2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Unless you are an elite player I think it is well worth it to stay within a day's drive of home.
    That would have been good advice for TP, huh? ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

that's a concern??????
      Don't think I'll lose any sleep at night worrying about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Kind of makes you wonder if a different recruiting approach maybe should be taken. Forget about recruiting freshmen based on potential unless you tell them upfront you do not expect them to play much and perhaps a redshirt year should be considered. Prioritize freshman you believe can help immediately and perhaps focus more on the Juco ranks and the transfer portal.

Not sure in the long run the lack of continuity will produce the best teams but it may be the way of the world going forward and the best coaches will be those than can constantly incorporate newbies and build systems that can be absorbed fairly easily by newbies.

Not really fond of that approach but that may be the world of college basketball in its present state.
        I would not be surprised to see more of a focus on the portal and less interest in Freshmen...especially if people can't keep them around. Football looks to be trending that way. Lincoln Riley has started not taking full classes in order to capitalize on the portal. I know football is different, obviously, but not a bad plan as he snagged some high-end talent from a mass exodus at Tennessee.

Comment

• This portal **** is the dumbest thing ever.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dang-it....now I'm gonna have a hard time cheering for him. Porter that is.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

That would have been good advice for TP, huh? ;-)
              I dunno. Further TP can get away from FOTP the better.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SubGod22; Honestly, we don't have a back to the basket post player on the roster.”

What is Udeze? Chopped liver

Comment

• Yes, the portal is a joke and is making a mess of CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                    QUOTE=SubGod22; Honestly, we don't have a back to the basket post player on the roster.”

What is Udeze? Chopped liver
                    Not chopped liver, but he is not a back to the basket post.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"Athlete" is hard to measure so I have to disagree with you. I've seen plenty from Jackson to think the athletic skills are there.
                      He's a fairly good athlete, but I just think about things like Kelly's series of blocks vs. Marquette in Maui and his dunk at home against Cincy, and I don't think CJ is capable of either of those things.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

That is exactly what he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

That’s literally probably his biggest strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                            Yes, the portal is a joke and is making a mess of CB.
                            'ncaa had to do something to cover up/obscure an ncaa/fbi investigation into their beloved blue-bloods. how benevolent of them.

throw the baby out with the bath water.
                            Last edited by another shocker; March 29, 2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              This portal **** is the dumbest thing ever.
                              As you said, Fev, Jay Bilas got exactly the disaster he wanted

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ashockalypse;n1292293][QUOTE=SubGod22; Honestly, we don't have a back to the basket post player on the roster.”

What is Udeze? Chopped liver[/QUOTE]

He's not very good with his back to the basket. The bulk of his improvement was at the FT line and standing to the side and getting passes from driving guards where he had easy dunks/layups. His back to the basket game is rather weak.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X