Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    I would temper your excitement and expect the worst.
    That seems to be your motto covering an array of topics.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I can’t think of anytime where a team was kicked out of a conference. What actually happens is the best teams leave and the remaining members are left with a bunch of other scrubs. Worst case for us would be UH, Cincy and Memphis leaving for the Big 12 and we bring in Horizon or Valley teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        What actually happens is the best teams leave and the remaining members are left with a bunch of other scrubs.
        When has this happened? Why would Horizon and Valley teams be the strongest possibility?

Comment

I can’t think of anytime where a team was kicked out of a conference. What actually happens is the best teams leave and the remaining members are left with a bunch of other scrubs. Worst case for us would be UH, Cincy and Memphis leaving for the Big 12 and we bring in Horizon or Valley teams.
          Not that it makes much difference, but we'd be bringing in CUSA or SunBelt teams since they play football. You'd probably be looking at something like Western Kentucky and Southern Miss. Maybe a UTSA or North Texas. But your point is still valid.

Though I believe Temple was once kicked out of a conference for failing to meet some standard of something or another a few decades ago. Seems like I saw that brought up on a CSN board a number of years ago.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Not that it makes much difference, but we'd be bringing in CUSA or SunBelt teams since they play football. You'd probably be looking at something like Western Kentucky and Southern Miss. Maybe a UTSA or North Texas. But your point is still valid.

Though I believe Temple was once kicked out of a conference for failing to meet some standard of something or another a few decades ago. Seems like I saw that brought up on a CSN board a number of years ago.
            Yes, Temple has been kicked out of conference for not maintaining competeitive standards. Others have been left out of alignments when conferences changed names and such. Not sure there is a precedent for kicking someone out of conference that keeps a name .. but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Lots of unprecedented things happen when it comes to money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

When has this happened? Why would Horizon and Valley teams be the strongest possibility?
              I said worst case scenario we bring in Horizon league type teams

Comment

I said worst case scenario we bring in Horizon league type teams
                That would indeed be worst case. Would ESPN want their investment to plummet like that is the question.

Comment

• I heard about ESPN. Trying to take every single one of the Big 12 universities out from underneath you? What a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sacks of monkey shit are they? Seriously, I

Comment

• Ouch.

Comment

• Now with the B12-to-the-AAC hysteria dying down, the high probability scenarios will become apparent to all.

WSU fans should be very, very nervous.

Comment

Now with the B12-to-the-AAC hysteria dying down, the high probability scenarios will become apparent to all.

The highest probability scenario is still the BIG XII breaking up .. nothing has changed just because it didn't happen in a day. It's going to take some time for the BIG XII teams to really realize they are never going to get anywhere close to what they get right now and where they are going to get the most is wherever ESPN wants them. That's not the BIG XII

Comment

Now with the B12-to-the-AAC hysteria dying down, the high probability scenarios will become apparent to all.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The highest probability scenario is still the BIG XII breaking up .. nothing has changed just because it didn't happen in a day. It's going to take some time for the BIG XII teams to really realize they are never going to get anywhere close to what they get right now and where they are going to get the most is wherever ESPN wants them. That's not the BIG XII
                            The B12 breaking up or the B12 standing pat is likely even money. The B12 poaching from the AAC is slightly less likely (not because they couldn't). And the AAC poaching from the B12 is the least likely. But as I said a couple evenings ago, it was fun to dream... if only for one night.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Comment

The B12 breaking up or the B12 standing pat is likely even money. The B12 poaching from the AAC is slightly less likely (not because they couldn't). And the AAC poaching from the B12 is the least likely. But as I said a couple evenings ago, it was fun to dream... if only for one night.
                                Replace AAC with ESPN and you will understand why it's the most likely. ESPN wants them out of the Big XII .. AAC just will happen to be the beneficiary. ESPN holds ALL the cards here. They control the BIG XII's financial future no matter what way the BIG XII decides. That's the key point.

Comment

Working...
                                X