No announcement yet.

2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The usual suspects taking one word out of this tweet from Taylor and really running with it. Good lord.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Sherfield was quoted that it was told to him and Marshall later commented that he probably should have been clearer about the expectations when recruiting.

Not going to argue with you. ANY player that we bring in is a backup (assuming we have a returning player) until they prove otherwise.
      I vaguely remember that now about Sherfield. But Marshall admitted screwing that up. I also vaguely remember that. So, our HOF former coach thought that strategy was bad. Apparently Brown was absent that day in coaching class.

Look, I am not going to argue. This is a flippin fan board. You may find that strategy is ok...I don't and think it is a big mistake and lacks insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I vaguely remember that now about Sherfield. But Marshall admitted screwing that up. I also vaguely remember that. So, our HOF former coach thought that strategy was bad. Apparently Brown was absent that day in coaching class.

Look, I am not going to argue. This is a flippin fan board. You may find that strategy is ok...I don't and think it is a big mistake and lacks insight.
        Brown paid attention to the screw up that Marshall did (which was one of the very few I think he did overall in recruiting). Hes been very clear he's not promising playing time to any player .. they all have to earn it.

Comment

• Length is great and all - but somebody who can put the ball in the hole and has some BBIQ would be nice too. It seems to me that a lot of our length has transferred over the years when they don't sniff the court enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

What strategy are you even talking about? Have you heard or seen any of the coaches quoted as saying they’re out recruiting back ups? If not, don’t freak the **** out based on one tiny word in a tweet from the beat writer at the eagle.

Comment

• If it’s the Matt McFarlane dude, I don’t know how you wouldn’t be excited about adding that guy. Plus with IB’s previous comments in Taylor’s article about having a rotation at C, it’s just inevitable that we’re adding someone for that role. We literally have 1 body at the position as it stands.

The whole “back up” comment isn’t a big deal. You add talent every offseason and let the rotation work itself out in practice. Plus not every guy we sign is going to be an all league player. Just need him to be a guy who can provide solid minutes behind Mo and hopefully is an upgrade from IPBC. And if he’s better than Mo, I’m sure he’ll play more minutes.

EDIT** - the McFarlane kid is 6’10, can score over both shoulders with both hands, can shoot from the perimeter, and would also provide rim protection (which we lack). Also led some fast breaks in his highlight vid. That’s a skill set worth adding and one to be excited about.

Comment

• I never thought Mo was a 5 anyway. He was just the only guy we had over 6-7 that could play.

If we bring in a 5, that gives us 1. Mo can play 4 or 5. We just need some damn size to give us a chance at not giving up a 1000 2nd chance points next year.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    I never thought Mo was a 5 anyway. He was just the only guy we had over 6-7 that could play.

If we bring in a 5, that gives us 1. Mo can play 4 or 5. We just need some damn size to give us a chance at not giving up a 1000 2nd chance points next year.
                    Mo is a small 5. A 4 needs to be able to put the ball on the floor and be at least passable from 3 in today's game. You can't play with 2 players on the floor that aren't at least some sort of outside threat. Mo is a 7 ft and in type guy which is a prototypical 5 to me.

Comment

• sign me up!

Comment

• Well he is 45th in scoring in the Jayhawk Conference. I'm not as excited as some of you. This is a conference that plays absolutely no defense. Hell Cowley averaged 107 pts per game. I think he is 5th on his own team in scoring. Hoping for the best though!

Comment

• Many were not excited about Echinique.

Comment

• Just happy to see a commitment at this point... Big old dude that can back up Udeze... Nice

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

What strategy are you even talking about? Have you heard or seen any of the coaches quoted as saying they’re out recruiting back ups? If not, don’t freak the **** out based on one tiny word in a tweet from the beat writer at the eagle.
                              Hey, just trying to get clarity on what Taylor reported. Taylor using "Back-up" not me, so I am assuming that is what Brown told him. I am not freaking out by any means. I just see lack of insight of this strategy (promoting the concept of recruiting back-ups). I never remember Marshall referring a signed recruit as a back-up, or Scott Thompson for that matter. Just think it is a bad communication strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                                Well he is 45th in scoring in the Jayhawk Conference. I'm not as excited as some of you. This is a conference that plays absolutely no defense. Hell Cowley averaged 107 pts per game. I think he is 5th on his own team in scoring. Hoping for the best though!
                                I don’t think JUCO stats are super reliable or worth investing in much. Watch his video and you can see the talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X