No announcement yet.

Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The play where RCV took it coast to coast with his left hand (full speed) and then got tackled by the guy in the red shorts (anyone know who that guy was), converting in the process, sure looked like it could translate to games that count.
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 27, 2021, 04:46 AM.

Comment

• I’ve seen better defense from the Guatemalan Coast Guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        RC4 will be All Conf before he leaves here.
        As long as he learns to pass the ball more than he did as a freshman. Many times as the season was coming to a close, he took the ball on the wing, decided he was going to try to spin/drive past his man on the way to the hoop and either missed the shot or turned it over--and everyone on the court and watching on TV knew he was going to go solo. I'm optimistic that the balance of shooting and passing will come, though, with more maturity and experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Rocker View Post

As long as he learns to pass the ball more than he did as a freshman. Many times as the season was coming to a close, he took the ball on the wing, decided he was going to try to spin/drive past his man on the way to the hoop and either missed the shot or turned it over--and everyone on the court and watching on TV knew he was going to go solo. I'm optimistic that the balance of shooting and passing will come, though, with more maturity and experience.
          We can only hope so. Time will tell if he makes the adjustment. But he is not the only one that needs to improve. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            I never, ever was concerned with Ricky's offense. He wants it real bad, and he's a natural. It's his defense and rebounding effort that needs to pick up, to become (as Ron Baker would say) a "bad, bad boy". If he becomes active in those two areas, he really improves this team. He will improve his offense, but we have some good offensive 1on1 options in Tyson, and Qua, and decent shooters from Dexter, and Pleasant. It also appears that we may have another outside shooting threat from Pohto.

So if Ricky will pick up his defense and rebounding (especially rebounding), he's good enough to average 6-8 rebounds imo. to go along with who knows how many (maybe 10-12, maybe more, points).

Comment

• Porter looks really good
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• If Ricky keeps abusing the rims like that, CKA will need new ones. Also, Ron said what we all were thinking.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Porter looks really good
                  Looks really good like fashion wise? Or are you commenting on a different video.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Looks really good like fashion wise? Or are you commenting on a different video.
                    Crisp passes, good court vision from the couple of plays he was in on.

Comment

Crisp passes, good court vision from the couple of plays he was in on.
                      So what ? We all give Craig the benefit of the doubt because he was hurt last year and because of corbid issues. But these videos don't show if he can play better defense and rebound. Nor do they show if he can shoot better than 58% from the free throw line. I didn't check the stats but I recall that Porter, RC4, MJackson, and Joe Pleasant all shot less than 60% from the free throw line. That's not good enough. The Shocks lost last 2 games last year because they shot 50% from the free throw line.

I understand that videos tend to show offense, but time will tell if these guys have improved on defense and can rebound. Once again Zack Brown proved in the TBT games that playing defense can win games. Go Shock

Comment

• A relatively short RH podcasts with Coach Brown.

Shocker coach Isaac Brown joins the podcast to discuss how newcomers Joe Pleasant and Qua Grant fit into the lineup and Craig Porter's strong summer. He takes questions from fans and talks about Tyson Etienne's summer in NBA circles and how those experiences will expand his skills.

Looks for Craig Porter and Ricky Council to be the biggest positive surprises this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          A relatively short RH podcasts with Coach Brown.

Shocker coach Isaac Brown joins the podcast to discuss how newcomers Joe Pleasant and Qua Grant fit into the lineup and Craig Porter's strong summer. He takes questions from fans and talks about Tyson Etienne's summer in NBA circles and how those experiences will expand his skills.

Looks for Craig Porter and Ricky Council to be the biggest positive surprises this year.
                          Thanks for posting the link. I also listened to the Zach Bush interview about the 3 TBT games. Very interesting.

Comment

• Comment

• I have been unwavering in my thought that CP2 is our franchise point guard. Reading that he was limited physically last year and seeing his break away layup in the article there where in JC he was dunking on dudes in traffic just reaffirms that for me.

Comment

I have been unwavering in my thought that CP2 is our franchise point guard. Reading that he was limited physically last year and seeing his break away layup in the article there where in JC he was dunking on dudes in traffic just reaffirms that for me.
                                Count me in as a long term believer in CP.

Comment

Working...
                                X