No announcement yet.

2021-22 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like this schedule. Lots of Q1 games. I wish we could have. some of those Q1 game.s in Wichita but OSU and Miissouri played in Wichia last year. If thr Shockers can beat Arizona that's 5 games against power 5 teams. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      When we go undefeated, then folks can say it's easy
      I see no reason we should lose any of the home games. Or that any of them should even be in doubt at all.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Perplexed as to how/why there isnt at least one decent game at Koch. Dont know if we didn't try, if things just didnt work out, or what. Going to have to have a hell of late Nov-early December stretch unless the conference season is a slam dunk.

Comment

That is a really poor home non-con in my opinion. Better not lose a single home game. I guess it can help our metrics. That is about the only benefit I see.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
            That is a really poor home non-con in my opinion. Better not lose a single home game. I guess it can help our metrics. That is about the only benefit I see.
            The only benefit I see is that it will give you a chance to get a lot of minutes for the second line players which might help in building depth. You need 2, maybe 3 of these games at most though. Looks like the Shocks have at least 5 and possibly 7.

If this is the best we can do on buy games perhaps it's time to see what kind of home and home arrangements can be made even if that means giving up 2 or 3 of these home games. Surely there are some Top 150 programs out there that would be willing to do that. Maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The only benefit I see is that it will give you a chance to get a lot of minutes for the second line players which might help in building depth. You need 2, maybe 3 of these games at most though. Looks like the Shocks have at least 5 and possibly 7.

If this is the best we can do on buy games perhaps it's time to see what kind of home and home arrangements can be made even if that means giving up 2 or 3 of these home games. Surely there are some Top 150 programs out there that would be willing to do that. Maybe not.
              LMAO. Top 150 so-called programs have been dodging playing WSU in Wichita for an eternity. They see no benefit to getting beat in Wichita.. I remember Mark Turgeon crying like a baby because nobody would schedule the Shocks in Wichita. Not even his beloved it chickenhawks.The minute the wildkitten series came to an end they Too refused to play the Shocks.

Former Coach Marshall told the. Power 5 schools he was not coming to their schools for a check. I loved his attitude. Mark Turgeon gave in and played Syracuse in New York. We won but have not seen Syracuse in Wichita. Dont hold your breath.. As former Coach Marshall said IT TAKES TWO TO TANGLE. But apparently not enough for pu$$y Greg McDermott at Creighton to schedule the Shocks.

We may have a new Coach in IB but nothing has changed in the attitudes by so-called top 150 teams coming to Wichita to play the Shocks. The only reason the wildkittens schedule WSU is because they said our program was down after 6 players transferred in Marshall last year. After Coach IB first year, I doubt that teams are lining up to come to Wichita to play the Shocks. I tell 5he truth and some people think it's hell. Go Shocks.

PS I noticed that Turgeon did not schedule WSU at Texas A&M or Maryland. He is no different than the people he complained about. Typical chickenhawk hypocrite.
              Last edited by TheShocktocles; August 16, 2021, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

LMAO. Top 150 so-called programs have been dodging playing WSU in Wichita for an eternity. They see no benefit to getting beat in Wichita.. I remember Mark Turgeon crying like a baby because nobody would schedule the Shocks in Wichita. Not even his beloved it chickenhawks.The minute the wildkitten series came to an end they Too refused to play the Shocks.
                Maybe but if you look at the 2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 144 Countdown that WuShock Reaper tracks there are some candidates.

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com...p-144-previews

At this point they have reported on the teams they rank $86 through #144. Of those 59 teams, 46 are not from Power 5 conferences and are not AAC teams. I imagine those candidates will thin out as you move closer to the top of this list.

Interestingly, 3 of the teams on the Shocks home schedule are on that list. Prairie View is #135, South Alabama is at #139 and Norfolk State is at #140. So perhaps the schedule is not quite as weak as it might appear on the face of it.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 17, 2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I admit scheduling is tough if you are WSU. Let's also not forget that power 5 schools have more cash to pay buy in games because of Football revenue etc. Go Shocks keep grinding.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Yuck
                    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Why? You’re in the middle of ****ing nowhere it ain’t like you’re going to be at the game.
                    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

With 13 non con games... A few need to be against low major competition
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                      I admit scheduling is tough if you are WSU. Let's also not forget that power 5 schools have more cash to pay buy in games because of Football revenue etc. Go Shocks keep grinding.
                      Have to agree with that.

Comment

• Anybody read Eldridge's article about the schedule? He basically said that as long as there's a flaw in NET (margin of victory is overvalued), you schedule to take advantage of that.

WSU's schedule is starting to look like the schedules of many of the P5 conferences. Play a few games against high-level opponents and then schedule cupcakes at home. I have a feeling those P5 schools had a lot of input into how NET is calculated. It sure does reward their preferred scheduling.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                          Anybody read Eldridge's article about the schedule? He basically said that as long as there's a flaw in NET (margin of victory is overvalued), you schedule to take advantage of that.

WSU's schedule is starting to look like the schedules of many of the P5 conferences. Play a few games against high-level opponents and then schedule cupcakes at home. I have a feeling those P5 schools had a lot of input into how NET is calculated. It sure does reward their preferred scheduling.
                          Totally agree.. Yeah Taylor Eldridge nailed it. The Net was set up to give advantages to power 5 programs. I am glad WSU is scheduling in away to do exactly what the power 5 teams are doing. But Taylor must be careful. When he tells the truth like this, someone may call him a WSU cheerleader. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Wasn't that how RPI worked back in the day, or am I thinking of something else? I remember when we were in the Valley, BCS/P5 apologists would complain that some metric had us ranked too high because we boatraced conference opponents by 20+ every week.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              Wasn't that how RPI worked back in the day, or am I thinking of something else? I remember when we were in the Valley, BCS/P5 apologists would complain that some metric had us ranked too high because we boatraced conference opponents by 20+ every week.
                              No, margin of victory has never been a component of the RPI. It started out being solely a W/L metric based on who you played and who your opponents played. Then they later tweaked it to give road games more weight and home games less.

IIRC, where coaches like Gary Williams thought mid-majors were gaming the system was playing decent non-con opponents and mid-to-lower-tier majors on the road and at neutral sites, then winning those games (I know, Gary! So unfair! Don't they know their place?!?!?) and benefitting from the schedule boost those teams got from playing in a power conference.

There was also the mandate/incentive (don't remember in what form) from Doug Elgin once upon a time that non-conf schedule RPI should be 150 or better. That resulted in the schedules that offended Mr. Gary.
                              Last edited by RoyalShock; August 18, 2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• The nice thing about this roster correlated to the net/margin of victory, is that most of our second and third stringers can shoot from deep. With the game out of hand HCIB won’t be torn to put in those Gus after the defense has slowed down, cause those guys can knock em down.

Comment

Working...
                                X