Previews ECU

At his weekly media briefing, Wichita State head coach Isaac Brown laid out the keys to defending against both ECU and COVID-19 as his Shockers prepare to open American Athletic Conference play Wednesday evening in Greenville, N.C.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Must be a team of trump voters - because we know they are the only ones who don’t get vaccinated.
            These rules don't care about vaccination status or that the odds are the infections are of the newest strain which isn't anywhere close to being as potentially dangerous to pretty much anyone.

Did I see somewhere that the PAC has a rule that as long as you have one coach and seven players test negative the game will be played. That's much more reasonable that whatever the hell is going on here, even though being positive at this point isn't all that bad.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This will never happen, but home team should be obligated to play once away team has boarded that flight. As long as they have six players available. It’s not logical to make the away team travel just to allow the home team to cancel because they decided to test day of. So now we’re paying for two trips to Greenville this season? Ain’t right.

Comment

WSU-ECU Game Postponed

GREENVILLE, N.C. -- The American Athletic Conference has postponed Wednesday evening's men's basketball matchup between Wichita State and East Carolina due to health and safety protocols within the ECU program.

The American Athletic Conference has postponed Wednesday evening's men's basketball matchup between Wichita State and East Carolina due to health and safety protocols within the ECU program.

The Shockers arrived in Greenville, N.C. on Tuesday evening and took part in a Wednesday afternoon shoot around at Minges Coliseum.

Director of Athletics Darron Boatright said:

"We have been in communication with ECU and the conference office throughout the day. We hate that these types of postponements continue to be a reality, but if we're to push forward with an athletic season in the midst of a pandemic, we're going to face challenges like this. We will work with ECU and the conference to find a makeup date that makes sense for both parties."

Comment

I thought WE had the rule of 7 healthy scholarship players and one coach. And last year, I believe the make up policy was if the home team cancelled, they had to make it up on the road.

Comment

Crappppp! I am ready for some Shocker Basketball.

Comment

It's going to be a long season.

If this game is rescheduled it should be played in Wichita.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 29, 2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Not to mention the team is already in Asheville, freaking North Carolina. In addition to the lost fan revenue with all of this, how about the millions being wasted on traveling to places and staying at hotels all for nothing?
                        We should hang out in Dooley's office until they cut us a ****ing check.

Comment

I feel like with how easily this new variant spreads, you will have more postponements than games played.

If the conference policy doesn’t change, I find it hard to see how more than half of all conference games are played.

Comment

Testing asymptomatic people is the biggest problem. Just nonsensical.

Cold is probably getting a boner with all of this.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

They never should have changed the rule. Should be a forfeit and move on.

Comment

Testing asymptomatic people is the biggest problem. Just nonsensical.

Cold is probably getting a boner with all of this.
                                Your epidemiological and infectious disease ignorance is only surpassed by your willingness to display it publicly.

Comment

Working...
                                X