2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Actually, only 4. TW (the shorter Wade), JB, IPBC, and JS. Neither Gilbert nor Wade the Taller are scholarships that we can replace.

My understanding is that if Trey and Alterique did stay their scholarships would not count toward the 13 scholarship limit. Either way, at this point we have 7 scholarships players returning:

Dexter, Tyson, Craig, Ricky, Monzy, Mo and Chaunce. HCIB has 6 scholarships to use if he wants to whether or not the 2 seniors return next year.

HCIB's issue is, if Trey and Alterique would decide to come back next year, does he want to use all those scholarships this year or perhaps put a couple in his pocket to use next year. If they don't return does he want a full roster of 13 scholarship players. Either way he has 6 available scholarships right now.

Comment

• more than effort, they need to exercise some patience. Every freakin one of them thin they should be starters at Kentucky. Most of these kids are lucky to be on D1 scholarships - not just talking about our kids, it's all the bench warmers across the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
        Those numbers will never make success sustainable. Sorry for being concerned about the sustainability of the program.
        Again you lose some credibility. If a program loses 6 each year, and two are walk-ons, and two are injuries, and two are deep bench riders, then I'd say sustainability isn't hurt at all. This is where the "impact" player comments stem from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This .. we are returning our starting 5 man. He's the starter until proven on the court otherwise. That includes if we had a James Wiseman level recruit coming in.
          Sorry...you don't use the term back-up at any position when getting ready to sign a player.

Comment

Who is TP? I certainly never mentioned anyone with those initials...unless you have some cute pet name for Stevenson and his Charmin softness.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              more than effort, they need to exercise some patience. Every freakin one of them thin they should be starters at Kentucky. Most of these kids are lucky to be on D1 scholarships - not just talking about our kids, it's all the bench warmers across the country.
              Maybe they are just unhappy with the coed situation at their current stop.

Comment

Who is TP? I certainly never mentioned anyone with those initials...unless you have some cute pet name for Stevenson and his Charmin softness.
                Really? Ok, I'm done.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Not a fan of the "Back-up 5." That isn't an endorsement of this potential signing. If the potential of our recruiting is a back-up to Udeze we are in trouble. I hope this is just poor wording on Taylor's part. If in fact the wording came from the coaching staff, we have the wrong leader. Udeze should be the standard of a back-up.
                  Word!

Comment

Sorry...you don't use the term back-up at any position when getting ready to sign a player.
                    We saw how well it worked when we told players they were going to be the starter when we already had a returning starter ... *Cough* Sherfield *Cough*

Sorry, you don't claim an incoming person will be a starter when you have a returning starter ... you wait until they earn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Again you lose some credibility. If a program loses 6 each year, and two are walk-ons, and two are injuries, and two are deep bench riders, then I'd say sustainability isn't hurt at all. This is where the "impact" player comments stem from.
                      Returning 70% of scoring is probably going to be one of the higher numbers in D1 i would think.

Comment

We saw how well it worked when we told players they were going to be the starter when we already had a returning starter ... *Cough* Sherfield *Cough*

Sorry, you don't claim an incoming person will be a starter when you have a returning starter ... you wait until they earn it.
                        What's wrong with just saying we have a stud coming in and leave it at that? Why all the forecasting? I agree. You don't crown anyone the starter ahead of time. But I don't like the idea of bringing in a dude and already calling him a backup. Seriously? What's wrong with letting Udeze know he has his work cut out for him?

Comment

You must have a bat phone I don't in to the conversations that were had with previous recruits. I don't remember seeing in public print that players were promised being the "starter." But my memory is not of legends either. You don't show the lack of insight to promote signing a "Back-up 5...period." Poor strategy. I have never seen anything like it. It has a poor look to it and if that is the strategy my our coaches, that is not a good look either. Again, sorry, but this has piss-poor management all over it. If we are recruiting back-up level post players to play behind Udeze we suck.

Comment

You must have a bat phone I don't in to the conversations that were had with previous recruits. I don't remember seeing in public print that players were promised being the "starter." But my memory is not of legends either. You don't show the lack of insight to promote signing a "Back-up 5...period." Poor strategy. I have never seen anything like it. It has a poor look to it and if that is the strategy my our coaches, that is not a good look either. Again, sorry, but this has piss-poor management all over it. If we are recruiting back-up level post players to play behind Udeze we suck.
                            Sherfield was quoted that it was told to him and Marshall later commented that he probably should have been clearer about the expectations when recruiting.

Not going to argue with you. ANY player that we bring in is a backup (assuming we have a returning player) until they prove otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

What's wrong with just saying we have a stud coming in and leave it at that? Why all the forecasting? I agree. You don't crown anyone the starter ahead of time. But I don't like the idea of bringing in a dude and already calling him a backup. Seriously? What's wrong with letting Udeze know he has his work cut out for him?
                              To be honest? I'm guessing Taylor was just being cautious with his wording. Either way, it's a factually correct statement to say they are brining in a big man with length to back up Udeze because at this point in time that's exactly what they are doing.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X