Wichita State vs. Drake First Four Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs. Drake First Four Game Thread

(11) WICHITA STATE (16-5, 11-2 AAC) vs. (11) DRAKE (25-4, 16-2 MVC)
    WSU +2.5

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP | FIRST FOUR
    THURSDAY, MAR. 18, 2021 | 5:27 P.M. CT
    WEST LAFAYETTE, IND. | MACKEY ARENA
    TV: TBS Streaming https://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/watch
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM (Local) & Westwood One Radio (National)
    https://www.radio.com/keyn/listen

SERIES: WSU leads 104-47
    Last edited by wichshock65; March 18, 2021, 04:19 PM.

Does anybody know if the TBS Streaming is going to work without a cable provider or subscription? I cut the cord last year and don't have access (unless it's free on HBO Max because AT&T owns it all and that is my internet provider).

A couple of years ago on the March Madness app you got 2 or 3 hours of free streaming but they put a timer on it and inserted some ads during the game. Is that still the case? I haven't used it in the last couple of years.

Bottom line - given that the game isn't streaming yet I can't test it and see if it prompts for a cable provider. And I don't see anything indicating the answer on the website.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Comment

I would assume they're going require a cable provider but don't know. If you haven't already exhausted them all...try doing one of those 7-day free trials from one of the apps (YouTube, Sling, etc.) You got an hour Good News! Good luck!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Good News View Post
        Does anybody know if the TBS Streaming is going to work without a cable provider or subscription? I cut the cord last year and don't have access (unless it's free on HBO Max because AT&T owns it all and that is my internet provider).

A couple of years ago on the March Madness app you got 2 or 3 hours of free streaming but they put a timer on it and inserted some ads during the game. Is that still the case? I haven't used it in the last couple of years.

Bottom line - given that the game isn't streaming yet I can't test it and see if it prompts for a cable provider. And I don't see anything indicating the answer on the website.

Still need to have a provider. I'll ask Doc to post his username and password for those who might need to use it.

Comment

I think I used the March Madness app last year and it worked fine. You can even AirDrop it to a smart TV from your phone if possible.

Comment

LFG!!!!!!

Comment

Live Video Stream:

goShockers.com has a Watch Live link to an NCAA video stream.

Here is the link: https://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-l...edirect_to_MML

I don't know that it requires any think else other than opening it up. I didn't see anything to indicate that.

I can watch the Texas Southern and the Mount St. Mary's game from this site on my office computer using the link provided in the thread opening post:

TV: TBS Streaming https://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/watch
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 18, 2021, 04:31 PM.

Comment

If anyone cares or has the same question I did, I just clicked on the Mt. St. Mary's and Texas Southern game - after an ad playing during game play, the stream came on for free with a countdown timer starting at 3 hours.

i.e. - FYI as of right now it looks like you can watch the Shocks for free (with ads potentially during game play, and assuming you don't use up your 3 hour free trial during the first game).

Comment

Comment

If anyone cares or has the same question I did, I just clicked on the Mt. St. Mary's and Texas Southern game - after an ad playing during game play, the stream came on for free with a countdown timer starting at 3 hours.

i.e. - FYI as of right now it looks like you can watch the Shocks for free (with ads potentially during game play, and assuming you don't use up your 3 hour free trial during the first game).
                    I just clicked on the St. Mary's game to see if what would happen. I did not keep watching. Thankfully.

Comment

I’m all for cutting cords, but at some point, someone has to pay for content,

Comment

Comment

ESPN has it at Drake 65.4% to win.

Good luck tonight.
                          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Crack em open LFG

Comment

Go Shox!

Comment

Working...
                              X