Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Very small sample size here but Taking last years NETs of the to-be AAC and the to-be A10
    AAC A10
    35 10
    55 31
    59 42
    70 52
    83 68
    127 77
    158 90
    160 112
    161 119
    175 135
    178 139
    181 209
    200 222
    231 266
    AVG 133 AVG 126
    Top of the A10 is better though Loyola (the 10) wont stay up that high. Bottom of the A10 is worse. Average is basically the same.

So right now? I'm not sure it make sense because it would be a financial hit. If Memphis and SMU leave? Yea it probably makes sense then.
    Fordham is a BIG drag on the A-10. They need to have some sort of requirements put on them by the A-10 to improve their product so it doesn't stink so bad. Take them out of the numbers and the A-10 average improves to 111. Add WSU to their numbers and take WSU away from the AAC's, it wouldn't even be close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Ooooof ... good for Loyola. Bad for the Valley.

Also makes the A10 look a little better if we need to bail at some point.

Valley is also adding Murray, UMKC and UT Arlington.

Dang Arlington is gonna be on an island in that bus league.
      Is this true about additions? Murray would make sense. UMKC hasn't been good in forever, but I could see the desire of having a presence in KC. Arlington wouldn't be a bad add, and one I talked about while we were still there, but for a conference so concerned with travel you'd think adding a UIC or Little Rock would make more sense.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Fordham is a BIG drag on the A-10. They need to have some sort of requirements put on them by the A-10 to improve their product so it doesn't stink so bad. Take them out of the numbers and the A-10 average improves to 111. Add WSU to their numbers and take WSU away from the AAC's, it wouldn't even be close.
        Now drop our weakest member and add Dayton to the AAC. It's a pointless consideration.

the A10 media payout is around the same as the MVC, though they do get more tournament credits. But even those are split through a ton of teams. I don't know how they spread out those credits, but I believe the A10 does reward those that actually earn them with a larger share than the likes of the MVC.

We're still better off in the AAC. The new schools must be given time to recruit to a better conference and they all seem to be investing in athletics to try and capitalize on the upgrade.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Yikes, FAUs gym is pitiful.

Comment

• Incoming BCPather hot take

"Y'all this wouldn't have been leaked to Norlander if it weren't happening.
            I mean, the pearl clutching doesn't do any good. Arlington has said they're ready to spend and we're obviously requiring KC to show it.

The sky isn't falling. Belmont and Murray are both better historically than Loyola. We're going to be fine.

There will continue to not be much difference between the A10 and the Valley, they just have the advantage of that east coast media machine."

Wait ..they really thought there wasn't "much difference between the A10 and the Valley" already?

Comment

• Good for Loyola getting in the A10. That’s a good move and a good fit for them.

I think we’re beginning to see the consolidation of CBB programs that folks have been predicting, which will ultimately determine the make up of D1. The game of musical chairs is underway.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Now drop our weakest member and add Dayton to the AAC. It's a pointless consideration.

the A10 media payout is around the same as the MVC, though they do get more tournament credits. But even those are split through a ton of teams. I don't know how they spread out those credits, but I believe the A10 does reward those that actually earn them with a larger share than the likes of the MVC.

We're still better off in the AAC. The new schools must be given time to recruit to a better conference and they all seem to be investing in athletics to try and capitalize on the upgrade.
                First, I didn't say drop anyone. I said the A-10 should apply some pressure to Fordham to improve and not be a drag on the conference.

Second, if one is considering which basketball conference they should be in (that's an assumption and they have a choice), you look at the conferences MINUS you. One also adds or takes away any schools coming in or those schools who are leaving. In other words, the AAC may be better than the A-10 because WSU is in it. I believe that may be a true statement, especially without Cincy and Houston.

My biggest hang-up right now is that our future is being controlled by football. We are a basketball school. That's what pays the bills. While basketball may have been a consideration regarding our soon to be new additions, football still drives the bus in the AAC and we do not share in any of those monies. What helps us is the number of schools that make the Dance and how far they go. Houston did us good last year.

I would rather hope we'd get an invite to the Big East. It would provide more basketball revenue and most likely improve our recruiting as well. Nevertheless, I believe the A-10 to be a better basketball conference than the AAC post Cincy and Houston (not counting us, but maybe even counting us in the AAC numbers).

We haven't even gotten into the fact that Memphis would be gone, gone if they had a chance. What about SMU if the MWC comes calling? UConn is gone. Football rules us right now. Outside of the fact we're in the AAC, if we were not, I wouldn't give a hoot about the AAC and the schools in it.

Comment

• Temple down to n Elon at halftime.

Comment

• Comment

• As if Temple doesn't already struggle enough.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• No doubt, horrible to hear, and a stark reminder how important it is to stay healthy. It can go fast.

Watched a little of OU Florida this afternoon, I forgot Ethan Chargois transferred to OU. He had some untapped talent. It appears he still might.

Comment

• Penny.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                            He said the same thing bout his last #1 recruiting class, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                              I wonder who is responsible for the locker room and for getting the player to play together?

Maybe the janitor?

Comment

• It sure ain't L. Brown.

He looks positively flummoxed sitting on the bench. Why'd he even do it?

Comment

Working...
                                X