2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Don't know that I'd call this a game of interest, but OK St at home was up on Prairie View 38-15 at the half.......Prairie View rattled off 15 straight points to start the 2nd half.
    I think Okie State is packing it in for the year. It’s hard to get up for a season that will automatically be doomed for an NCAA Tournament.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I think Okie State is packing it in for the year. It’s hard to get up for a season that will automatically be doomed for an NCAA Tournament.
      Not sure I know of a better way to penalize a school (responsible party) and not the players (minus any responsible player), but perhaps not penalizing the team of players by giving them the ability to qualify for the Dance, but penalize the school (or the conference) by them not receiving any money from the tournament. Such funds to be divided among all the other participating schools evenly or donated in some way.

Comment

• Stevenson off to an 0-5 start (0-4 from 3) in the first 8 minutes of their game today.

Ooo I can’t wait for some more social media entertainment!
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Had to sneak a peek at the game on ESPNU. I swear that the hoop could be as big as a swimming pool and TP would still clank it of the diving board.
          Last edited by wichshock65; November 14, 2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• BIG shout out to Western Kentucky's coach Camron Justice for landing a smoking hottie for his wife. MaKaylee Justice, A+.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              BIG shout out to Western Kentucky's coach Camron Justice for landing a smoking hottie for his wife. MaKaylee Justice, A+.
              Very astute basketball observation.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Flagrant foul or no?

Tough call. If you know Erik like we know him, it's flagrant. He just clanked an awful 3 and was emotional and wanted to drop that kid. The contact was excessive and some to the head.

Just my opinion. Good call. Dad probably didn't care for it.

Comment

• Stevenson with another solid performance. 3-12, 1-8 for 3. He's now 2-25 from 3 for the year. 10-43 from the field

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Stevenson is getting RIPPED on the SC board. Started early in the game. It seems there are more posts about him than all other posts combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                        Stevenson is getting RIPPED on the SC board. Started early in the game. It seems there are more posts about him than all other posts combined.
                        Looks like his Starter status could be in jeopardy. He had the fewest minutes of the 3 starting guards and one of the non-starting guards played more minutes, shot better, had 16 points, and more assists and rebounds than any of the 6 guards that played.

Comment

• A couple quotes:

He's now 1-19 on the year.....at this point I think he's missing on purpose.

How the hell did he make 1??!

Comment

Not sure I know of a better way to penalize a school (responsible party) and not the players (minus any responsible player), but perhaps not penalizing the team of players by giving them the ability to qualify for the Dance, but penalize the school (or the conference) by them not receiving any money from the tournament. Such funds to be divided among all the other participating schools evenly or donated in some way.
                            Some booster with deep pockets would simply make up the lost revenue. As much as it sucks for the current players, there simply isn't a better method of punishment. Simply follow the rules, and prospects need to take into account those schools/coaches less likely to do so.

Comment

Easiest way to affect the school but not the kids is to ban them from postseason in a future season along with free waivers for anyone that wants to transfer. Let them recruit for a year or two with that black mark on them

Comment

Looks like his Starter status could be in jeopardy. He had the fewest minutes of the 3 starting guards and one of the non-starting guards played more minutes, shot better, had 16 points, and more assists and rebounds than any of the 6 guards that played.
                                And somehow NINE turnovers lol
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X