No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Drake First Four Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team needs a leader. Is it TE? Is it DD?

Having a players coach means there is even greater importance on a player acting as a leader and keeping everyone accountable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
      Serious question. If AG decided to come back for a 5th+ season, would you want him to come back? Not trying to be funny, serious question.
      some might

Comment

Serious question. If AG decided to come back for a 5th+ season, would you want him to come back? Not trying to be funny, serious question.
        Unless we can get a really good transfer PG I think AG would be our best option to get back to the tournament. Porter and Trevin Wade are not the answer.

Comment

• What a disappointing end to a pretty successful season. Coaching certainly deserves some blame for the way we played offensively tonight, but we also had a pretty good defensive game plan and executed well on that end.

Really I thought it came down to securing rebounds and converting at the FT line. We make 70% of our FTs we win the game. And Drake scored on a couple extra possessions we gave them because we couldn’t just grab the rebound.

I’m as disappointed as anyone with how this month went, but not the season overall. I think if you told us back in November that we’d win the American, beat a top 10 team and play in the tourney we’d all have taken that. But I understand the frustration, we play great for a stretch and then look like the bad news bears long enough to let a team back in it or win like we did tonight. Losing to Drake effing sucks.

I’m excited about the guys we have coming back, and I hope we take that next step in BBIQ and maturity over the next offseason. A lot of film sessions would do us good.

End of rant. Go Shox.

Comment

I have heard he is ready to go make some money playing pro-ball somewhere.

Comment

• Everyone take stock of this thread tonight by the way, so when WSU is a 5-seed next year we can look at how stupid a lot of our entitled-ass fans are.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                Everyone take stock of this thread tonight by the way, so when WSU is a 5-seed next year we can look at how stupid a lot of our entitled-ass fans are.
                LMFAO
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Heres a thought. While in the MVC we were able to recruit 3* athletes that had upside and could develop and become stars in the valley. And occassionaly get some really good players to come to a winning program with a big name coach and know they could walk away with a ring every year and go dancing every year without issues. Now we need 3 and 4* players just to compete for the AAC title and we are not getting them or at least they are not playing to their potential. After tonights game I dont know if we would have been top 5 in conference on a full schedule. So here we sre, low on talent, recruits around the country just watched us play 2 terrible games with a unproven coach and staff in a strong conference. If we dont land some real talent, who can score the ball, we'll never see the top half of conference for the next 10 years. I hope im wrong, but i'm not very confident right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

I’m excited about the guys we have coming back, and I hope we take that next step in BBIQ and maturity over the next offseason. A lot of film sessions would do us good.
                    We didn't see this team grow at all this year. The same thing that plagued them all season continued to plague them to the very end. With all the stop-n-go of the season they had plenty of time for practice and film session. They didn't learn a thing. Case in point, the end game was deja vu from the cincy game. Did they not have film session and discuss end game strategy?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Tyson was obviously taken out of the game by Drake. Udeze did all he could to make up for it. But ultimately, you have to shoot well and hit your FTs to advance in the NCAA tournament. We did neither.

We did pretty well feeding the post, but outside of that, our offense consists of dribbling and passing around the perimeter until someone decides to try and make a play. That didn't start with IB, not by a long shot. But it is disappointing that we were unable to get Tyson some good looks.

Our bench, outside of Monzy's rebounding, gave us nearly nothing. Porter wasn't good and I'm not sure Council had a single positive moment with the ball in his hands.

Udeze had a career game. Dexter had a pretty good game, and so did Wade, IMO. Gilbert was just OK.

On to next season.
                      Thank you for being your usual sane self.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

some might
                        No. But they also have no PG on the roster...again.

Comment

Everyone take stock of this thread tonight by the way, so when WSU is a 5-seed next year we can look at how stupid a lot of our entitled-ass fans are.
                          Eh, we’re all diehards and game threads are always raw. Simply put, we played probably our worst game of the season tonight. Sucks it had to be the last game of the season. IB deserves a full season before the pitchforks come out IMO.

Comment

It works both ways. Your 5 seed prediction is noted.

Comment

• Let me just say,

I’d rather be bummed out with you glorious bastards than happy with any other school or fan base because I’ll always bleed black and yellow baby.

Does the whole Valley throw a banner up for that one?

Ok, post season meltdown and arguing may commence.

Go Shox!

Comment

• AG is too aloof to be trusted as the main PG.

Unfortunately, they don’t have anyone to take the spot from him
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X