Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Per Taylor we’re out on Mading.

WSU is also not mentioned in any of the Rebraca articles either so I would guess we are out on him as well. It seems like it was a Pleasant or Rebraca or Groce situation and we obviously ended up with Pleasant. Of course that’s just my impression, I could be wrong.

There wasn’t a single player taller than 6’8 on Houston’s roster this year. They did add 6’11 Josh Carlton from UCONN.

Monzy, Pleasant, and Mo are all 6’7 or taller. Of course we added McFarlane who is 6’10 and I bet we get one more big in that range. So, I think we’ve already gotten bigger compared to Wade and IBPC last year. Never hurts to have more size, though, you’re right about that!
    Agreed. :) Just this damn Memphis squad with all their 9 footers. Lol. I wanna squash 'em. But all good...very excited of who we having coming back and who've we brought in. MacFarlane looks to be a stud!!! Along with the other 2 newbies!!! Go Shocks!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Penny lands both Lawson brothers (one was committed to Oregon). He's got a stockpile of talent. Should be good enough to move them from 5th team out to 1st team out this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Penny lands both Lawson brothers (one was committed to Oregon). He's got a stockpile of talent. Should be good enough to move them from 5th team out to 1st team out this year.
        Could even be heavily favored to repeat as NIT champs. That would be exciting for their program.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Could even be heavily favored to repeat as NIT champs. That would be exciting for their program.
          As long as they don't have to play Tulsa...LOL!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Oh Lawd.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• i sure would like to see the shockers finish in 1st place. but the talent doesn't seem comensurate with a 1st place finish. of course, so..

i'll say 4th place. good enough for an ncaa invite.

Comment

• Tulane making some moves. Good for Coach Hunter and the AAC!

Just landed freshman LSU transfer Jalen Cook who was Mr. Basketball in Louisiana. 3 star #165 coming out of high school.

Also added DeVon Baker from UNC Asheville. Averaged 16ppg as a freshman and sophomore. Was hurt a little bit last year as a Junior.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                    Tulane making some moves. Good for Coach Hunter and the AAC!

Just landed freshman LSU transfer Jalen Cook who was Mr. Basketball in Louisiana. 3 star #165 coming out of high school.

Also added DeVon Baker from UNC Asheville. Averaged 16ppg as a freshman and sophomore. Was hurt a little bit last year as a Junior.
                    Cook is a huge get!! Good for Tulane and the conference.

Comment

• Apparently Tyler Harris is headed back to Memphis. That's now 2 AAC players that transferred out and have transferred back to their original coaches at their original school lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Cook is a huge get!! Good for Tulane and the conference.
                        Great kid. Great family. Would have loved to have him at WSU. But kid has bigger goals than just basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Great kid. Great family. Would have loved to have him at WSU. But kid has bigger goals than just basketball.
                          He's with the right coach, obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

It sure what you are implying, but while Coach Hunters record isn’t .730, it has come while building programs like IUPUI from NAIA and Georgia State in a K-State like football rise.

The more you post, the more I believe you should be known as “ShockingFalsehoodsandBadTakes”

Dude, seriously, crack a book or Wikipedia.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Oh, and he went to Tulane. Might want to read more than a basketball record when comparing quality of schools and opportunities they provide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

It sure what you are implying, but while Coach Hunters record isn’t .730, it has come while building programs like IUPUI from NAIA and Georgia State in a K-State like football rise.

The more you post, the more I believe you should be known as “ShockingFalsehoodsandBadTakes”

Dude, seriously, crack a book or Wikipedia.
                                I already knew all that. That's why I posted it you god***mn presumptuous goofball. And I didn't need to look it up like you did. Check your blind spots. It's alright, we understand.

What's next genius? "If X could do it." Oh, wait...

Comment

Working...
                                X