Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The smell of sheep is strong on Cold.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

KU's football problems CANNOT be solved with money. KU's football problems start with Bill Self or any other basketball coach. When the basketball coach is a key member of the selection committee when an AD is hired, you will never find any FB coach with the slightest amount of self-esteem interested in working in that department.

FB coaches are used to being the BIG DOG in the athletic department. That will never happen at KU.

Throwing money at a FB program isn't going to make talented recruits want to play for the worst FBS team in the nation. Throwing money at the recruits isn't going to help either. There will be other schools throwing money at them too.

At KU the basketball coach gets a lifetime contract that seems to have provisions that he can't be fired even if he racks up any number of NCAA voiolations. FB coaches last a couple of years and then get to start entirely new careers.
      Explain Mangino then.

KU isn't cursed. They know what they need to do.

Throw hundreds of millions at their stadium.

Throw 10's of millions at recruits, hookers, and blow.

Be ready to cough up a massive buy-in to whatever power conference listens.

We don't want the B12 stabilizing and moving to 14.

We at least need the ChicKUns and Cowboys to bail. Then the AAC will die... or at least become irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        The smell of sheep is strong on Cold.
        Now it all makes sense.

He’s trashed up all of the off topic forums and got pounced. Now he’s taking his contrarian act to the main board. Dude has issues.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I suspect the idea of their "vaunted" basketball team having to play a road game on a floor covered in roller coasters was a bit of a wake-up call. KU has a lot of untapped money; don't kid yourself. I don't know where they're going, but I'm gonna bet they never share a conference w/ the likes of Houston or UCF CC. Just like I bet that the AAC would never pull from the B12...
          I don't doubt that KU can get to the ACC or Pac, but the B1G is a no. And yes, KU has lots of money, but no more than many other public universities. Kansas has one selling point, basketball. Their drawbacks are numerous, including the worst football in the P-5, not just currently, but historically bad, and dilapidated athletic facilities across the board.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I don't doubt that KU can get to the ACC or Pac, but the B1G is a no. And yes, KU has lots of money, but no more than many other public universities. Kansas has one selling point, basketball. Their drawbacks are numerous, including the worst football in the P-5, not just currently, but historically bad, and dilapidated athletic facilities across the board.
            Are the facilities overall dilapidated? I’ve only been to their embarrassing football stadium recently, but I thought soccer, T&F, baseball, and VB facilities were pretty decent. While Allen is old, it certainly would be hard to top the environment.

Comment

• I apologize if this has been shared already.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Are the facilities overall dilapidated? I’ve only been to their embarrassing football stadium recently, but I thought soccer, T&F, baseball, and VB facilities were pretty decent. While Allen is old, it certainly would be hard to top the environment.
                Yes. Just a few photos, one the baseball stadium and then the natatorium. The baseball stadium looks like a typical Omaha high school stadium. The natatorium looks fine, unless you're a college swimmer. Then you know instead of standard, 50 meter lanes, you are swimming in 25 yard lanes. This is why KU hosts many of their swimming events in Topeka. Much of KU athletics are treated this way, underfunded.

​​​​​​​
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I think volleyball got an upgrade, but it doesn't even put it on par with Creighton. One of the guys I go to Chiefs games with is a KU grad and booster. He was pissed that a few years back, the university spent $20 mil on baseball and volleyball. Both sports got facility upgrades. My buddy thought no money should be spent that doesn't directly impact basketball. The only silver lining for him on those upgrades was that those team offices would be moved out of AFH, opening up more space for mbb.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    I apologize if this has been shared already.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...sented-monday/
                    This has no positives for the AAC. I don't see any effing reason this would be a good idea, which means Aresco will probably agree to it.

Comment

• Clodbutted is such a myopic little twit.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

This has no positives for the AAC. I don't see any effing reason this would be a good idea, which means Aresco will probably agree to it.
                        No need to worry. It sounds like Aresco and crew have no interest.

When asked about the C-USA concept, an AAC spokesman told CBS Sports, "We have zero interest in that. That's not in our plan."

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

B12: “Hey, wanna do a thing that makes you all even MORE irrelevant?”

Every Go5 conference: “F— you.”

I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                            I apologize if this has been shared already.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...sented-monday/
                            Might as well join the MIAA if we do that. At leat we could probably afford football in that scenario.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Might as well join the MIAA if we do that. At leat we could probably afford football in that scenario.
                              How about they include the Big 12 in this realignment? They're concerned about the AAC poaching teams from CUSA or Sunbelt but it all starts with Big 12 poaching the AAC

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

How about they include the Big 12 in this realignment? They're concerned about the AAC poaching teams from CUSA or Sunbelt but it all starts with Big 12 poaching the AAC
                                All poaching the AAC will do for b12 is put them about a step (or two) behind the PAC10, and that's being real kind. Just look at what the Trojans did to the Chickens last March.

Comment

Working...
                                X