Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There might have been some foresight in moving the AAC headquarters to the far west side of the conference footprint

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
      I've just been looking at facilities of potential AAC replacements from Conference USA and Sun Belt and WSU facilities seem a step behind. Granted it's easy for me to run my mouth as it cost me nothing but really feels like WSU is falling behind.

UAB did a partnership with the city of Birmingham to build their new football stadium and it looks amazing. I wonder if WSU and Wichita couldn't do some sort of partnership. I think Birmingham host a bowl game and that may be why it worked. Not sure why Wichita would want a partnership in a 25-30K seat stadium. Maybe concerts, soccer matches, high school state championship games, not sure what else maybe steal the FCS championship from Frisco. Something like Tulane's new stadium would be amazing. Anyways all pipedreams but I do fear WSU is going to continue to fall behind.

Can't wait for eventual league of UNO, UMKC, Denver, ORU, UTA, UALR, WSU, Corpus...going to be really something.
      ???
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

???
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Can't wait for eventual league of UNO, UMKC, Denver, ORU, UTA, UALR, WSU, Corpus...going to be really something.
          Speaking of UNO, their facilities don't suck anymore. Not up to Wichita State standards, but better than the Valley standard.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• If we want a FB stadium, STAR bonds. A football stadium would fit the original plan for the use of those things better than most of the projects built with them.

Have to do it quick and build it before the State wises up and shuts those things down.

Comment

• My list of expansion candidates would be in no particular order
              Army
              Air Force
              CSU
              North Texas State
              UAB
              UNC-Charlotte
              VCU
              UT-San Antonio
              Except for CSU and Army large metro areas and enrollment excluding AFA and Army but including CSU over 20,000
              Would give the conference 16 FB members and a nice East West split. Would keep all members east of the Divide.

Comment

• Don't know if we would need to look for another Basketball and Olympic sports only if all three service academies elect to be football only like Navy.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Don't know if we would need to look for another Basketball and Olympic sports only if all three service academies elect to be football only like Navy.
                  I don't think AFA would split their sports. Army would.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I know the school has a bad reputation, but Liberty would be competitive in both football and basketball. They also have a large fanbase and good facilities.

I think UAB is the most likely candidate at this point; beyond UAB it gets very murky.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I don't think AFA would split their sports. Army would.
                      Several years folks at the AFA were talking about joining the MVC for all sports but football.

Comment

• Let's restart football on a trial basis. Play in Cessna stadium. See what happens.

If people start to rally around it, we'll consider a larger investment.

Let's give people a taste.

Comment

• Is Coastal Carolina just a fluke in the top 20? I don't follow FB close enough to know traditions or history of lesser-known schools, but it would seem adding a top-20 team has to be on the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Speaking of UNO, their facilities don't suck anymore. Not up to Wichita State standards, but better than the Valley standard.
                            Yeah, but Traitor Tom (Osborne) and his band of merry Thugs killed UNO football

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              Let's restart football on a trial basis. Play in Cessna stadium. See what happens.

If people start to rally around it, we'll consider a larger investment.

Let's give people a taste.

WSU has to start FCS, at least I think they do per NCAA rules. They plan on tearing Cessna down. You got to build back some sort of stands/press box for track I would imagine. Should be good for FCS as long as it holds 10-12K. If football takes hold then you eventually build a stadium somewhere. If not then you walk away from it and pretend it was someone else's idea to burn all that money.

Comment

WSU has to start FCS, at least I think they do per NCAA rules. They plan on tearing Cessna down. You got to build back some sort of stands/press box for track I would imagine. Should be good for FCS as long as it holds 10-12K. If football takes hold then you eventually build a stadium somewhere. If not then you walk away from it and pretend it was someone else's idea to burn all that money.
                                For heaven's sakes you don't tear Cessna down. You give it a fresh coat of paint.

We're not starting with FCS football. We raise $250,000 from local groups so we can buy pads, training equipment, and Gatorade. Then we hold open tryouts until we have a black and gold team. Then we start public scrimmages. We can scrimmage high schools, Jucos, or just our own two teams. After the media gets the news out, we sit back and wait. If interest starts to percolate, we explore starting at the lowest collegiate level on planet earth. Isn't that Drake football? Partial scholarship, no scholarship, whatever. We see what the numbers are and what kind of backing will step up. If it looks like we can support it without touching basketball, we go. The rest is history.

Comment

Working...
                                X