Wichita State vs. Drake First Four Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
    Porter was our leading scorer off the bench... with 1 point.
    Pathetic

Comment

• Well, this is my first post of the season; I had a stroke just before the season began. I hated to see the loss, but I'm happy with the way the season for the most part. Tonight sucked; it was so winnable. I guess we have to wait and see how IB reloads and prepares for next year and go from there. I hope you guys have all been well! I've missed reading your banter!

Comment

• Honestly, if I were Drake I would be embarrassed given how we played poorly in almost measurable stat. A win is a win, but hot damn they’re about to be get spanked on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LMAO. Already back-pedaling.

Give him his 5 years loser.
          Now who is obsessed? And when did I say give him five years...?? Absolutely, if next year is worse that would be troubling. I don't really see a ton of signs that it will be.

Again, there is wayyy too big of a gap between regular criticism and jumping off the bridge. There is plenty to be critical of, and plenty to praise, also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            Honestly, if I were Drake I would be embarrassed given how we played poorly in almost measurable stat. A win is a win, but hot damn they’re about to be get spanked on Saturday.
            Had we won that game, we should feel the same way Drake feels today. Happy to get a win but bracing for an ass whoopin on Saturday.

Comment

• Free throws and rebounding really hurt us tonight and Etienne not showing up tonight ( or Cincinnati ) was hard to watch. Two 12 point leads blown was hard to comprehend. Without Udeze who knows how ugly this would have been. Dex had a good second half but the bench was horrible tonight. Need to find a scoring 4 man to shore up the frontline and another 5 to compliment Udeze....disappointed but we played pretty good ball this year except for those last two game’s

Comment

• Go Houston. I guess.

It will be refreshing to watch some team basketball for the rest of the tournament...assuming I actually watch the tournament.

At the end, as I’ve told my family, if you put your hopes and dreams in the hands of 18-22 yr old males...you need something else to worry about.

Your hope is at least those 18-22 year olds would occasionally pull their heads out of their ass. Too much to ask? Probably.

Comment

• We talked about all the one-point wins and luck of this season... boy I really also see it the other way, too. What if IB had been the coach since the summer, and we hadn't of had COVID issues, seems like one of those MIZZOU or Okie State games could have gone the other way.

Didn't even get a shot at SMU, or get Memphis at home. Definitely seems like we could have played ourselves into a 7-10 seed if some other things went the right way. Such a weird year.

Comment

• We won an extrordinary number of close games. Got lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Now who is obsessed? And when did I say give him five years...?? Absolutely, if next year is worse that would be troubling. I don't really see a ton of signs that it will be.

Again, there is wayyy too big of a gap between regular criticism and jumping off the bridge. There is plenty to be critical of, and plenty to praise, also.
                      So you’re saying he has 1 year but jumped on my ass because I said this would be his high point in his coaching career? Given how the end of the year went?

We weren’t one of the luckiest teams in the country for nothing. It finally caught up with us.

You aren’t even examining the style of play that occurred all year, the horrific shot selection, the regression of TE at the end of the year, etc. You’re just an obsessed pumper that thinks just making an NCAA tournament is good enough, damn the actual specifics.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                        Honestly, if I were Drake I would be embarrassed given how we played poorly in almost measurable stat. A win is a win, but hot damn they’re about to be get spanked on Saturday.
                        They just beat us without their top 2 players playing. Why would they be embarrassed at all?

Comment

• Just making the tournament is never enough.

Comment

• If we handle our business vs Cinci then we aren’t even playing tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                              Go Houston. I guess.

It will be refreshing to watch some team basketball for the rest of the tournament...assuming I actually watch the tournament.

At the end, as I’ve told my family, if you put your hopes and dreams in the hands of 18-22 yr old males...you need something else to worry about.

Your hope is at least those 18-22 year olds would occasionally pull their heads out of their ass. Too much to ask? Probably.
                              How were you as an 18-22 year old?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                                If we handle our business vs Cinci then we aren’t even playing tonight.
                                Good point. Although, we’d still probably get beat in our first game.

Comment

Working...
                                X