Waaaay too early 2021-2022 AAC predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Watch the lawsuits fly with that one! You can't force someone to take that stupid placebo shot
    The coaches will be smarter than to tell them they have to get the shot or be punished (lose a scholarship, etc). They will use influence, and team peer pressure to talk about not having disruptions to the team's agenda with the end result being "WINNING". Not everyone will get it, but most will imo.

Comment

Watch the lawsuits fly with that one! You can't force someone to take that stupid placebo shot
      The lawsuits can fly, but they would be unsuccessful. There are already stipulations of playing that revolve around health. If they aren't cleared by the team doctor, they can't play. This would be no different. They don't have to get the "placebo" shot (god that is such a horrible dumb take) but they aren't guaranteed to play either.

Also: I'm also not of the opinion that anyone SHOULD be forced to get it. It's a personal decision to risk your own health, but if they (NCAA and AAC) are going to enact COVID rules that cause pauses, I'd understand separating players that refuse to get the vaccine that has shown to be extremely effective.

Comment

• early in the MLB season, multiple players for the Astros were out on Covid protocol at different times - this year. You would think that professional sports teams would have everyone vaccinated but there's still players who don't want it. Unfortunately, it takes someone close getting really sick before some people change their minds.

Comment

• Several nfl pro bowl players are threatening their teams with not playing if they are required to vax. My guess is we will see a big push through the summer and then it won’t be brought up again. Kind of like the pregame theater last year.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

You got that right (that doesn't imply I'm anti-booster either)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

You got that right (that doesn't imply I'm anti-booster either)
              You don’t have to be anti-vax to be pro liberty.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

You don’t have to be anti-vax to be pro liberty.
                Well duh. Get your shot and we'll both be happy.

How's that for diplomacy?

Comment

Well duh. Get your shot and we'll both be happy.

How's that for diplomacy?
                  Lol. Was your liberty made in China?

Comment

• Back to the original topic. I'm going with:

1. Houston
                    2. WSU
                    3. Memphis
                    4. SMU - That's a maybe.

Everybody else in some order. I think Tulane may finish above the Florida schools, ECU, and Cincy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                      Back to the original topic. I'm going with:

1. Houston
                      2. WSU
                      3. Memphis
                      4. SMU - That's a maybe.

Everybody else in some order. I think Tulane may finish above the Florida schools, ECU, and Cincy.
                      UCF is going to have a legit roster. I could see them finishing top 4 ahead of whichever of Jank and Penny underperforms more next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

UCF is going to have a legit roster. I could see them finishing top 4 ahead of whichever of Jank and Penny underperforms more next year.
                        We’ve gone down that past before and it didn’t work out for them. UCF was supposed to be a top team this year after they had a couple of impressive early wins. It didn’t end well for them. Maybe next year is better, but they have to earn respect on the court.

Comment

• Every year we hear about how this is the year UCF breaks through. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• I like the Shock's chances to earn an invite to the Big Dance next year (if our guard play can step up).

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Lol. Was your liberty made in China?
                              What on God's green earth are you babbling about? Shouldn't you be hijacking posters over in the Politics forum? Go pigeon-hole someone else creep.

Are you still pissed WSU didn't hire Jans or something? Get a grip.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 12, 2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

What on God's green earth are you babbling about? Shouldn't you be hijacking posters over in the Politics forum? Go pigeon-hole someone else creep.

Are you still pissed WSU didn't hire Jans or something? Get a grip.

Wow dude. I was agreeing with you in the first post and joking around in the second. Get a grip.

Comment

Working...
                                X