No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Cincinnati Game Thread 3-13-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With their talent, they should be light years better, IMO. That comes down to coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Ok, I had to take a break after that loss yesterday. Tough. Funny cause that was the one matchup I wasn't too worried about. Am I the only one who suffers from "Shocker Loss Depression Syndrome"? Wife told me I'm acting like an idiot. Yep, she's right.

He hoping like hell we make it to the dance. But I guess, if I'm being honest, there are worse things than being to seed to the NIT. My biggest hope is that yesterday woke our Shockers up and now they realize that if you want to win, play inspired like we did against Houston. Next game will be telling.

Now, GO SHOCKS!
      I was right there with you 65. My wife thought I was going to blow a gasket. I was sure that we were going to the NIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        Memphis is the one team that really made WSU look bad this year. Following that game they split with SMU and ran roughshod over their remaining schedule then they played two great games against Houston.

We’re really trying to tear down Penny? They started slow, sure, but so did a lot of teams.

I wasn’t high on the hire either but he looks to have them headed the right direction so I’m willing to either admit I was wrong or at least wait and see how the next couple of years go. Not the time to double down, IMO.
        It would seem that as long as Penny is there they will attract a pretty high level of recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

That point refutes zero from what I said.
          Who cares if you think it’s prestigious? No one does (except maybe several Houston and a few Memphis fans) and even fewer will care in 5 years. There is no asterisk and our players are proud. Good for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            • 16 shots from Gilbert is probably too many. How did he miss that layup after the steal?
            • Speaking of free throws, Dexter took 2 all weekend. That’s not enough. We need him to be more aggressive.
            • Tyson and Gilbert forced too much during moments where we needed a bucket. At least try to get an open look somewhere vs going one on one and shooting a contested off balance jumper. If that’s the best we can do at the end of the shot clock then so be it. At least then we can crash the boards because everyone knows the shot is going up.
            AG should attack the basket against Drake and dish to Mo if open. They can’t be used to someone as quick as he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              With their talent, they should be light years better, IMO. That comes down to coaching.
              I remember the undefeated season and a 1 seed in the tourney. I also remember Kentucky being the 8 seed in that bracket. Kentucky had been pretty bad at the beginning of the season and racked up some losses. By tourney time, Kentucky was a very solid team. That tends to happen when a team consistently relies on Fr and So.

Memphis is playing a lot better now than when they got the losses that put them in the NIT.

Speaking of Memphis, I can't find their overall rank among the 1 seeds. Virginia and KU are both on covid protocol and may not be able to get 7 consecutive negatives for everybody prior to their tourney games. If KU can't play and Memphis is at the top of the NIT 1 seeds left at that time, wouldn't Memphis take over KU's 2 seed in the NCAA tourney?
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I remember the undefeated season and a 1 seed in the tourney. I also remember Kentucky being the 8 seed in that bracket. Kentucky had been pretty bad at the beginning of the season and racked up some losses. By tourney time, Kentucky was a very solid team. That tends to happen when a team consistently relies on Fr and So.

Memphis is playing a lot better now than when they got the losses that put them in the NIT.

Speaking of Memphis, I can't find their overall rank among the 1 seeds. Virginia and KU are both on covid protocol and may not be able to get 7 consecutive negatives for everybody prior to their tourney games. If KU can't play and Memphis is at the top of the NIT 1 seeds left at that time, wouldn't Memphis take over KU's 2 seed in the NCAA tourney?
                No. Because they aren't among the first four out. They got a 1 seed because of the teams like Louisville who opted out of the NIT

Only those 4 teams can be used as alternates for conferences with multiple bids.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Whoa, whoa, whoa. WE didn't avoid anything. SMU has no one but themselves to blame for missing our 2 scheduled games. They and Memphis managed not to play us while we sat around for 12 days with no games. Penny, himself, turned down an AAC proposal to play us. Lastly, we split with Houston. So we TIED Houston and fellow top conference mates put the Cougars BEHIND us. You're also assuming those conference mates would win. Prestigious or not, we did not fail our obligations. OUR players did everything they could to see that they would be able to play a full conference schedule. There was more to this season that just winning on the court. There was also making sure you are there to play. I will not short change OUR players for doing their part when other team's players did not.
                  This.... all of it... nothing to apologize for...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Memphis is not in the last 4 out, so I don't see the scenario where their number will be called.

KU not a risk of missing tournament.

Virginia is another matter as their who team is in quarantine due to contact tracing. But if a team is to be replaced it has to happen by Tuesday. So unless Virginia has a bunch of players test positive tomorrow and it looks like they can't field at least 5 players, it not likely anybody will be replaced.

Comment

Working...
                    X