Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Maybe I am not looking at all the metrics and optics right, but sure looks like he shot over 50% each of the last three years with a pretty paltry 3 point % as well.

Capture.JPG
    Sorry I did mean to slight Pleasant on shooting free throws.. I was just talking in generalities and remembering how the anno.uncers during that hat Texas game were floored that he shot a good percentage from the 3 point line but shot a dismal percentage from the free throw line.I agree he did shoot 59 % his last year at Abilene Christian. That is not good. . I think he needs to shoot better than 59% from the free throw line.. But maybe you think 59% is ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Joe Pleasant not on the list very much surprises me.
      That is a surprise.

Though one thing to keep in mind is it feels like WSU is returning way more of their key team members than any other school in the AAC (and from a tournament team with a regular season title). That lessens the impact of any incoming transfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That is a surprise.

Though one thing to keep in mind is it feels like WSU is returning way more of their key team members than any other school in the AAC (and from a tournament team with a regular season title). That lessens the impact of any incoming transfers.
        Except it's very possible that Pleasant is starting at PF when the season rolls around.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Methinks the writer is being slightly 'cheeky' at the expense of b8. You know, kinda-sorta playing up the "we'll show 'em..." posture.

Who knows, maybe the b8 will take the advice and add UAB to their -ahem- Brand. I'd like to see it.

Comment

• The thought that the L8 could "stick it to the SEC" by playing FB across from SEC HQ is some subtle, but excellent sarcasm. The laughter out of SEC HQ would probably drown out the cheering from the arena across the street.

Comment

• AAC Commissioner on The Drive today.
              Shocker specific question at 14:45

Im not sure what I expected, but I felt Aresco has a “wait and see” attitude in waiting for requests from schools to join rather than driving any merger. Perhaps there is more going on than he is able to share. But his demeanor of “we’ll be fine regardless of what happens” falls a little short of inspirational.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                AAC Commissioner on The Drive today.

Im not sure what I expected, but I felt Aresco has a “wait and see” attitude in waiting for requests from schools to join rather than driving any merger. Perhaps there is more going on than he is able to share. But his demeanor of “we’ll be fine regardless of what happens” falls a little short of inspirational.

The AAC commissioner has absolutely no power in the equation. He knows that every single school in our conference would jump the second an invitation is offered. Our best outcome is the L8 staying intact until 2025 keeping all the money for themselves. That's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  AAC Commissioner on The Drive today.

He would be pretty stupid to be vocal about anything after the initial turmoil with B12 and ESPN

Comment

• I had more confidence in the AAC before I listened to his interview. I was hoping for at least something along the lines of we continuously look at options to not only maintain brand strength but to enhance it as well.

I heard he was aggressive. I did not get that impression at all.

Comment

• Perhaps this is a good time to speak softly and carry a big stick. Aresco's big stick is ESPN.

Another analogy: Sometimes it is better to say nothing and be thought a fool (Aresco) than to say something and leave no doubt (Bowlsby).

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                        Perhaps this is a good time to speak softly and carry a big stick. Aresco's big stick is ESPN.

Another analogy: Sometimes it is better to say nothing and be thought a fool (Aresco) than to say something and leave no doubt (Bowlsby).
                        Speaking softly is Aresco's only play. That's how one speaks when they have no power.

If he's carrying a big stick, it will be what the good Lord endowed him with.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Sorry I did mean to slight Pleasant on shooting free throws.. I was just talking in generalities and remembering how the anno.uncers during that hat Texas game were floored that he shot a good percentage from the 3 point line but shot a dismal percentage from the free throw line.I agree he did shoot 59 % his last year at Abilene Christian. That is not good. . I think he needs to shoot better than 59% from the free throw line.. But maybe you think 59% is ok.
                          Lol! Nice response after being called out for your false narrative post.

I do think 65% is ok for a big over the last three years, which is a larger sample size than one year and a much better indicator of true performance. Sorry if that is hard for you to grasp. Especially one who shoots it so well from 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Speaking softly is Aresco's only play. That's how one speaks when they have no power.

If he's carrying a big stick, it will be what the good Lord endowed him with.
                            Is there something in your life that is positive? You are a decidedly gloomy guy with your chicken little attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Is there something in your life that is positive? You are a decidedly gloomy guy with your chicken little attitude.
                              Facts can be disappointing. My statements are logically sound and supported by the vast majority of people familiar with the subject. I cannot support the fantasy that the AAC holds leverage over the L8 just to make folks feel better. The probability of the AAC swooping in and snapping up former B12 members is tiny compared to the alternative.

I believe at this point that the L8 will remain intact until their GOR expires. That's not so gloomy is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Facts can be disappointing. My statements are logically sound and supported by the vast majority of people familiar with the subject. I cannot support the fantasy that the AAC holds leverage over the L8 just to make folks feel better. The probability of the AAC swooping in and snapping up former B12 members is tiny compared to the alternative.

I believe at this point that the L8 will remain intact until their GOR expires. That's not so gloomy is it?
                                I think their arrogance may keep them at 8 even after the GoR expires. They're "too good a conference" to associate themselves with the lowlifes in those lesser conferences. Why would they allow a lesser school to elevate their status by association with their elite conference?

Comment

Working...
                                X