Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’m sure he drafted that on his own without any review from the legal department.
    As did Bob, I’m sure.

Just seen many references to the Disney lawyer collective and assumption that Burke was part of that group.

Makes it more amusing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Disney has better lawyers (and resources) than the B12.
      But is it even illegal to inquire to schools about joining the confetence? I mean there may be contracts with the Universities and the conference not to talk, but ESPN, I'm sure, hasn't made any vows not to. And what law would they be breaking? A 'Cease and Desists' doesn't mean squat. It is a gesture of weakness IMO. If they were breaking a law, or doing something tortous (is that a thing?), there would be an injunction, IIRC from my BLaw class with Conlee.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• SEC officially confirms invitations to OU/UT. 14-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          Again, I’m sorry, but what precedence is there for just kicking an established member out of a conference? Sure, anything could happen but we don’t worry about might happen if aliens reveal themselves and want to join the AAC.
          Careful, Cold might go all "alien" on us again...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            SEC officially confirms invitations to OU/UT. 14-0.
            Big XII is on the (death) clock

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

But is it even illegal to inquire to schools about joining the confetence? I mean there may be contracts with the Universities and the conference not to talk, but ESPN, I'm sure, hasn't made any vows not to. And what law would they be breaking? A 'Cease and Desists' doesn't mean squat. It is a gesture of weakness IMO. If they were breaking a law, or doing something tortous (is that a thing?), there would be an injunction, IIRC from my BLaw class with Conlee.
              If they had anything legit, they would have filed an injunction instead of just saying please stop very publicly

Comment

• This alone justifies the creation of the Internet. Brilliant!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Careful, Cold might go all "alien" on us again...

Looks like a glass eater to me.

Comment

• WSU is Navy's "partner". Dropping Navy would be a PR disaster. WSU is strongly linked to a service academy.

ESPN is driving the bus, and the bus is on its way to the AAC. The B12-2-2 members can get on the bus or get left in the dust. ESPN can structure the revenue streams to the point where there is no option other than doing what ESPN wants, and ESPN wants anywhere from 3 to 8 B12-2-2 members in the AAC.

Comment

• A conference of schools that poach players with backdoor incentives, gets upset that someone could poach their schools with backdoor incentives.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• At this point an AAC merger of all remaining schools seems most likely. If they can pull that off, BCS status could be within reach.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• At the moment, it appears the best chance for a remaining B12 school to latch on somewhere would be for WVU to the ACC. That gets them to 16 schools.

If I was ranking order of what schools I would want to add, if I’m the AAC, would be (sans WVU):

1 - OSU
                          2 - Baylor
                          3 - ISU
                          4 - KU
                          5 - KSU
                          6 - TCU
                          7 - TTU

Let’s be honest, KU’s basketball history and having the KC metro area are huge. However, if football is the biggest factor, that is almost a death-blow for them.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Also, it wouldn’t be out of the question to only add 3-5 B12 and try to expend out West with BYU, BSU, SDSU, etc.

All speculative, obviously, but still fun nonteheless,
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Sorry you don’t actually know anything.
                              Never said I did?

I know what the PACs TV deal/payout is and what their football ratings look like compared with the Big 12s.

And I know I would have read a lot of reports saying “PAC 12 won’t be making many moves” or something there abouts if that had actually been decided. Not just some off the cuff remark from a former football player. Someone post those? Look, they could very well stand pat. But that tweet means nothing.

Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                At the moment, it appears the best chance for a remaining B12 school to latch on somewhere would be for WVU to the ACC. That gets them to 16 schools.

If I was ranking order of what schools I would want to add, if I’m the AAC, would be (sans WVU):

1 - OSU
                                2 - Baylor
                                3 - ISU
                                4 - KU
                                5 - KSU
                                6 - TCU
                                7 - TTU

Let’s be honest, KU’s basketball history and having the KC metro area are huge. However, if football is the biggest factor, that is almost a death-blow for them.
                                To which KU basketball history are you referring? Their cheating, criminal activity or Phog Allen and his legacy?

I would move TTU up as they have good programs in football, basketball and baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X