Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Boatright…2 power house basketball programs leave your conference. “We need to make sure the aac is a strong football conference “ when your own school has no football program.

yes, I’m returning tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
      He said WSU is committed to the AAC; AAC needs 10 football playing members. The commissioner will be aggressive. Look for the AAC to add membership IF the three teams leave the AAC for the B12.
      Pretty sure saying anything other than "we are committed to the AAC" publicly would violate a clause somewhere in the conference agreement. If he's putting out feelers, he can't just blare out to everyone about it.

But this is Boatright, so doing nothing is probably exactly what's going on.

​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

​​​​​​That's not actually true. It's still illegal to provide payment via a third party under the condition that a player goes to a particular school. I doubt they go after any new cases but everything they did that I can remember is still illegal. (though there was A LOT they were accused of so I might be forgetting something)
        Come on, you know that NIL opened up pandora box and there is nothing the NCAA can or will do about it. Unfortunately there is no salary cap and WSU program will suffer for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Come on, you know that NIL opened up pandora box and there is nothing the NCAA can or will do about it. Unfortunately there is no salary cap and WSU program will suffer for it.
          Correct. But in KUs case.. they already made the allegations, and nothing they did is legal now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
            Oh Boatright…2 power house basketball programs leave your conference. “We need to make sure the aac is a strong football conference “ when your own school has no football program.

yes, I’m returning tonight
            Good. Go weigh in on the covid thread
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Good. Go weigh in on the covid thread
              Dofo vs Cold

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• First and foremost I really don't want to hear anyone entertain thoughts of rejoining the valley. I grew up with those teams but in the last years of membership we saw those schools struggle to even fund the basketball programs at a break even level. They continued to fund FCS football at the expense of basketball and other sports. Until they drop their money draining football there should be NO talk about leaving the AAC for the valley.

Comment

• I still don't understand the the love that is given to the l8 conference by AAC schools and others. Without texass and ou nobody knows how that will affect the tv contracts. Most say 50% but what if it is at 40% or a little lower? UCF at least brings a very large school into play as well as opening up the state of Florida. But what caliber of players are going to be interested in schools in the midwest with games relegated to less than prime time schedules. I just don't see a lot of value to adding schools if only to slow down the eventual demise of the conference itself. Being in that conference would be like you were always looking over your shoulder or waiting for the other shoe to drop. You know every other team would be looking for an invite to one of the other three conferences. You don't want to be the last one at the party to get asked to dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I still don't understand the the love that is given to the l8 conference by AAC schools and others. Without texass and ou nobody knows how that will affect the tv contracts. Most say 50% but what if it is at 40% or a little lower? UCF at least brings a very large school into play as well as opening up the state of Florida. But what caliber of players are going to be interested in schools in the midwest with games relegated to less than prime time schedules. I just don't see a lot of value to adding schools if only to slow down the eventual demise of the conference itself. Being in that conference would be like you were always looking over your shoulder or waiting for the other shoe to drop. You know every other team would be looking for an invite to one of the other three conferences. You don't want to be the last one at the party to get asked to dance.
                    Texas and OU both leaving the Big 12 seems like they are ready to see the Big 12 collapse more than anyone else. The AAC schools just seem like they are following the money without even really thinking about it. It’s all very strange. I never did like WSU joining the AAC to begin with. It was nothing but remains of the old Big East and few other random schools they signed on after the first realignment. WSU should of tried getting into the new Big East from the get go because of it’s stability

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

Texas and OU both leaving the Big 12 seems like they are ready to see the Big 12 collapse more than anyone else. The AAC schools just seem like they are following the money without even really thinking about it. It’s all very strange. I never did like WSU joining the AAC to begin with. It was nothing but remains of the old Big East and few other random schools they signed on after the first realignment. WSU should of tried getting into the new Big East from the get go because of it’s stability
                      The AAC has always been the conference for misfit toys. Schools that take athletics seriously, but can’t land in a major conference.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Dofo vs Cold

Which one is which?

Comment

• The NCAA is dead and the College Sports Mafia is alive and well. As with anything the Mafia is involved with, betrayals are everywhere. Football is now the exclusive domain of the SE quadrant of the US. The PAC 10 and to some extent the big 10…minor leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Correct. But in KUs case.. they already made the allegations, and nothing they did is legal now.
                            I'm probably too cynical. But what is the NCAA really waiting on if they were going to punish KU? This is common tactic for prosecutors who screwed up and don't want to go forward and look like clowns. They delay and delay until everybody has forgotten and continue to wait till the landscape changes enough that they sweep it under the rug.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The AAC has always been the conference for misfit toys. Schools that take athletics seriously, but can’t land in a major conference.
                              Looks like a couple of the toys became a collector's item.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Here is an article from 3 months ago that might be worth your time:

AAC Football: Who should the league look at for potential expansion?

https://saturdayblitz.com/2021/06/03...ndidates-2021/

Comment

Working...
                                X