Waaaay too early 2021-2022 AAC predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We’ve gone down that past before and it didn’t work out for them. UCF was supposed to be a top team this year after they had a couple of impressive early wins. It didn’t end well for them. Maybe next year is better, but they have to earn respect on the court.
    They were the anti-WSU this year. They lost like 7-8 one possession games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

UCF is going to have a legit roster. I could see them finishing top 4 ahead of whichever of Jank and Penny underperforms more next year.
      I haven't done much research, but to me, Dawkins seems like one of the good guys. With his background you'd think he could pull some legitimate recruits. I keep thinking and hoping that he can get UCF moving in the right direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We’ve gone down that past before and it didn’t work out for them. UCF was supposed to be a top team this year after they had a couple of impressive early wins. It didn’t end well for them. Maybe next year is better, but they have to earn respect on the court.
        They've made a deeper NCAAT run than us since we joined the AAC. Just sayin'...

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

They've made a deeper NCAAT run than us since we joined the AAC. Just sayin'...
          Each year, they were supposed to be good. They had one year with one superior player (Dawkins son), and really no one else. Otherwise they’ve been disappointing imo. Maybe next year, they change things.

Edited: They also had the 7'4" Center that year. I forgot his name. He helped them in significant minutes but he needed rests, etc. but otherwise they were ho hum.
          Last edited by Shockm; May 13, 2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Wow dude. I was agreeing with you in the first post and joking around in the second. Get a grip.
            If that's really the case then your delivery needs a little work. And, as I recall, the last time you addressed me you called me an internet tough-guy, thug, or something of the sort, so I'm sure you can understand if I've ascribed a motive to your post/s (which I have).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

If that's really the case then your delivery needs a little work. And, as I recall, the last time you addressed me you called me an internet tough-guy, thug, or something of the sort, so I'm sure you can understand if I've ascribed a motive to your post/s (which I have).
              You’ll have to provide me a quote on that.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

How about chilling out just a bit?
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I love the phrase 'internet tough guy'.....:)

Comment

• "Internet tough-guy!? How dare you, sir!"
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        I love the phrase 'internet tough guy'.....:)

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

How about chilling out just a bit?
                          You know, I think you're right; it's not wise to overreact, or react in any way at all, to an insincere, and worse yet, unfunny (just look at the post above this one for example) smart*ss. It's like the old proverb about arguing with a fool (or a skunk). And, besides, we all know dust-ups like that never happen on a respectable fan forum like this one.

From now on I will endeavor to be a living candle that lights all the other candles here on our very own Shockernet.

With heartfelt sincerity (and just a touch of levity for you kel):

NAMASTE
                          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 13, 2021, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Like I said (work on your chops buddy)...

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 13, 2021, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Like I said (work on your chops buddy)...

You are wound tighter than a ticks ass.

Comment

You are wound tighter than a ticks ass.
                                Well, at least you've worked on your delivery (a little)...

It takes one to know one buddy.

- NAMASTE
                                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 14, 2021, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X