Wichita State vs. Cincinnati Game Thread 3-13-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
    Turning point was TE missing 2 free throws to go up 8 then they came down and scored immediately
    Yes!!!felt it at the time!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      We have had very little wiggle room to dance. We have done way better than expected overall this Season. Now our destiny is in lots of other peoples hands and pending. Hoping for the best still for these Shocks. If Houston wins the finals, we should get in?
      If Houston wins the tourney I think we are in. Probably First Four though.

Wouldn't hurt to cheer for San Diego St, Colorado and ugh ..... Creighton...

Comment

• Among other things I think a lack of an impact frontline player was a problem this season...the backcourt had to be at center stage all the time. This year was special due to all that went on. Next year is when we get a better idea of how well IB can lead the program. Actually the NIT might be a nice option for the team to grow a bit. If Gilbert comes back, WSU could be better next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
          Among other things I think a lack of an impact frontline player was a problem this season...the backcourt had to be at center stage all the time. This year was special due to all that went on. Next year is when we get a better idea of how well IB can lead the program. Actually the NIT might be a nice option for the team to grow a bit. If Gilbert comes back, WSU could be better next year.
          Id be ok with taking KUs bid and seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            Let a team as crappy as Cincinnati hang around long enough and for enough times, and they will eventually get lucky. Cincinnati is a terrible team, but today we were worse.

IF we get to the tournament, I hope this team learns to play hard the entire game and not leave it up to a last second shot to bail them out
            cincinnati was quite underwhelming. wsu point guard play was d-2/juco level, giving cinci just enough light. i don't understand how gilbert didn't switch gears and decide to involve the team.. move the ball.. show some slight of direction. but then again, etienne didn't wrap himself in glory either.

they looked like an nit team, hate to say.

and: please get another front court player that can contribute. asap asap asap

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If Houston wins the tourney I think we are in. Probably First Four though.

Wouldn't hurt to cheer for San Diego St, Colorado and ugh ..... Creighton...
              We better hope all those teams win. It's going to take more than Houston's help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                It will be really disappointing if Houston beats these guys by 20+
                Since Cincinnasty played an extra game, it's quite likely.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Didn't play that well but if we make 70% free throws we win. Bad time to go 50% from the line.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Got bit by are two bugaboos. Rebounding and free throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                      Got bit by are two bugaboos. Rebounding and free throws.
                      Both are direct indications of coaching.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Both are direct indications of coaching.
                        Can't disagree there. I also tend too think we were a little gassed from having to use soooo much energy to beat South Florida yesterday. And...I also tend to think Coach Brown went a little easier on the kids this year due to all the turmoil before the season, winning the kids over as the interm, and of course the stupid covid thing.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Can't disagree there. I also tend too think we were a little gassed from having to use soooo much energy to beat South Florida yesterday. And...I also tend to think Coach Brown went a little easier on the kids this year due to all the turmoil before the season, winning the kids over as the interm, and of course the stupid covid thing.
                          However, both teams had tough games yesterday. And Cincy had far more Covid issues than we did during the season.

Comment

• How does one game poor FT shooting performance translate to bad coaching? It's not like they're statistically a poor FT shooting team.

Comment

• TE needs to shoot make 1000 FTs a day this off season.

He wants to be like Damian Liliard, well then he better start shootings closer to 90% from the line than 70%
                              The Assman

Comment

• I agree with the missed FTS by Etienne and the quick score by CINCINNATI, four point turnaround. Been that way pretty much all year. Houston needs to win out.

Comment

Working...
                                X