Wichita State vs. Cincinnati Game Thread 3-13-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Whatever tournament we get in, we'll hopefully get a ton of PC pub setting the stage for all the young athletes to sign up with the Shockers and help Coach Brown become a success. To get an idea of what level of commitment and adoration a guy like Brown can garner, look no further than the following video:

These boys will lay down on train tracks for this man. That counts for something.
    Wait a minute... I just noticed the confetti in the video. It was a setup LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I’ll cheer for the Shockers but even winning the NIT just seems meh. No one remembers the NIT besides us die hards. We haven’t been dancing in a few years now and it’s frustrating after all the success.
      i don't disagree with you there. Its been awhile since we've notched a tourney win and it'd be huge for the trajectory of the program.

Comment

• Turning point was TE missing 2 free throws to go up 8 then they came down and scored immediately

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Then why did they play so flat and slow all weekend??

Didn’t really charge into battle
          Peaked too early? Who knows.

What I do know is, Coach Brown ain't no John Wooden. I'm gonna give him a fair shot to get into living rooms and take our recruiting to another level. If he doesn't, he will likely fail. These are the facts.

Take heart: "It's not about the X's and the O's, It's about the Jimmy's and the Joe's".

Don't stop shaving coach!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

Wish they'd learn how to play smart basketball from/for this man.
            Players probably aren't going to play smarter than their coach. We need better and bigger athletes. We will likely always be kinda dumb, but we can also be ferocious, fast, and large. There's a couple different ways to skin a cat. CB wants his Lunker! Let's sign some burger boys and roll the ball out like they do at Memphis. I mean, that's our only option at this point from where I'm standing.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Players probably aren't going to play smarter than their coach. We need better and bigger athletes. We will likely always be kinda dumb, but we can also be ferocious, fast, and large. There's a couple different ways to skin a cat. CB wants his Lunker! Let's sign some burger boys and roll the ball out like they do at Memphis. I mean, that's our only option at this point from where I'm standing.
              Then you're gonna be sorely disappointed.

Comment

• We picked a poor time to miss free throws and have double digit turnovers. Incredibly disappointing tournament.

Comment

• You better hope Houston wins the tournament cause if either of the other two teams win the NCAA is toast for us.
                  "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Then you're gonna be sorely disappointed.
                    Don't say that please. I'm quietly hopeful.

I think coach brown is gonna take that lazy, country accent of his down south and bring us a couple real specimens. I mean some legit, raw dog Lunkers with hands as big as catcher mitts, knuckles that drag the ground, asses the size of a Chevy Impala trunk, and tiny, tiny RDR-approved calves filled with solid rocket fuel.

I'm getting aroused just thinking about it.

Comment

• My meter may need recalibrated...am I detecting cold sarcasm?

Comment

• The meltdown by some of you is worse than our players today.

Comment

• Let a team as crappy as Cincinnati hang around long enough and for enough times, and they will eventually get lucky. Cincinnati is a terrible team, but today we were worse.

IF we get to the tournament, I hope this team learns to play hard the entire game and not leave it up to a last second shot to bail them out

Comment

• We have had very little wiggle room to dance. We have done way better than expected overall this Season. Now our destiny is in lots of other peoples hands and pending. Hoping for the best still for these Shocks. If Houston wins the finals, we should get in?
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• It will be really disappointing if Houston beats these guys by 20+

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                                So ****ing tired of both losing to Cincinnati and losing in the semifinals of this tournament
                                losing to Cincy in the semis of this tournament...

Comment

Working...
                                X