Coaching Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

That reminds me. I've become tough to be around watching college basketball when guys don't make free throws. Any game. Any player. I cannot freaking stand to watch so called great athletes who can't shoot a freaking free throw. Unacceptable. Everyone on the court should be at minimum a 70% free throw shooter.
    My often used mantra is the difference between good teams and great teams is free throws. However, a number of great players were lousy at the charity line, starting with Wilt and Shaq.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

My foggy recollection was that Conner was wide open in the corner but missed so bad it was almost an air ball. That might have been the year before though...
      That also happened vs UNI I believe.

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          Wow! Seems like a great dude and a really good coach. Tough loss for OU. And really, all of college basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            Wow. I’m amazed at how quick people forget the Clevin Hannah and Joe Ragland years.
            The stand around offense started post Landry. If you remember the events of Landry’s sophomore year, Gregg said he never had a team refuse to play defense before so he told them to play it their way. He lost the team. The next year he had several new players and had to vanilla the offense because the players just weren’t getting it. Not being able to install the full offense (it took three years at the beginning of his tenure to get it fully installed) due to the complexity and players refusing to be coached led to the stand around offense that people have attributed to all Gregg Marshall was able to accomplish.
            WSU had every success because of Gregg. None of it happens without him. The final four run and the undefeated season happened because those players played the exact way Gregg wanted and ran his system perfectly. It’s the exact same system every team before them ran.
            This business of trying to minimize the impact the Gregg had on the program because people can’t stand his personality needs to stop. We enjoy every success that happened this year because of a KU grad and Gregg Marshall. Get over it.
            It’s weird how so many people are now taking shots at Marshall and stripping him at any sort of credit whenever possible. Sure screams fake fans to me.
            Last edited by ShockerFever; March 25, 2021, 02:15 PM.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It’s weird how so many people are now taking shots at Marshall and stripping him at any sort of credit whenever possible. Sure screams fake fans to me.
              I don’t know about that. I think people have just painted him as a serial abuser in their mind and subconsciously try to disassociate him with anything good that he has done. Cancel culture at its worst.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

FHCGM back to Winthrop??

Comment

I don’t know about that. I think people have just painted him as a serial abuser in their mind and subconsciously try to disassociate him with anything good that he has done. Cancel culture at its worst.
                  Sorry, I just had to laugh at this last sentence. Regardless of what you think of “cancel culture,” there are far worse examples than this.

I think it is easy to under-appreciate the success that FHC3G had because the final few years were slightly down. Recency bias and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

Sorry, I just had to laugh at this last sentence. Regardless of what you think of “cancel culture,” there are far worse examples than this.

I think it is easy to under-appreciate the success that FHC3G had because the final few years were slightly down. Recency bias and all that.
                    70-31 in his last three years with an NCAA bid and likely another one if Covid wouldn't have cancelled 2020. Okie dokie with the "slightly down" nonsense...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

No there isn’t. Subconscious canceling vs conscious canceling shows an acceptance of canceling. Yes, there are worse examples of canceling but that’s not what I was talking about. That would be pretty dense.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

70-31 in his last three years with an NCAA bid and likely another one if Covid wouldn't have cancelled 2020. Okie dokie with the "slightly down" nonsense...
                        If the bar is high enough, anything can be slightly down. I mean, compared to a F4, undefeated season, and a sweet 16, yeah, that’s a bit less.

Comment

Comment

No there isn’t. Subconscious canceling vs conscious canceling shows an acceptance of canceling. Yes, there are worse examples of canceling but that’s not what I was talking about. That would be pretty dense.
                            It took me a while, had to read it a few times, but I think I finally understand what you’re saying. You’ll have to forgive my density. You mean it’s the worst kind of cancelling. I’m not 100% convinced that cognitive behavior is the result of current cultural trends, but it’s that’s a far more reasonable thought.

Comment

Memphis assistant Tony Madlock has been named the new head coach at South Carolina State.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                I think that's a fake account

Comment

Working...
                                X