• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    MVC went 4/10 tonight

South Dakota State (the other SDSU) - 75
    Bradley - 59

Game's not over, so Bradley still has a chance. They just need a 17-0 run in the last 2 minutes

Little Rock - 69
    SIU - 66

Cincy - 65
    E'ville 43

Toledo - 69
    Valpo - 61

Nicholls - 62
    UNI - 58

SEMo - 99
    MoSt - 94

InSU - 81
    Green Bay - 77

IlSU - 68
    UNC- Wilmington - 63

Loyola (Next team to look for a better conference) - 103!
    Coppin State - 45

Drake - 87
    Coe College (who?) - 61

Kinda sad to see what's happened to that league - with the exception of Loyola.

They did play some powerhouses though.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Never mind. I looked it up. It used to be UC La Jolla. That is a bad loss.

San Diego U is a private Catholic institution.
      There are four main universities in San Diego. SDSU; UC San Diego; University of San Diego, and Cal State San Marcos. UCSD just transitioned to Division 1 and joined the Big West. I believe this is their first season. They have traditionally been an academic (big medical school, engineering, research) institution with an amazingly beautiful campus in La Jolla overlooking Torrey Pines and the ocean. USD is a private catholic school with a good law program and business school. SDSU is pretty much a party school with some academics. Cal State San Marcos is a fast growing state university located in North County San Diego that is D2 in athletics.

Comment

I couldn't help myself....had to head over to the most delusional fan base on earth to see about the at large update.

I honestly thought I had inadvertently found a 15 year old thread, but nay, it is current:

"That is sort of my fear with them, they have the pieces but will take a while to gel. My guess is that they will struggle non-conference but then figure it out and get a few upsets that they shouldn't get during conference and make our top teams look bad. In all honesty the Valley had 4 teams that if they perform could or should be tournament team but there is only about a 1% chance of the Valley getting 4 teams in again."

THE VALLEY HAS 4 TEAMS THAT COULD OR SHOULD BE TOURNAMENT TEAMS.

WOW.

That comment by the way is about Valpo's chances....I can only assume UNI is one of the 4 at large teams to whom he's referencing.

About a 1% chance? Maybe if you put 4 to 10 zeros after the decimal.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I couldn't help myself....had to head over to the most delusional fan base on earth to see about the at large update.

I honestly thought I had inadvertently found a 15 year old thread, but nay, it is current:

"That is sort of my fear with them, they have the pieces but will take a while to gel. My guess is that they will struggle non-conference but then figure it out and get a few upsets that they shouldn't get during conference and make our top teams look bad. In all honesty the Valley had 4 teams that if they perform could or should be tournament team but there is only about a 1% chance of the Valley getting 4 teams in again."

THE VALLEY HAS 4 TEAMS THAT COULD OR SHOULD BE TOURNAMENT TEAMS
          I'm not sure who exactly you are talking about. There are multiple Valley teams who have delusional fan bases.

Comment

Tarleton who we play next week lost 62-50 at Stanford last night. Stanford is #69 (nice) on Kenpom while we currently sit at #68. Looking at Tarleton, they play @KU this weekend. @Michigan and @Gonzaga later this month. Collecting them checks!

Comment

WOW.

That comment by the way is about Valpo's chances....I can only assume UNI is one of the 4 at large teams to whom he's referencing.

I'm completely guilty of doing that myself...it's comical. I thought I wore rose colored glasses with my favorite teams, but wowser!

Comment

wrong thread

Comment

WOW.

"He's absolutely an NBA lock. Austin Reaves is playing all sorts of minutes for the Lakers and AJ is universally better thought of.

It's one night.

After sleeping on it, we're fine. Last night was disappointing but we're fine. The only thing it does is hurts the margin of error and there are all sorts of opportunities for this game to be forgotten about. They are also not going to be a boat anchor on our numbers, they're probably a 150ish team though their league schedule hurts a lot there.

We held them to 62 points and they'll end up averaging around 80. The defense that we've been missing the last couple years was there and you could tell it in rotations and challenged shots.

We're not going to have another night where we shoot 30% and you only get 6 total points out of AJ and Carter.

We're fine."

Ah yes .. AJ Green .. who has really done next to nothing in a crappy MVC is universally better thought of than Austin Reaves who torched the Big 12.

Losing to KenPom 206 (after the game, they were 226 before) at home is no big deal .. because they will have "plenty of opportunities" Newsflash ... you have to be good enough to win those opportunities. Also newsflash, your conference gives you tons of opportunities for more bad losses .. and very few good wins

Comment

There's so much gold here...... ShockerFever is going to enjoy this:

Well... It's officially game week for the first regular season basketball for our men's basketball team. A lot of hope and promise with this squad. It's been a rollercoaster the last couple years, but I'm hoping we get off to a good start with the non-conference schedule and build some confidence going into conference play. I

Can't wait for the season to start - start of a brutal non-conference schedule - oppo is a sneaky good team that could win multiple power 5 games after us - resume builder - pace ourselves, get the win and save something for Vermont - Deep bench - AJ will never have that bad a half - need to hit some shots - this sucks - have to get lucky in St Louis.

These guys never disappoint.

Comment

UNI could legit not win a D1 game until Mid December looking at their schedule

Home Vs Vermont .. I'll take Vermont
                      D2 game
                      @ Arkansas ... no chance at that one
                      @ St Bonaventure .. almost no chance there
                      @ Bradley - Might be their only saving grace
                      Home vs Richmond ... I'll take Richmond

1-6 start isn't out of the question there. And really you have 2 game that might be able kinda offset the Nichols loss in Arkansas and St Bonaventure. I just don't see them winning those.

Comment

Don't kid yourself, University of Dubuque and Wartburg College are loaded.

Comment

UNI fans think Arkansas is going to be cake walk...since they're newer players, they'll be able to catch them before they get going. Then once they start moving up it'll make the win look great!

Comment

There's so much gold here...... ShockerFever is going to enjoy this:

Well... It's officially game week for the first regular season basketball for our men's basketball team. A lot of hope and promise with this squad. It's been a rollercoaster the last couple years, but I'm hoping we get off to a good start with the non-conference schedule and build some confidence going into conference play. I

Can't wait for the season to start - start of a brutal non-conference schedule - oppo is a sneaky good team that could win multiple power 5 games after us - resume builder - pace ourselves, get the win and save something for Vermont - Deep bench - AJ will never have that bad a half - need to hit some shots - this sucks - have to get lucky in St Louis.

These guys never disappoint.
                            That is beyond gold. GOD I LOVE THAT MESSAGEBOARD!!

Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Re: Loyola

They're still good (though maybe not as good as last season), and Aher Uguak (cousin of Luol Deng) is an NBA prospect. I'll be interested to follow them. Props to them for taking the invite to the Valley and really running with it. It's obviously benefited them but they've benefited the Valley big time as well.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

How Loyola took the opportunity and ran with it is the same reason I'm not ready to throw most of the incoming members of the AAC under the bus. If there's a will, there's an opportunity and there is potential with a few of them. Loyola wasn't a favored addition by us when they joined the MVC either.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X