Wichita State vs. Drake First Four Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
    If we handle our business vs Cinci then we aren’t even playing tonight.
    Couldn’t even learn from that repeated mistake less than a week ago.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      How were you as an 18-22 year old?
      Stellar

Comment

• As many have said...the utter lack of improvement has been an eye opener.

I went back and read all of the "Quotables" on GoShockers.com from IB from before the season started. Granted it was to determine if Fever was crazy with his "dawgs" talk. But....IB has been questioned or mentioned the same issues all freaking year!! Hardly any improvement! Bad shots, poor rebounding, etc.

Edit...the Quotables happen before and after most games.

Comment

• "No more slip ups".

Comment

• It's a feel good story, but if you are looking for the difference in an assistant coach vs a legit head coach, it was on full display from the 5 minute mark until the horn of the first half.
            To stand there and watch Drake hang around (totally on their heels) and then make a run to pull within one was, in a minimum a minimum of words, gross.
            The game should have been over in the first half when the defense was awesome, but the offense execution was Jr High level at best.
            To stand their helpless and watch it unfold was beyond excusable.
            Which unfortunately...was what happened. For all the world to see.

I know a whole bunch of you, including Patty, are happy to see the change in coaches.
            But HCGM (or someone else...Las Cruces, NM) would not have just stood there tonight and watch it happen.
            Which is exactly what did happen.

When you decide that Mo Udeze is your basic option on offense to win the game, you have a serious deficiency in your angle of attack.
            No more telling me about how Billy is the brains on the bench. There weren't any serious upper level adjustments made all night in that game.
            There was, however, a whole lot of helplessness on display for almost the entire game.

He is the coach and has a contract. But the decision was made far early and based too much on a 'feel good' emotion.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
              As many have said...the utter lack of improvement has been an eye opener.

I went back and read all of the "Quotables" on GoShockers.com from IB from before the season started. Granted it was to determine if Fever was crazy with his "dawgs" talk. But....IB has been questioned or mentioned the same issues all freaking year!! Hardly any improvement! Bad shots, poor rebounding, etc.
              I agree.

It’s like someone saying they have to lose weight but keep guzzling down pizza and milkshakes instead up pumping some iron and waking on the treadmill.

At a certain point you have to start DOING and not just SAYING.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                "No more slip ups".
                Ricky must not have heard that....

Too soon?
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  NEVER should have hired IB. Now we are stuck with him. Terrible coaching the last 3 games.
                  Ready for AG to move on and he can take TE with him. TE didn't attack the basket once NOT ONCE. So soft.
                  Keep MU and DD.
                  For me , at least, the season was a bust.
                  Done with basketball for awhile. Can't watch other coaches actually coach their teams.
                  Most important position to recruit is a quality PG who can defend - AG got abused.
                  A lousy 7 assists tonight. Again, poor coaching not getting your team to move the ball !
                  You want Tyson gone? Go leave for a day and come back.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                    Really I thought it came down to securing rebounds and converting at the FT line. We make 70% of our FTs we win the game. And Drake scored on a couple extra possessions we gave them because we couldn’t just grab the rebound.
                    We don't even have to shoot 70%. If we shoot 60%, we win. Or, technically, 59%.

Comment

• Just a few thoughts forllowing the game:
                      1. You eat the sandwich that you make.
                      2. It sucks to be me.
                      3. There's always next year.
                      4. Life goes on.
                      5. After the AAC tournament, I really expected us to lose tonight.
                      6. When you look at the whole season, in some ways we overachieved, but then again maybe we were just lucky in a fluke year.
                      7. I'm going to Caymans. See you suckers!
                      You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

Comment

• At least UCLA or Mich State will also lose tonight.

#glasshalffull

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
                          Another look at the stat sheet. Bench 0-9, with 1 point in 32 min played
                          And I thought or bench was where we might have a real advantage. Obiously, I was wrong big time on that assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis_Celery View Post
                            Just a few thoughts forllowing the game:
                            1. You eat the sandwich that you make.
                            2. It sucks to be me.
                            3. There's always next year.
                            4. Life goes on.
                            5. After the AAC tournament, I really expected us to lose tonight.
                            6. When you look at the whole season, in some ways we overachieved, but then again maybe we were just lucky in a fluke year.
                            7. I'm going to Caymans. See you suckers!
                            Damn you!! Not all of us get to go to the Caymans!! But I did have the forsight to take tomorrow off and watch unemotionally involved BBall and get drunk.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• NM
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                3 really badly played games in a row. Very similar. If we had hit a couple more free throws, I imagine we'd have sucked again on Saturday. We didn't learn a thing, our players didn't, our coaches didn't
                                Pin,
                                Bingo.
                                This team regressed over the last month and that's not a good sign for a team with so much talent and youth.
                                By then the end of the year, JC players should have it down by now. Freshman and Sophomores should get a the picture of what it take and what the next level is all about.

I could say something about a 5th year PG, but AG is AG and you get what you got. Personally, he needs to move on. Same with TW.
                                Work with the talent on board and of course, recruit better level talent.
                                Trust me, its out there.
                                And then, know what to do with it, to coach/develop to the level required.

That is all.
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X