Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Wrong.

The MVC recruits listed all were part of recruiting classes 2011-2016. AAC recruiting classes 2017 (IPBC/SHJ) - present
    This will not emotionally compute for 98% of shockernet.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post

The list could have been longer... The current roster is Dex and TE followed by solid players that would have off the bench contributors from 2011 until 2018.
      Yes. Zach Brown, Evan, Hall, Rashard, etc...the list goes on and on. What can't be denied is our talent/skill/depth have all been in decline since joining the AAC.

I'm not saying joining the AAC caused it. But something has. I'm just a fan from afar who has no local Wichita connections to speak of - but the regression in talent is so clear even Stevie Wonder can see it.

Comment

Yes. Zach Brown, Evan, Hall, Rashard, etc...the list goes on and on. What can't be denied is our talent/skill/depth have all been in decline since joining the AAC.

I'm not saying joining the AAC caused it. But something has. I'm just a fan from afar who has no local Wichita connections to speak of - but the regression in talent is so clear even Stevie Wonder can see it.
        Your list is still short!

Comment

"I can see clearly now..."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Not saying we should have stayed in the MVC, but here are guys we signed in our late MVC years:

Cle Early
            Tekele Cotton
            FVV
            Ron Baker
            Landry Shamet
            Connor Frankamp
            Darryl Willis
            Shaq Morris
            Austin Reaves
            Marcus McDuffie

The only Shocker AAC recruits comparable to the level of those MVC recruits above are Jamie and TE. MAYBE Dexter. MAYBE
            I will say, this isn’t the worst point in the world. Every single one of the guys you listed has played pro ball. Granted, you’re pulling from a list of recruits over a four or five year span, but still. We’ve been in the American since 2017. Some of this is due to transfers and some of it is due to recruiting misses.

I hope and pray that HCIB can get recruiting back and make it better than what we’ve had lately. That remains to be seen.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I can't help but think FHCGM's coaching style might have had something to do with the drop off in recruiting the last few years. Be it the style resonating less with higher level recruits, or the scramble to replace transfers caused by the coaching style, or both, or something else. In my view, there was no reason we couldn't get the kind of recruits some of the other AAC schools were getting--unless it was just 4* and 5* aren't used to FHCGM's style.

Please note I'm not making any judgements on the coaching style itself. It was what it was, and it's been tirelessly debated and belabored on here. I'm just speculating on what impact it had on recruiting, if any. That's all.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

KPI and Recruiting listed below - Hits and Misses are spread all around when it comes to annual roster additions.

IMO - The recent negative KPI trends are mostly driven by the exit of key performers - not recruiting misses.

There were a couple of monster recruiting years - 2012, 2013, 2016

2010 - 64 Manigault, Hamilton, Richardson, Blair
                2011 - 27 Ragland, Ben Smith, Orukpe, Stutz
                2012 - 11 Armstead, Wessel, Anacreon, Hall, Baker, Cotton, White
                2013 - 17 Lufile, Green, Early, Wiggins, Coleby, Vanvleet
                2014 - 6 Holland, Morris, Bowles, Carter
                2015 - 13 Kelly, Brown, Henderson, Nurger, Glass
                2016 - 13 Taylor, Shamet, Grady, Wamukota, Allen, Hamilton, McDuffie, Frankamp
                2017 - 8 Smith, Reaves, Willis
                2018 - 21 (Declined despite returning experience, talent and moving to the AMERICAN) Haynes-Jones, Brown, Midtgaard,

---- AMERICAN RECRUITING ---

2019 - 66 Dennis, Burton, Torres, Stevenson, Udeze, Echenique, Moore, Allen, Poor Bear-Chandler
                2020 - 39 Etienne, Gordon, Wade, Fernandes, Bialau, Sherfield,
                2021 - 72 Porter, Gilbert, Council, Jenkins, Wade, Seymour, Jackson

Comment

Not saying we should have stayed in the MVC, but here are guys we signed in our late MVC years:

Cle Early
                  Tekele Cotton
                  FVV
                  Ron Baker
                  Landry Shamet
                  Connor Frankamp
                  Darryl Willis
                  Shaq Morris
                  Austin Reaves
                  Marcus McDuffie

The only Shocker AAC recruits comparable to the level of those MVC recruits above are Jamie and TE. MAYBE Dexter. MAYBE
                  Keep in mind Tekele was an unheralded two star and Ron Baker was an entirely anonymous unranked recruit. I'm not sure Shaq was very highly ranked either. I don't believe Austin was anywhere near Landry/Fred/Markis level. As awesome as some of their college careers ended up being, the list of highly ranked recruits in our MVC years was pretty short--much shorter than you have here.

