No announcement yet.

Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The recruiting pattern over the last couple of years seems to indicate some confidence that Jenkins can play point. The history of using players who "can play" point has not been stellar. Jenkins can have a couple of years to work with Porter and Etienne. That's something the previous players who "can play" point didn't always have.

Both Porter and Etienne could be gone after next year. I believe Grant is capable of playing point, but he may be on course to graduate next year. . There are a lot of 2022 PG's in the Recruiting forum. That still points to a year or two of Jenkins, a transfer, or a Fr playing point.

When you can sign a 6'8" or 6'9" guy who can go off for 26 in an AAU game featuring Georgia players, and that guy can stroke it from 3 (made 4 of them), you don't pass on that guy. Especially when media guys are saying, "box him out or you're going to be on a poster".

Comment

• Dude, there is plenty of time to sign point guards over the next two years!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
        Dude, there is plenty of time to sign point guards over the next two years!
        So, Etienne goes pro. Porter and Grant graduate and don't return for their 5th year. Who's the PG in 2022? Who's the backup PG?

We could find ourselves in a desperate need to find a D1-ready PG out of the portal next year. That would also put us in a great position to land one.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

So, Etienne goes pro. Porter and Grant graduate and don't return for their 5th year. Who's the PG in 2022? Who's the backup PG?

We could find ourselves in a desperate need to find a D1-ready PG out of the portal next year. That would also put us in a great position to land one.
          Deal with next season next season. Put the best team together that you possibly can right now and then deal with the future when it comes. With player movement being so easy, you can’t just assume that you can bring in a guy to develop and that you’ll have him in those future seasons.

78-65

Comment

I think Etienne going pro is the ONLY sure thing there .. Every player on the team could leave after this year. That's how the transfer portal works now. I'm not sure what the right answer is, but we could be in desperate need for just about any one of our positions after any year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
              McLean school and Twin Rivers was where I spent the better part of my youth. Great time growing up there. So "The Tree" in Columbine park was cut down at some time but I remember it was the meeting point for kids.
              You mean "The BIG Tree" ???!!! amirite ?? McLean and TR alumnus here....

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                McLean school and Twin Rivers was where I spent the better part of my youth. Great time growing up there. So "The Tree" in Columbine park was cut down at some time but I remember it was the meeting point for kids.
                That must have been in those days long ago, when kids went outside to play with their neighbors (neighborhoods) who gathered from blocks away. Now, they stay inside, and don't meet other kids outside of school.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMAN_KC View Post

You mean "The BIG Tree" ???!!! amirite ?? McLean and TR alumnus here....
                  Yep. But it was the ONLY tree of any significance

Comment

The recruiting pattern over the last couple of years seems to indicate some confidence that Jenkins can play point. The history of using players who "can play" point has not been stellar. Jenkins can have a couple of years to work with Porter and Etienne. That's something the previous players who "can play" point didn't always have.

Both Porter and Etienne could be gone after next year. I believe Grant is capable of playing point, but he may be on course to graduate next year. . There are a lot of 2022 PG's in the Recruiting forum. That still points to a year or two of Jenkins, a transfer, or a Fr playing point.

When you can sign a 6'8" or 6'9" guy who can go off for 26 in an AAU game featuring Georgia players, and that guy can stroke it from 3 (made 4 of them), you don't pass on that guy. Especially when media guys are saying, "box him out or you're going to be on a poster".
                    I agree with your statement that you sign a 68 or 69 player that is athletic and can stroke it from the 3 point line. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I agree with your statement that you sign a 68 or 69 player that is athletic and can stroke it from the 3 point line. Go Shocks.
                      I prefer 69.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I prefer 69.
                        But where's the 3 point line when you're stroking it?

Comment

I prefer 69.
                          Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

The season can't start soon enough!!

Comment

According to one of our Shockernet doodlers, I can stroke it on the three point line while standing at half court.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I prefer 69.
                              Said she what That’s…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I remember when I was in 1st or 2nd grade at McLean Elem, X man, James Gibbs and Henry Carr came to our school!! They were awesome and a great day at school.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X