Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

These are some pretty good points.

I agree that Taylor wouldn't have much of a job at the Eagle if he was constantly critical, but I just don't prefer to read coverage that is 99% positive as I don't approach WSU basketball that way.
    I'm just happy to see some (small video story) of the informal summer WSU practices, and can delineate for myself what is happening on that video (how good is the defense, etc.). Taylor is just giving us a "small blurb" of what happens everyday. His REAL stories come on the sports page, which in my opinion, is too many stories for him to do on ALL (high school, Sunflower League, professional Wichita teams, etc.) of the local sports happening in our (largest population center in Kansas) community. Too much of the sports page is devoted to the NE Kansas team imo. with stories from the Lawrence newspaper and the KC paper.

Comment

• I really do wish Taylor could focus only on the Shox or maybe the Shox and one smaller item. The Eagle definitely needs someone dedicated to HS sports. I could see another person dedicated to coverage of the semi-pro teams of the Surge and Thunder and others. Maybe Taylor could still cover some of that as they probably don't need quite the press/resources of the other two.

For what it's worth, I don't read the Eagle so maybe I'm off base with these thoughts. Taylor goes above and beyond in his coverage of the Shox compared to his predecessors. I'm very thankful for that even though I mostly only see what he tweets and the headlines of his articles and pick up what I can from discussions/comments that follow.

I almost wish Taylor was on his own or with some other online entity where he could focus more on what he wants to do. I might actually pay for that. Or wish we had some entity that could be a little more honest in analysis. With the Chiefs, I've been watching a lot of the Locked On Chiefs and other RGR programming for a couple of years and I like how they approach things. Not that they get overly critical, but there is honest analysis about positives and negatives of everything.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• This is probably 2022 but could be for this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This is probably 2022 but could be for this year
          Emoni Bates?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Emoni Bates?!?
            Considering he's on campus at Memphis for a visit today... That would be a hell of a turn

Comment

• Oh ... So It is 2021...

Comment

Alterique is coming back!!!!!!

Just kidding. Though it is strange he hasn't found a landing spot yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Alterique is coming back!!!!!!

Just kidding. Though it is strange he hasn't found a landing spot yet.
                  That was actually my first thought lol.

But I'm wondering if there are any good transfers left

Comment

• Maybe Zakai Ziegler is reclassifying to 2021?

Comment

I hope it's not critical news.

Comment

• My guess is Isaac Abidde but I don't feel particularly confident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I think there's a lot of good coverage Taylor provides, but he does a lot of cheerleading in his coverage...too much for my taste. If you read his Tweets/videos from yesterday, you'd think we were national title contenders.

Again, he's got some good analysis when it comes to film breakdown, but it's often shrouded in exaggerated praise for our players/coaches.
                          Who's the "you" that derived National Title aspirations from a bunch of rec ball clips? Repeat champs, maybe.

You sound like a Chicken fan doing their duty to put Shocker fans in their place. It wouldn't be the first time...

Can you feel the love Kel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I hope it's not critical news.
                            I'd be very surprised if Taylor would 'tease' us with "critical" recruiting news.

I'm hoping...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

IMO your criticism of Taylor's coverage of the Shockers more accurately depicts the media's reporting of Beaker Basketball. Do you have the same distaste for the sport reporters covering the Beakers?
                              You can bet he don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Who's the "you" that derived National Title aspirations from a bunch of rec ball clips? Repeat champs, maybe.

You sound like a Chicken fan doing their duty to put Shocker fans in their place. It wouldn't be the first time...

Can you feel the love Kel?

You totally nailed it. A lot of us see through him. He is phony chickenhawk fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X