Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    CSU is a great school! Top animal oncology center in the world. They are going places...
    That's all well and good but how's their sheep judging???

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

That's all well and good but how's their sheep judging???
      K-State is the world leader in that discipline.

Comment

It got them into the Big XII ..

Comment

That’s hard to believe when the students are only looking at the sheep from behind.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

That’s hard to believe when the students are only looking at the sheep from behind.
            That's what I was implying. "Sheep judging."

Comment

• We are a lot closer. Perhaps we had a previous engagement.

KU TO TRAVEL TO TULSA FOR SCRIMMAGE Self has decided the Jayhawks will play one exhibition game (Emporia State on Nov. 3) and instead of holding a second exhibition will scrimmage against a fellow Division I team in preparation for the Champions Classic.

The scrimmage will be against the Tulsa Golden Hurricanes in late October (likely Saturday, Oct. 30) in Tulsa, Self told The Star.

Comment

That's what I was implying. "Sheep judging."

KSU Homecoming Queen

High Heel Sheep.jpg

Comment

• Couple athletic articles today. According to Aresco they will have teams in the coming weeks, not months. Nothing new as has far as teams. Same thought that a western wing of CSU, AFA, BSU and SDSU is the primary target. Does mention that CSU and AFA are the most likely.

I could see a scenario where we grab those two now plus UAB and a 4th then take another run at the MWC after the next either realignment or lack of realignment

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Couple athletic articles today. According to Aresco they will have teams in the coming weeks, not months. Nothing new as has far as teams. Same thought that a western wing of CSU, AFA, BSU and SDSU is the primary target. Does mention that CSU and AFA are the most likely.

I could see a scenario where we grab those two now plus UAB and a 4th then take another run at the MWC after the next either realignment or lack of realignment
                    Really hope that Army is on the short list. Would be great for the conference having all armed force teams. Lots of eyeballs.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Really hope that Army is on the short list. Would be great for the conference having all armed force teams. Lots of eyeballs.
                      I'm thinking Army is where they are going right now. Grab Army and UAB. Then keep prodding SDSU/Boise. We can grab them at anytime and go to 14.

I'd also assume Army would mean an Olympic only add, which could be good for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Couple athletic articles today. According to Aresco they will have teams in the coming weeks, not months. Nothing new as has far as teams. Same thought that a western wing of CSU, AFA, BSU and SDSU is the primary target. Does mention that CSU and AFA are the most likely.

From what we've heard, I think it is most likely to be CSU, AFA, UAB and someone else. And I agree that they'll then hold out and see what the B12 does in a couple of years. Then we make a play for Boise and SDSU (if still available) and a couple of other MWC teams to move to 14/16. I do think if we are eventually able to get SDSU, there has to be other out there to make sense for everyone. I also think if SDSU is on board at that time, getting others to follow won't be that difficult as the MWC without Boise and SDSU loses a lot of luster.

I have no doubt Army is the top option for #4 currently, but I'm not sure they make the plunge. If they do, I'm sure they'd be football only and then we'd hopefully be looking at adding a non-football option like VCU or Dayton. But I'm doubtful that Army works out and think #4 might end up being a Texas school. North Texas, Rice and UTSA seem to be the ones we hear about. All have positives and drawbacks. Rice is an academic powerhouse but brings nothing to football and basketball. UTSA is a nice new market with some OK football and has potential, but brings nothing to basketball. UNIT has the best program offerings for us, but shares a market with SMU. They may still look more east at a Marshall/ASU type, which isn't really exciting. Buffalo still intrigues me but nobody seems to be talking about them.

Four will be interesting but I feel pretty good about the first three.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Army is still in play. Could go either way. Getting a basketball only to pair with them is not a given. Don't hold your breath.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            Army is still in play. Could go either way. Getting a basketball only to pair with them is not a given. Don't hold your breath.
                            My understanding is the Army would be a football only paired with a sans football athletic program ala Navy/WSU. Don't see them getting a basketball only to pair with a football only. But it is true their is no guarantee they can find an acceptable pairing for Army. VCU and Dayton perhaps the best options. Dayton does have a non-scholarship Pioneer League football program which I would not think would be an obstacle although from my perspective VCU would be the best possible paring with Army.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              Army is still in play. Could go either way. Getting a basketball only to pair with them is not a given. Don't hold your breath.
                              Even if we wouldn't get a basketball only right now, it could leave the door open. I know some of those A10 schools have lower travel costs right now, but they also only make around 500k if I recall from media. I could see a wait and see approach on how things shake out in a couple of years and then maybe pulling one in once things "stabilize" a bit. Even if the per team payout stayed the same with additions, you'd be talking about possibly quadrupling their media payout. But we'll also see how things shake out in the conference rankings over that time. I don't know what kind of cut they get for tourney credits.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

My understanding is the Army would be a football only paired with a sans football athletic program ala Navy/WSU. Don't see them getting a basketball only to pair with a football only. But it is true their is no guarantee they can find an acceptable pairing for Army. VCU and Dayton perhaps the best options. Dayton does have a non-scholarship Pioneer League football program which I would not think would be an obstacle although from my perspective VCU would be the best possible paring with Army.
                                When people talk about basketball only, they mean non-football.

I also know I'm probably in the minority, but I'd prefer Dayton over VCU.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X