Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is hilarious.. The recently fired Jeff Long was ringing the common sense bell by saying it doesn’t make fiscal sense to build a new football stadium which would most likely have more seats just to make other conferences happy when the stadium is only full 6-7 times a year.
    So basically he sugar coated that as much as he could. What he meant was, there’s no point in building a new anything or adding seats to anything when your football team is nearly the worst team in America.
    Maybe the guy was in favor of canceling football and leaving the Big 12 for a lesser conference? Lol. The only stadium in the Big 10 that’s nearly as bad as KU’s current situation is Northwestern. The Big 10 doesn’t want another Northwestern https://throughthephog.com/2021/08/1...novations/amp/
    Last edited by bleed yellow; October 10, 2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

The wheels are in motion.

They aren't going to build a new stadium to play with UCF CC.

Both KU and OSU will be defecting. After they leave then WVU is gone. It could be KU and ISU to the B10, with WVU to the ACC (I believe there's an ACC school that the SEC is rumored to be considering poaching), and OSU to the PAC.

Then the "Big 12" will absolutely rape the AAC and we either get in w/ Navy or we go to the MWC w/ Tulsa.

That's a win-win over the status quo which will be a CUSA FUBAR replete w/ teams that consider an NCAA invite equivalent to winning the national championship.

There is a third option... let's hope we don't have to go there.

Oh, and can somebody fire AD BeltTight when they get a chance? Thanks in advance!
      The big 12 becomes the AAC and somehow remains a P5 with KState being the flagship school.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
        This is hilarious.. The recently fired Jeff Long was ringing the common sense bell by saying it doesn’t make fiscal sense to build a new football stadium which would most likely have more seats just to make other conferences happy when the stadium is only full 6-7 times a year.
        So basically he sugar coated that as much as he could. What he meant was, there’s no point in building a new anything or adding seats to anything when your football team is nearly the worst team in America.
        Maybe the guy was in favor of canceling football and leaving the Big 12 for a lesser conference? Lol. The only stadium in the Big 10 that’s nearly as bad as KU’s current situation is Northwestern. The Big 10 doesn’t want another Northwestern https://throughthephog.com/2021/08/1...novations/amp/
        Full 6-7 times per year? LOL, you mean for all home games? Yah right.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The wheels are in motion.

They aren't going to build a new stadium to play with UCF CC.

Both KU and OSU will be defecting. After they leave then WVU is gone. It could be KU and ISU to the B10, with WVU to the ACC (I believe there's an ACC school that the SEC is rumored to be considering poaching), and OSU to the PAC.

Then the "Big 12" will absolutely rape the AAC and we either get in w/ Navy or we go to the MWC w/ Tulsa.

That's a win-win over the status quo which will be a CUSA FUBAR replete w/ teams that consider an NCAA invite equivalent to winning the national championship.

There is a third option... let's hope we don't have to go there.

Oh, and can somebody fire AD BeltTight when they get a chance? Thanks in advance!
          B1G inviting KU and ISU - I don't think so. Should the ACC be the SEC's next targeted power conference (Clemson and FSU fit nicely into the SEC footprint); then the B1G could move on UNC and Virginia; two flagship AAU member universities. Resulting in the ACC joining the Big 12 as former power conferences and the SEC + B1G + PAC as the only true Power Conferences.

Comment

• I suppose Hell could freeze over and KU and Iowa State get invites, but really?

And I suppose there could be some secret donor out there that is bailing out KU with a billion dollars, but this would be the same donor that took a pass on $350 million less than 10 years ago. Really?

The B1G already announced that they weren't adding. They wouldn't say that if they were considering any additions, and this was after it was known publicly that KU had inquired about joining.

If KU and Iowa State were to join the B1G, they certainly would have done it prior to them voting to add Houston, UCF and Cincy. Announcing then, along with OU and UT to the SEC, would have disolved the Big 12, effectively negating exit fees. It didn't happen. Instead, KU and Iowa State inflated the Big 12 life raft, adding schools that will prevent the Big 12's demise, trapping them forever.

I get the billion dollar bailout rumor on phog.net. It's the type of rumor floated during desperate times. The fact of the matter is these type of donations don't stay private. My guess is that there is a behind the scenes billion dollar capital campaign underway desperately trying to bridge the gap between what KU has for facilities, and the minimum needed for consideration. Add the "telephone game" factor into the mix, and a billion dollar need just became a billion dollar donation.

Kansas has the worst facilities in the Big 12 by far. They are no where near the basic requirements of the Big 10. Just to bring perspective, Kansas built an indoor practice facility for football. As is, its the worst and smallest in the B1G. Kansas would have the second smallest stadium in the B1G, but Northwestern's, while a tad smaller, is a mausoleum in comparison. Nothing in the B1G is done on the cheap. It is one reason why Rutgers and Maryland are still debt ridden- they are required to keep up the arms race. Kansas has a century old history of not spending money on anything outside of mbb. That will never change, and even if they succeed in their billion dollar facelift, it fools nobody on how they will spend money in the future.

