Clear All

• NCAA Tournament - WSU vs Drake Pre-Game Predictions and Discussions

Happy they made it in!

TIme to kick some MVC ass!
    The Assman

Shockers will win

happy for the seniors

Comment

Shockers win the play-in game and come up short against USC!!

Comment

We need to play better than we did in the AAC Tournament. More team ball. Less hero ball. Play smart, play hard, play together. Play like trained police dogs, not like feral dogs. Know the difference between come here and sic 'em.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 14, 2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Visit ESPN for Drake Bulldogs live scores, video highlights, and latest news. Find standings and the full 2023-24 season schedule.

Comment

How does Drake's defense compare to all the defensive-minded teams of our conference? Do they have anyone that could cause TE some problems?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              How does Drake's defense compare to all the defensive-minded teams of our conference? Do they have anyone that could cause TE some problems?
              Drake's AdjD on KP is 120. It would be the 2nd worst in the AAC

Comment

Reposting from other thread—-So relieved. Not thrilled with having to play Drake. NCAA tries to make too many statements. I feel the same way about Loyola maybe having to play Illinois in the 2nd round. I’m just relieved that I don’t have to think about the NIT in the least. We had better get focused on only one game. Drake, and the entire Valley, is far more engaged to play WSU than WSU is to play Drake. We haven’t played a complete half of basketball all year. We learned our lessons. Now is the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They won't be as athletic across the board as pretty much anyone either. As bad as USF, Tulane....etc are. They do have some athletes.

Shockers will get shots I think. But will they make them?
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Time to expose that and smoke 'em!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                      Reposting from other thread—-So relieved. Not thrilled with having to play Drake. NCAA tries to make too many statements. I feel the same way about Loyola maybe having to play Illinois in the 2nd round. I’m just relieved that I don’t have to think about the NIT in the least. We had better get focused on only one game. Drake, and the entire Valley, is far more engaged to play WSU than WSU is to play Drake. We haven’t played a complete half of basketball all year. We learned our lessons. Now is the time.
                      At least we have a head coach that has been in the Valley. Right guy to hopefully get our guys' attention
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Have we played an MVC team since we left the Valley?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Time to expose that and smoke 'em!!!!
                          The counter is their offense would be second best in the AAC behind Houston

Comment

The counter is their offense would be second best in the AAC behind Houston
                            Ah...BUT have they seen any AAC level defenses?

Comment

start two 6 foot guards and a huge 6'10" guy

Comment

Working...
                              X