Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I’m sure Gary is texting the Big 12 right now:

”plz take Memphis, we got 0.01 and F$d$x”
    That's very possible. OTOH, it doesn't mean he is not pretty much on target with the assessment of the situation expressed in his article.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That's very possible. OTOH, it doesn't mean he is not pretty much on target with the assessment of the situation expressed in his article.
      It actually kinda does mean he's not on target. He's pissed that Memphis wasn't good enough to make the cut and taking it out on Aresco and the AAC. It's like UCONN screaming the AAC was holding them back.

Memphis is likely next man up anyways though.

Comment

• Gut punch. Still oodles better than the valley. I know there’s some doh doh head that thinks we shouldn’t have left.

Comment

• Well, it was a nice 4 year run.

Guess we can dream of the BE invite to (likely) never come.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Well, it was a nice 4 year run.

Guess we can dream of the BE invite to (likely) never come.
            We will get 5-6 years out of it. They are here at least this year and probably next basketball season.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

This story doesn't hold water. Why would the B12, if they were to expand, look beyond MORE AAC teams and pick from a "lesser" conference? If you were in a conference below AAC, would you really turn down an invitation to move up in HOPES that you were next for the B12? I'm not buying it. But, I've been proven wrong before with realignment predictions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                ESPN didn't pony up enough. Can't say no to double or tripling your income.

On the flip side .. this is exactly why MWC teams will consider the AAC.
                They're not getting triple. I will be curious to see what the TV deal looks like once OU and Texas are no longer a part of it.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• **** you OU and Texas, **** you very much!

Those two schools wrecked the fortunes of countless others in the B12 and the AAC.

Nobody asks how the remaining B12 schools feel. I'm sure they feel just as shitty as we do.

The only schools truly happy today are UH, UCF, and Cincy. And they really shouldn't be as their new conference probably only has a few more years to live.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    **** you OU and Texas, **** you very much!

Those two schools wrecked the fortunes of countless others in the B12 and the AAC.

Nobody asks how the remaining B12 schools feel. I'm sure they feel just as shitty as we do.

The only schools truly happy today are UH, UCF, and Cincy. And they really shouldn't be as their new conference probably only has a few more years to live.
                    You are in loser denial. Had WSU been invited to the Big 12, you would not say the big 12 only has a few years left. The reality is, once Memphis & WSU leave the AAC won’t exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post

You are in loser denial. Had WSU been invited to the Big 12, you would not say the big 12 only has a few years left. The reality is, once Memphis & WSU leave the AAC won’t exist.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Putting aside the money increase by jumping conferences, if this was truly about football how well do you think these schools will fare in the B12? UH may be good at basketball, but will be a mid-pack B12 team and probably LOWER than half in football. Same with UCF and Cin. I guess it's all about the money.

Comment

• Some good numbers in here for anyone that thinks this proves it was a mistake to move. Especially the budget one.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Putting aside the money increase by jumping conferences, if this was truly about football how well do you think these schools will fare in the B12? UH may be good at basketball, but will be a mid-pack B12 team and probably LOWER than half in football. Same with UCF and Cin. I guess it's all about the money.
                            Cincinnati this year would clearly be top tier in football with a chance to be L12 Conference Champion.
                            Houston MBB will be top tier in the new L12 with this year's team having an excellent chance to win the conference outright.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

They're not getting triple. I will be curious to see what the TV deal looks like once OU and Texas are no longer a part of it.
                              Cincinnati, Houston and UCF could mimic Rutgers' upside down financial performance in joining the B1G . I think Rutgers athletics is nearing $500 million in debt 5 years post joining the B1G

Comment

• How is Coastal Carolina in basketball? They appear to be pretty good at FB, having just destroyed a B12-2-2+4 team

CCU - 49
                                KU - 22

Comment

Working...
                                X