2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Sounds like Taylor is really betting that our first incoming announcement is happening today.
    Who’s been following who on social media?!

That’s how you get the scoop into today’s world. Ha
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Six scholarships are opening up?!?!?!

TIME TO START AN INVESTIGATION!!!!!
      Actually, only 4. TW (the shorter Wade), JB, IPBC, and JS. Neither Gilbert nor Wade the Taller are scholarships that we can replace.

Comment

Who’s been following who on social media?!

That’s how you get the scoop into today’s world. Ha

That narrows it a bit .. and if it's the JUCO being mentioned on our recruiting board .. I'm all for it ...

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Actually, only 4. TW (the shorter Wade), JB, IPBC, and JS. Neither Gilbert nor Wade the Taller are scholarships that we can replace.
          Their scholarships were already available, yes, but in the article last year they were quoting the number of players leaving and were including walk-ons in that number.

If they are going to use those players in their numbers disingenuously, then so am I.
          The Assman

Comment

That narrows it a bit .. and if it's the JUCO being mentioned on our recruiting board .. I'm all for it ...
            Back up JUCO 5-man doesn’t get my excitement levels up much, but we’ll see.
            The Assman

Comment

Yeah. Agree. IPBC was a "Back-up 5 man."

Comment

Fair, but I also think the message that they are bringing someone in that they expect to overtake Udeze has an equally bad visibility. Don't need Udeze jumping ship ... again lol.

I don't mind the JUCO part, especially if they get an extra year too. Echenique was a JUCO product too.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

If you like recruiting six players every year just to fill the roster, by all means, ignore the numbers. I get that the portal is the devil and is going to cause consternation everywhere. Wichita State is not in a situation to just "bounce back" from this type of turnover. As far as "impact players leaving" it seems that Sherfield certainly was an impact player this season. Who is to say that Burton or Stevenson (though I don't really miss them) would not have taken strides this season under a new coach? We cannot simply dismiss young players leaving as, "well they weren't impact players either." We haven't seen them more than a season or two...some guys take far longer than one or two seasons to really get it going.
                  Sherfield and Burton may have been symptoms of a now fixed problem; therefore suggesting that adding them to the count signals a CURRENT problem within the program is erroneous. And yes, you can only say it's a lot of the majority of other programs have only lost a few in the past years.

BUT you lost credibility when you suggest TP could've taken strides under a new coach. He had a new coach; didn't make strides...forward, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

If you like recruiting six players every year just to fill the roster, by all means, ignore the numbers. I get that the portal is the devil and is going to cause consternation everywhere. Wichita State is not in a situation to just "bounce back" from this type of turnover. As far as "impact players leaving" it seems that Sherfield certainly was an impact player this season. Who is to say that Burton or Stevenson (though I don't really miss them) would not have taken strides this season under a new coach? We cannot simply dismiss young players leaving as, "well they weren't impact players either." We haven't seen them more than a season or two...some guys take far longer than one or two seasons to really get it going.
                    Your reading comprehension is not that good. I said OTHER THAN LAST YEARS TRANSFERS AND AR.

And we all know what went down last year. It wasn't a "normal" situation.

Outside of those I mentioned...which again aren't a "normal" situation we haven't lost anyone of extreme value. And nothing can be done if players aren't willing to put in the effort to get more playing time.....it's the landscape now.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Can we please stop including walk-ons? They have zero impact on the scholarship situation.
                      That’s not what the question was. You are more than welcome to join in the discussion if you want to phase the answers your own way.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Well until they get on campus and prove themselves everyone is a backup. It is Udeze's spot until someone knocks him out of it.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Your reading comprehension is not that good. I said OTHER THAN LAST YEARS TRANSFERS AND AR.

And we all know what went down last year. It wasn't a "normal" situation.

Outside of those I mentioned...which again aren't a "normal" situation we haven't lost anyone of extreme value. And nothing can be done if players aren't willing to put in the effort to get more playing time.....it's the landscape now.
                          Glad to know that not being good with 18+ defections in three years is "overreacting." Making one statement does not equate to overreacting. I'm not running around here screaming about it ad nauseam. I merely mentioned that it is not an optimal thing and BAM, here come the homers to defend all things Wichita State. Losing that many players is a lot. No one gets to tell me how to quantify "a lot" either. I'm never going to be okay with that number. I don't care what the situations surrounding the program are. Those numbers will never make success sustainable. Sorry for being concerned about the sustainability of the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Sherfield and Burton may have been symptoms of a now fixed problem; therefore suggesting that adding them to the count signals a CURRENT problem within the program is erroneous. And yes, you can only say it's a lot of the majority of other programs have only lost a few in the past years.

BUT you lost credibility when you suggest TP could've taken strides under a new coach. He had a new coach; didn't make strides...forward, at least.
                            Who is TP? I certainly never mentioned anyone with those initials...unless you have some cute pet name for Stevenson and his Charmin softness.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Well until they get on campus and prove themselves everyone is a backup. It is Udeze's spot until someone knocks him out of it.
                              This .. we are returning our starting 5 man. He's the starter until proven on the court otherwise. That includes if we had a James Wiseman level recruit coming in.

Comment

Not a fan of the "Back-up 5." That isn't an endorsement of this potential signing. If the potential of our recruiting is a back-up to Udeze we are in trouble. I hope this is just poor wording on Taylor's part. If in fact the wording came from the coaching staff, we have the wrong leader. Udeze should be the standard of a back-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X