NCAA Tournament - WSU vs Drake Pre-Game Predictions and Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• We’ve beaten Drake 11 straight times, as we all know. Leading up to our MVC departure, we dominated it ,all the while calling it out for what it was. A weak conference. Then we left and spent the next several years bashing the Valley mercilessly. If I was a MVC/Drake fan, I would be red eyed with the opportunity to go against the team that left while openly stating that we had outgrown it (we had)......all I’m saying is that we better be ready, cause they sure as hell will be

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

And since you want to inject yourself too, you are a Whiney girl just like Aargh.
        Uhmm wut? You're triggered by +2? Lol

Comment

• who remembers this from back in the day? Six years seems like an eternity ago. But it’s still “all about that drake”

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
            We’ve beaten Drake 11 straight times, as we all know. Leading up to our MVC departure, we dominated it ,all the while calling it out for what it was. A weak conference. Then we left and spent the next several years bashing the Valley mercilessly. If I was a MVC/Drake fan, I would be red eyed with the opportunity to go against the team that left while openly stating that we had outgrown it (we had)......all I’m saying is that we better be ready, cause they sure as hell will be
            I have a hard time seeing either the players or coaches for Drake having any emotional investment in any of these dynamics. Literally none of them had overlap with WSU's time in the MVC. You frame this as fans being red eyed (which I'm sure they are), but why would that have any impact on the teams level of preparation/motivation (as if winning in the NCAAs wouldn't be enough motive to get up for a game)?
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• 24 hours from now we'll be talking about the need for West Lafayette's city sanitation crew to clean up all the goose down filling their streets. Then our attention will take a weird turn to blowing up Trojans. Can't wait!

Shox win tomorrow by 20 and the nation falls in love with TE.

Bank. On. It.

Last edited by wichshock65; March 17, 2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

I have a hard time seeing either the players or coaches for Drake having any emotional investment in any of these dynamics. Literally none of them had overlap with WSU's time in the MVC. You frame this as fans being red eyed (which I'm sure they are), but why would that have any impact on the teams level of preparation/motivation (as if winning in the NCAAs wouldn't be enough motive to get up for a game)?
                We actually probably have more people on our team that actually had an interest in the valley when they were growing up (Porter)

Comment

• Things we need to avoid:

1. Having rebounds ripped out of our hands
                  2. Not getting back on defense
                  3. Taking insanely difficult, off-balanced shots
                  4. Falling in love with quick-trigger 3s

Comment

• I just don’t want to lose to a valley team after all our MVC bashing......it would be a little embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                      I just don’t want to lose to a valley team after all our MVC bashing......it would be a little embarrassing.
                      Win or lose we are in a MUCH better situation now than we ever would’ve been there.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Reading stories that we don't belong in the tournament.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                          Things we need to avoid:

OUTSTANDING assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                            Things we need to avoid:

5. Scoring less points than Drake

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

5. Scoring less points than Drake
                              You forgot the biggest.... HERO BALL!!!

Comment

• I have money on this game. I'm not saying it's a CB guaranteed lock, but we have the edge. If you want to look at a nice trendline, graph the historical W/L between Wichita State and Drake.

Comment

Working...
                                X