Nebraska has sucked at football for the last 15 years. They are putting another $160mm into their stadium. That is five years removed from $150mm. This is what a night game looks like there. This is B1G standard.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              I suppose Hell could freeze over and KU and Iowa State get invites, but really?

And I suppose there could be some secret donor out there that is bailing out KU with a billion dollars, but this would be the same donor that took a pass on $350 million less than 10 years ago. Really?
              I suspect the idea of their "vaunted" basketball team having to play a road game on a floor covered in roller coasters was a bit of a wake-up call. KU has a lot of untapped money; don't kid yourself. I don't know where they're going, but I'm gonna bet they never share a conference w/ the likes of Houston or UCF CC. Just like I bet that the AAC would never pull from the B12...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So wait ... UCF... With an enrollment of 66,000 in Orlando with a metro area population of 2.6 million is a "community college" (assuming that is what you meant by UCF CC)

Yet you have said KSU is "big time". The same KSU that has only 25k enrolled and sits in massive Manhattan ks with 55k population
                Kansas State University, the nation's first land-grant university, was founded in 1863.
                The school's research is so well-regarded that it became a member of the AAU in 1958, before Colorado (1961), UCLA (1974), or Texas A&M (2001).
                UCF CC is not KSU lol.

87% of UCF's student body is taking at least one online course. They're University of Phoenix... with roller coasters.

Big 12 material....

Comment

UCF CC is not KSU lol.

87% of UCF's student body is taking at least one online course. They're University of Phoenix... with roller coasters.

Big 12 material....
                  I am guessing you have never been to their campus.

Comment

UCF CC is not KSU lol.

Big 12 material....
                    Like normal, your propaganda is misleading.

87% of UCF students are enrolled in Online or BLENDED LEARNING. Important distinction.

Assuming that still to be your point, that leaves 9,300 full time in person only students…. Out of 72,000.

Kansas State, removing their online student body using same variables, leaves 9,450 full time in person only students…. Out of 20,000.

The difference is UCF has one of the Top 15 Online programs based on US News. Kansas State? Barely cracks Top 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Like normal, your propaganda is misleading.

87% of UCF students are enrolled in Online or BLENDED LEARNING. Important distinction.

Assuming that still to be your point, that leaves 9,300 full time in person only students…. Out of 72,000.

Kansas State, removing their online student body using same variables, leaves 9,450 full time in person only students…. Out of 20,000.

The difference is UCF has one of the Top 15 Online programs based on US News. Kansas State? Barely cracks Top 50.
                      I said at least 1 online course. Sharpen your reading comprehension.

K-State is a real (land grant +AAU) university.

UCF is JUCO-esque w/ a pop-up football park.

End of discussion.

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; October 10, 2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                        This is hilarious.. The recently fired Jeff Long was ringing the common sense bell by saying it doesn’t make fiscal sense to build a new football stadium which would most likely have more seats just to make other conferences happy when the stadium is only full 6-7 times a year.
                        was that treally 6 or 7 times a year, graduation and when else? Maybe 6 or seven times a decade.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• The UCFCC "Bounce House"...

The secret sauce is all metal bleachers. Who knew?

Comment

• KU's football problems can be solved with money. They got very lucky with Mangino.

KU has a very wealthy alumni base. We'll see if they step up. And if they do, they will find a decent conference.

The reason I want KU to find a decent conference is because it helps our cause. If the New Big 12 finds stability, we are in trouble. We need it to become the AAC or implode before UCF, UC, and UH ever play a single conference game. And there's precedent for that happening (see: Big East).

Comment

I said at least 1 online course. Sharpen your reading comprehension.

K-State is a real (land grant +AAU) university.

UCF is JUCO-esque w/ a pop-up football park.

End of discussion.

“Blended Learning” is not an “on-line course”. If you had gone to a better school, like UCF, you would know that.

Good try deflecting. Also, compare ACT/SAT scores and acceptance rates.

You are on the wrong side of arguments way too much for being as smart as you say you are.

Comment

KU's football problems can be solved with money. They got very lucky with Mangino.

KU has a very wealthy alumni base. We'll see if they step up. And if they do, they will find a decent conference.

The reason I want KU to find a decent conference is because it helps our cause. If the New Big 12 finds stability, we are in trouble. We need it to become the AAC or implode before UCF, UC, and UH ever play a single conference game. And there's precedent for that happening (see: Big East).
                                KU's football problems CANNOT be solved with money. KU's football problems start with Bill Self or any other basketball coach. When the basketball coach is a key member of the selection committee when an AD is hired, you will never find any FB coach with the slightest amount of self-esteem interested in working in that department.

FB coaches are used to being the BIG DOG in the athletic department. That will never happen at KU.

Throwing money at a FB program isn't going to make talented recruits want to play for the worst FBS team in the nation. Throwing money at the recruits isn't going to help either. There will be other schools throwing money at them too.

At KU the basketball coach gets a lifetime contract that seems to have provisions that he can't be fired even if he racks up any number of NCAA voiolations. FB coaches last a couple of years and then get to start entirely new careers.

Comment

Working...
                                X