Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis played Tulane tonight without Bates, Duren and Williams because they thought they could still win. There is zero chance they come to Wichita if those 3 are still out. There will be a magic spike in unavailable players just for Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

And how many hours this week did you spend in the hospital caring for others? If you don't understand how 20 y.o.'s with Covid can impact the healthcare system, I cannot explain it to you in a chat. But it you spend a few days seeing the effects in the hospital, perhaps then.
      OregonShocker I understand where you're coming from, but 20 year olds are going out clubbing every night and spreading this to their families. I think the issue is the difference between the prescriptive and descriptive situations. We aren't testing and isolating anywhere in society right now. I'd argue we should be, but that's beside the point. Should we treat these athletes any differently than the people in the stadiums, airports, and bars around the country?

Look, if BOBB ruled the world all the players and staff and fans would be vaccinated. I don't. The risk of the players' close contacts being a vector for spread isn't any higher in a game than when they go to a house party, bar, or class. 2 of 3 they do all the time.
      ​​​If we wanted to have a public health impact we'd be better off chaining the doors to Koch arena and letting the games happen with no fans.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We have to play 75 % of the AVERAGE number of games played. Last year with a 20 game schedule, that only ended up being 11 games as the cut off. (same rule existed last year)
        Thanks for that clarification. My reading comprehension brought to you by Hillside High!
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Athletes who aren't hanging out with 60-year-olds aren't going to class.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
            Athletes who aren't hanging out with 60-year-olds aren't going to class.
            Didn’t realize your definition of “hanging out” was sitting in a chair 40 feet from said 60 year old in a classroom.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Didn’t realize your definition of “hanging out” was sitting in a chair 40 feet from said 60 year old in a classroom.
              I figured I'd get ripped for suggesting that a 20-year-old jock might expose a 60-year-old teacher in one of their classes.

I think the restrictions are WAY too tight, but if we want to minimize the effects of this virus we have to do a lot of stuff we don't want to do. D1 ball is going overboard. I suspect there are lawyers involved in the league decisions.

Until we get world-wide vaccinations on the level that we've gotten polio and smallpox vaccinations, we're going to have Covid hanging around mutating and killing people.

I think it's time to take a look at vaccinated and previously infected people different than we look at those with neither. Those with neither are the breeding grounds for spread and mutations. There's a solid reason for isolating them. Those vaccinated or previously infected are significantly less likely to spread the virus or to require medical attention on a reinfection.

Quarantining vaccinated or previously infected because of a close contact is insanity that could only be considered reasonable by lawyers wanting to get paid for an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I figured I'd get ripped for suggesting that a 20-year-old jock might expose a 60-year-old teacher in one of their classes.

I think the restrictions are WAY too tight, but if we want to minimize the effects of this virus we have to do a lot of stuff we don't want to do. D1 ball is going overboard. I suspect there are lawyers involved in the league decisions.

Until we get world-wide vaccinations on the level that we've gotten polio and smallpox vaccinations, we're going to have Covid hanging around mutating and killing people.

I think it's time to take a look at vaccinated and previously infected people different than we look at those with neither. Those with neither are the breeding grounds for spread and mutations. There's a solid reason for isolating them. Those vaccinated or previously infected are significantly less likely to spread the virus or to require medical attention on a reinfection.

Quarantining vaccinated or previously infected because of a close contact is insanity that could only be considered reasonable by lawyers wanting to get paid for an opinion.
                The China Flu isn't killing people at any worse of a rate then pneumonia, the flu, diabetes, etc...it's time to move on and realize it's not going anywhere. We can't close everything down for years, that's just ridiculous

Comment

There are too many people that will never be able to mentally clear the hurdle to move this into the flu category. And those folks don't watch basketball or do anything fun, so it is no loss to them to continue the chirade because no sacrifices to their leisure are being made.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

This is so far beyond asinine I don't even know where to begin.

Teams should absolutely have to forfeit if they can't play the game. It is maddening that a team who has mostly been able to avoid any issues has to have THREE games cancelled because another team either is lying or can't get their sh!t together.

Continuing to test close contacts is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. We are far far far beyond that.

The AAC conference and college basketball as a whole is a complete joke with the way they continue to cling to protocols that don't "follow the science".

With advances in vaccines and treatments combined with mutations that are less and less deadly, it is time to move on. Should we have the same protocols for someone who has the flu? A cold? Diarrhea? This whole thing makes me not even want to watch or pay attention any more. I am really close to being done.

Comment

• Is it explosive diarrhea or just regular diarrhea?
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        This is so far beyond asinine I don't even know where to begin.

Teams should absolutely have to forfeit if they can't play the game. It is maddening that a team who has mostly been able to avoid any issues has to have THREE games cancelled because another team either is lying or can't get their sh!t together.

Continuing to test close contacts is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. We are far far far beyond that.

The AAC conference and college basketball as a whole is a complete joke with the way they continue to cling to protocols that don't "follow the science".

With advances in vaccines and treatments combined with mutations that are less and less deadly, it is time to move on. Should we have the same protocols for someone who has the flu? A cold? Diarrhea? This whole thing makes me not even want to watch or pay attention any more. I am really close to being done.
                        I am not connected to the NCAA or the AAC so I don't have information on this matter, but could anyone provide information on what protocols they are following that is not connected to science. I realize that this entire issue is a moving target. Thank you in advance for your help. Go Shocks.

Comment

• We should make a forum specifically for this topic

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

OregonShocker I understand where you're coming from, but 20 year olds are going out clubbing every night and spreading this to their families. I think the issue is the difference between the prescriptive and descriptive situations. We aren't testing and isolating anywhere in society right now. I'd argue we should be, but that's beside the point. Should we treat these athletes any differently than the people in the stadiums, airports, and bars around the country?

Look, if BOBB ruled the world all the players and staff and fans would be vaccinated. I don't. The risk of the players' close contacts being a vector for spread isn't any higher in a game than when they go to a house party, bar, or class. 2 of 3 they do all the time.
                            ​​​If we wanted to have a public health impact we'd be better off chaining the doors to Koch arena and letting the games happen with no fans.

see a handful of the basketball players at either pumphouse or industry on the weekends... almost every weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I am not connected to the NCAA or the AAC so I don't have information on this matter, but could anyone provide information on what protocols they are following that is not connected to science. I realize that this entire issue is a moving target. Thank you in advance for your help. Go Shocks.
                              Well for starters continuing to test asymptomatic people and close contacts.

Comment

• Amen to this coach’s sentiments….NCAA=“No Clue at All”
                                N.C. State football coach Dave Doeren was unhappy with how the NCAA handled its bowl game cancelation amid the surges in coronavirus over the course of the last few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X