Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Sorry if these have been asked before.

1) What do you think of RC4 minutes played vs line? 8 minutes, 3-3 FG, 1-1 3pt, 1 assist, 7 points.

2) Should RC4 have been in the final lineup?

3) With 8.4 left, did we spend too much time getting the ball to AG?

4) With 8.4 left, should we have use a 2 seconds to get the ball up the court and called time?

5) Shouldn't ETN and AG be on opposite sides of the court? There were 4 Cincy players around ETN and AG.

6) We didn't need a 3. A 2 pointer would win. Drawing a foul would most likely win. We took a wild, long 3 pointer.
    I was right in line with rim... it was as close as any shot comes to going in that misses.

The big miss from a coaching standpoint was not realizing we had a ton of fouls to give with about five minutes left. We really should have amped up pressure trying to steal and not worrying about fouling on multiple defensive possessions late.

College basketball coaches should never get to the end of a game needing to commit four fouls. Especially by playing straight up defense in a close game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Sorry if these have been asked before.

1) What do you think of RC4 minutes played vs line? 8 minutes, 3-3 FG, 1-1 3pt, 1 assist, 7 points.

2) Should RC4 have been in the final lineup?

3) With 8.4 left, did we spend too much time getting the ball to AG?

4) With 8.4 left, should we have use a 2 seconds to get the ball up the court and called time?

5) Shouldn't ETN and AG be on opposite sides of the court? There were 4 Cincy players around ETN and AG.

6) We didn't need a 3. A 2 pointer would win. Drawing a foul would most likely win. We took a wild, long 3 pointer.
      #5 Since AG and TE were on the left side of the court and both were covered, guess what? DD was uncovered by about 10' on the other side. AG was going to take the shot the moment he got his hands on the ball. He was never going to look for an open shooter. Sorry, but that's the way he plays the game.

#3 Oh, hell yeah.

All of the above - The moment the ball got into AG's hands, he was going to be shooting a 3 to win the game. AG is very good at following FVV's advice, "bet on yourself". Unlike FVV, AG probably shouldn't go to Vegas with that bet.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
        Among other things I think a lack of an impact frontline player was a problem this season...the backcourt had to be at center stage all the time. This year was special due to all that went on. Next year is when we get a better idea of how well IB can lead the program. Actually the NIT might be a nice option for the team to grow a bit. If Gilbert comes back, WSU could be better next year.
        you think Gilbert makes the shot next time?

Comment

• Tyson went 4-11, PGAG went 6-16. Couldn't watch the game but guessing a shitload of those were bad shots

Comment

• We have lived with winning down to the last possession all year long. We died by it this game. Sad for the team and all of us fans but I think everyone on this board felt like the "LUCK" would run out on this Cinderella season at some point. Go Shocks

Comment

• Bottom line is we can b!tch and moan all we want about this or that. End of the day this team was picked 7th in the league with absolutely zero expectations. They came out and won the regular season outright. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat all year with no bad losses. Cincy won the game yesterday and that’s how the chips fell. The Shox have done everything they needed to do to get an at large in my opinion. I doubt the idiot “experts” and metric dweebs will see it that way, but it’s reality. Regardless, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this team compete all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                Bottom line is we can b!tch and moan all we want about this or that. End of the day this team was picked 7th in the league with absolutely zero expectations. They came out and won the regular season outright. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat all year with no bad losses. Cincy won the game yesterday and that’s how the chips fell. The Shox have done everything they needed to do to get an at large in my opinion. I doubt the idiot “experts” and metric dweebs will see it that way, but it’s reality. Regardless, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this team compete all year.
                At large or not ...we get to hang a Conference championship banner ... That's something we haven't done in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

At large or not ...we get to hang a Conference championship banner ... That's something we haven't done in a while.
                  Uh I’d take a 5th place finish and NCAA bid over a regular season championship based on 13 games with no NCAA.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I’ll cheer for the Shockers but even winning the NIT just seems meh. No one remembers the NIT besides us die hards. We haven’t been dancing in a few years now and it’s frustrating after all the success.
                    We've missed ONE tournament.

Since 2011 we've missed 2 tournaments and those 2 years we won the NIT and went to the Final 4 of the NIT. In that time we've danced as much as all but about a dozen programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

We've missed ONE tournament.

Since 2011 we've missed 2 tournaments and those 2 years we won the NIT and went to the Final 4 of the NIT. In that time we've danced as much as all but about a dozen programs.
                      Thanks for being the voice of reason, Doc.

Given the turmoil of last spring and last fall it's damn near a miracle we're at the point of sweating an NCAA bid. Have we become so spoiled as a fan base that some will refuse to watch WSU in an NIT game?

I really hope that was just the disappointment so soon after yesterday's game and not a reasoned choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Given the turmoil of last spring and last fall it's damn near a miracle we're at the point of sweating an NCAA bid. Have we become so spoiled as a fan base that some will refuse to watch WSU in an NIT game?

I really hope that was just the disappointment so soon after yesterday's game and not a reasoned choice.
                        Yep.

The realist that I am recognizes that if we end up in the NIT that would be exactly where we were the last time there was post season play, but the biggest difference would be this time we have a banner to hang (for the regular season).

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Agree with you both.

Lots of brats out.

The loss was pretty brutal, but there is no reason right now to be so doom and gloom long term.

The “we hired wrong coach” crowd is about as bad as this board can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

And it will be the first AAC Conference Championship bannner any of WSU's men's programs will have hung.
                            The Shocks have a volleyball, women's XC and women's outdoor Track & Field Championship since joining the AAC.
                            Conference championships don't come nearly so easily in the AAC as they did in the Valley. Another reason this is such an accomplishment for HCIB.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 14, 2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Will I watch NIT games? Yes.

Does rhe NIT excite me in the least and make me feel good about the program? No.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I’ve calmed down after the loss yesterday. Very upsetting loss. With all this covid crap for the last year, could really use a nice positive boost. I digress, definitely will be watching the NIT and yes ya’ll
                                made some really points.

Comment

Working...
                                X