Wichita State vs. Drake First Four Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    Everyone take stock of this thread tonight by the way, so when WSU is a 5-seed next year we can look at how stupid a lot of our entitled-ass fans are.
    ROFL, And you are delusional. With the meltdown the AAC is having in the transfer portal, the AAC may be below the MVC next year as a conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

We didn't see this team grow at all this year. The same thing that plagued them all season continued to plague them to the very end. With all the stop-n-go of the season they had plenty of time for practice and film session. They didn't learn a thing. Case in point, the end game was deja vu from the cincy game. Did they not have film session and discuss end game strategy?

Yeah, the lack of improvement is probably the most concerning thing to me. I’m willing to see what IB can do with a full season first though before I call for a change.

Comment

Everyone take stock of this thread tonight by the way, so when WSU is a 5-seed next year we can look at how stupid a lot of our entitled-ass fans are.
        pass that over to me, bro

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Let me just say,

I’d rather be bummed out with you glorious bastards than happy with any other school or fan base because I’ll always bleed black and yellow baby.

Does the whole Valley throw a banner up for that one?

Ok, post season meltdown and arguing may commence.

Go Shox!
          Another sane voice....

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post

It works both ways. Your 5 seed prediction is noted.
            I mean sure. Regardless of what happens that predication seems infinitely more reasonable than "this is the high point of IBs coaching career"

Comment

I mean sure. Regardless of what happens that predication seems infinitely more reasonable than "this is the high point of IBs coaching career"
              Believe me, I hope you are right and throw this prediction in our faces for the next five years. I just don’t believe you’re right.

Comment

ROFL, And you are delusional. With the meltdown the AAC is having in the transfer portal, the AAC may be below the MVC next year as a conference.
                Lets take stock of this also while we're at it.

This is my point, lol. There is being pissed because we played like a turd - and there is being a moron. And there are lots of morons out tonight.

Comment

We didn't see this team grow at all this year. The same thing that plagued them all season continued to plague them to the very end. With all the stop-n-go of the season they had plenty of time for practice and film session. They didn't learn a thing. Case in point, the end game was deja vu from the cincy game. Did they not have film session and discuss end game strategy?

Lol uh well as with any Division 1 team they practiced and had film sessions all year. But yeah typically you improve during the off-season? Generally a season of experience helps? Or are you just in denial that there’s no way they can improve

Comment

• I’m just curious, what different strategy or tactics from the coaching staff would have resulted in a win?
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• 3 really badly played games in a row. Very similar. If we had hit a couple more free throws, I imagine we'd have sucked again on Saturday. We didn't learn a thing, our players didn't, our coaches didn't

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Lol uh well as with any Division 1 team they practiced and had film sessions all year. But yeah typically you improve during the off-season? Generally a season of experience helps? Or are you just in denial that there’s no way they can improve
                        Or how about... Idk... having the same coach all the offseason... Or for the preasesaon... or lose 7 transfers.... Or just get thrown into it two weeks before. Win you're conference, get an at-large, and then have dozens of WSU's fans on SN claim the program is doomed. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          I’m just curious, what different strategy or tactics from the coaching staff would have resulted in a win?
                          Run better sets on offense
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Tyson was obviously taken out of the game by Drake. Udeze did all he could to make up for it. But ultimately, you have to shoot well and hit your FTs to advance in the NCAA tournament. We did neither.

We did pretty well feeding the post, but outside of that, our offense consists of dribbling and passing around the perimeter until someone decides to try and make a play. That didn't start with IB, not by a long shot. But it is disappointing that we were unable to get Tyson some good looks.

Our bench, outside of Monzy's rebounding, gave us nearly nothing. Porter wasn't good and I'm not sure Council had a single positive moment with the ball in his hands.

Udeze had a career game. Dexter had a pretty good game, and so did Wade, IMO. Gilbert was just OK.

On to next season.
                            Thanks again....appreciate the clearheaded thoughts.

no one likes to lose... and this team WAS frustrating...but I go back to the point that an ENORMOUS amount of talent departed last year that was not adequately replaced... or yet developed...
                            this calling for Brown to be fired is laughable, probably by a group of fans who are upset/ delusional about their own bbiq.... I know mine is far from the level of a Marshall or a Brown.

you are correct... on to next year!

Comment

Being the same on Day 1 and Day 121 is a sign of bad coaching. It just is. Anybody without blinders on can realize this. Your point on Cincy is spot on. It’s like that game was just erased and deleted and nothing was learned at all from it, all of 5 days ago. That’s a bad, bad sign.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Lets take stock of this also while we're at it.

This is my point, lol. There is being pissed because we played like a turd - and there is being a moron. And there are lots of morons out tonight.
                                Hi mirror.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X