Grant Sherfield was a 4* guy who originally signed with UCLA. You would need to add him to the list of highly ranked AAC recruits.

Maybe this isn't necessarily your point. If your point is we haven't been able to maintain a roster since joining the AAC, or that we've had a lot of misses since joining the AAC, then I think your point is spot on.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Wrong.

The MVC recruits listed all were part of recruiting classes 2011-2016. AAC recruiting classes 2017 (IPBC/SHJ) - present
                    We’ve had plenty of good recruits like others have stated. Not all of them have stuck around all four years but that’s another story entirely.

Not to mention that we had a limited number of scholarships available our first year in the league.

I’ve said it so many times but it bears repeating. 2018-2019 was a perfect **** storm. 6 graduating players, a sophomore left early for the NBA, one of our future team leaders transferred, we let our incoming 4 star PG recruit out of his LOI so he could play for his AAU coach who just got hired by Memphis, and Bob Huggins spiteful man that he is denied Teddy Allen a waiver at a time they're handed out like candy.

Who knows what Teddy Allen’s career would have looked like if he’d been granted a waiver to play that first year. Maybe he still would have transferred but there’s no doubt he’s as talented as Cleanthony.

Same thing with Lomax. I don’t watch all their games but he’s a guy I would take running the team all day. Great at getting into the lane and distributing and an absolute pest on defense.

I would put Dexter, Tyson, Jamarius, Mo, Jaime, and Alterique up with some of our best players. Clarence and Ricky look like they could get there at some point. Sherfield and Big Mit have been successful at their new homes.

We’ve recruited plenty of good players. We’ve had plenty of success in the league and made the tourney 2 of 3 years. So, we haven’t won a game yet since we’ve been in. Them’s the breaks. We need to continue to bring in good recruits and maintain continuity and the tourney wins will come. You can’t win if you aren’t in.
                    Last edited by pie n eye; March 23, 2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

UNLV has hired Kevin Kruger (Lon's son).

Comment

Just heard the HC from Northwest Missouri State on 810 out of KC. Dude has a SQUAD; four players over 40% from 3...one of whom shoots over 50% on 160+ attempts (also shoots 60%+ from the floor and 89% from the line). They play high-paced, run a great offense, and take great shots. Maybe he needs to be the associate HC and "OC" next season.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                          Just heard the HC from Northwest Missouri State on 810 out of KC. Dude has a SQUAD; four players over 40% from 3...one of whom shoots over 50% on 160+ attempts (also shoots 60%+ from the floor and 89% from the line). They play high-paced, run a great offense, and take great shots. Maybe he needs to be the associate HC and "OC" next season.
                          The Great Nolan Richardson comes to mind....bring his own team( plus Mike Anderson, I believe) to Tulsa...like it...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                            I’m sure our offense would look pretty good if we had four players who shot over 40% from three.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’m sure our offense would look pretty good if we had four players who shot over 40% from three.
                              See 2018 when we had the #4 rated KenPom offense. Reaves, Shamet, and Samaje all shot over 40% from three. Frankamp was 36%. Brown and McDuffie were at 32% and 34%. Even our big men, Shaq and Willis, canned their limited attempts at around 38%.

Too bad they were 111 on defense. Could’ve been a really special team.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I know you're taking a shot at me because you feel superior for some reason, probably because I have relatively few posts here. I get it. New guy is an idiot. The point of the post is that the guy FINDS SHOOTERS. Not only does he find shooters, he runs a system that plays to all their strengths and works efficiently. Did WSU even have one who hit close to 40% this year? Judging by the numbers I shared, WSU has ONE player who meets that standard. TE shot 39% on 166 attempts. Everyone else was in the 40s on attempts. There were some 40%s, but they had minimal attempts.
                                Last edited by GreatWhiteBuffalo; March 24, 2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X