This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I am not connected to the NCAA or the AAC so I don't have information on this matter
    ​​​​​​Consider starting all of your future posts with this quote

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

​​​​​​Consider starting all of your future posts with this quote
      You still crying? Hang in there. One of these days you will grow up and become a real woman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

The China Flu isn't killing people at any worse of a rate then pneumonia, the flu, diabetes, etc...it's time to move on and realize it's not going anywhere. We can't close everything down for years, that's just ridiculous
        Omg... why did I have to see this.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Omg... why did I have to see this.
          You shouldn’t have. You don’t come to this place for actual sports anymore.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You shouldn’t have. You don’t come to this place for actual sports anymore.
            I came to this thread for sports and got more Covidiocy. Even I need a break sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I came to this thread for sports and got more Covidiocy. Even I need a break sometimes.
              Nope.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Well for starters continuing to test asymptomatic people and close contacts.
                Testing asymptomatic people and close contacts is how South Korea controlled the outbreak and never had a shutdown or any slowing of their economy. New Zealand did the same thing and quarantined any who were positive. Covid was virtually never transmitted.

Doing that early and aggressively resulted in insignificant numbers of cases. Doing it now is less effective. There are so many people transmitting the virus now that testing and quarantining will never find enough people infected to stop the spread.
                Last edited by WuTheOne; December 30, 2021, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• You. Are. Not. Going. To. Stop. A. Virus.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Is it explosive diarrhea or just regular diarrhea?
                    May we include projectile vomiting with the explosive shittz? Just asking for an interested observer.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

You. Are. Not. Going. To. Stop. A. Virus.
                      You're sure as hell not going to stop it by cancelling basketball games because some of the players have been in the same room with someone who tested positive. The incidence of vaccinated people contacting the virus by being in the same room with someone who tests positive is incredibly low.

I administer social functions for vaccinated older people. The average age is probably 74 or so. These are all people at the highest level of risk. One of them is 93 and will never miss a WSU game as long as she's alive and capable of getting to the game. She is absolutely unafraid of any risk from attending a Shocker game.

We've had a few breakthrough cases. None have required hospitalization. None have spread through contact in face-to-face contact in close proximity for several hours. We've had one case of transmittal when one person gave an infected person a ride home that took about 25 minutes. That's close proximity in a closed environment for an extended period.

Out of all the older vaccinated people I associate with, only one is hesitant to go out. Her husband has had an organ transplant and his doctors have said he may die if he got the virus.

The only possible reason for the protocols in place is the fear of lawsuits. It's not the fear of the disease. It's not the fear of spreading the disease. It's the fear that some player somewhere might get it and require hospitalization. Then the lawyers would spring into action and bankrupt the athletic department of that player.

It's not the virus that's destroying the basketball season, it's our nation's desire and ability to sue and the laws that let anybody sue for anything. The people aren't afraid of the virus. Athletic departments and the NCAA are afraid of the lawsuits.

800,000+ deaths in a 2-year period would be proof in court that Covid is not comparable to the flu. Doesn't matter whether you believe that number - that's the published number and that's the number that has to be dealt with if anything goes to court.
                      Last edited by WuTheOne; December 31, 2021, 12:11 AM.

Comment

You. Are. Not. Going. To. Stop. A. Virus.
                        Is that what you believe? Really? None? Ever?

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Is that what you believe? Really? None? Ever?
                          Is it your opinion that we should fight Rona until it is at zero?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

You're sure as hell not going to stop it by cancelling basketball games because some of the players have been in the same room with someone who tested positive. The incidence of vaccinated people contacting the virus by being in the same room with someone who tests positive is incredibly low.

I administer social functions for vaccinated older people. The average age is probably 74 or so. These are all people at the highest level of risk. One of them is 93 and will never miss a WSU game as long as she's alive and capable of getting to the game. She is absolutely unafraid of any risk from attending a Shocker game.

We've had a few breakthrough cases. None have required hospitalization. None have spread through contact in face-to-face contact in close proximity for several hours. We've had one case of transmittal when one person gave an infected person a ride home that took about 25 minutes. That's close proximity in a closed environment for an extended period.

Out of all the older vaccinated people I associate with, only one is hesitant to go out. Her husband has had an organ transplant and his doctors have said he may die if he got the virus.

The only possible reason for the protocols in place is the fear of lawsuits. It's not the fear of the disease. It's not the fear of spreading the disease. It's the fear that some player somewhere might get it and require hospitalization. Then the lawyers would spring into action and bankrupt the athletic department of that player.

It's not the virus that's destroying the basketball season, it's our nation's desire and ability to sue and the laws that let anybody sue for anything. The people aren't afraid of the virus. Athletic departments and the NCAA are afraid of the lawsuits.

800,000+ deaths in a 2-year period would be proof in court that Covid is not comparable to the flu. Doesn't matter whether you believe that number - that's the published number and that's the number that has to be dealt with if anything goes to court.
                            Swingers club?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Is it your opinion that we should fight Rona until it is at zero?
                              No. We should fight it until our medical resources aren't stretched to the breaking point.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

No. We should fight it until our medical resources aren't stretched to the breaking point.
                                If the fear mongering would stop and people would think rationally and logically, medical resources wouldn't be stretched to the breaking point.

Comment

Working...
                                X