Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, I have never heard that much noise from that size of crowd. It was an awesome experience. Unfortunately my voice is trashed even today. I sound like a teenager going through puberty when I call my dogs......lol.
    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

$30 for Upper Reserved and $45 for Lower Reserved? Yeah, that's probably a bit high...as evidenced by less than half-full arena on a Friday night and a Sunday afternoon.
      So $30 per session ($15 per game) $45 per session ($22.50 per game) is expensive? How much for a ticket to a Shocker game? Man, I must have been in Dallas too long. I can barely get decent seats to a Rangers game for that (and they suck). Forget a Mavs game or a Stars game. And if you want to talk about a more semi-pro setting I can get standing room ONLY for $15 a game to the Frisco Roughriders baseball game. Hell, costs more for a dinner and a movie.

I mean what is not expensive to one may be expensive to another...so I get that.

But I don't think it is unreasonable at all for what it is.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

So $30 per session ($15 per game) $45 per session ($22.50 per game) is expensive? How much for a ticket to a Shocker game? Man, I must have been in Dallas too long. I can barely get decent seats to a Rangers game for that (and they suck). Forget a Mavs game or a Stars game. And if you want to talk about a more semi-pro setting I can get standing room ONLY for $15 a game to the Frisco Roughriders baseball game. Hell, costs more for a dinner and a movie.

I mean what is not expensive to one may be expensive to another...so I get that.

One could have spent ~$40 on upper level GA tickets to watch all three Aftershocks games this week. That doesn’t even consider additional 3 other games that are included in the same session.

I doubt there is anywhere in the country you could watch 6 games, 3 of which involve some of the players from your favorite home town team, for $40.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

All valid points, and as you said, what is expensive to me might not be expensive to another.

It just seems like the department can be overly unbashful about cash grabs. I remember a couple years ago when we played Southern Miss at Intrust after a good run of some big-name opponents (Tennessee, Utah, Oklahoma State, OU), rather than acknowledging the lower-marquee name and lowering prices a bit, the prices were exactly identical to past years. Attendance was 9300 instead of 15,000. Now, it's not like they would have sold all of the upper baseline seats even if prices were $5-10 (for example), but at the time, it just reeked of "We are going to charge $_____ because we can."

Also, with TBT, yes, there are two games in a session, which I suppose can justify a bit more of a charge, but in no way did I consider my purchase as watching the other game as well. I was there to watch the AfterShocks only.

Again, I'm a little more frugal, so I am not necessarily representative of the fanbase as a whole.
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            There's obviously going to be a good crowd.

Wichita loves basketball. It's the only game in town.
            Not the only game. Every other Friday I make it to the best poker game around.

Comment

• My two cents as a NBA upper level season ticket holder. Those prices are reasonable. If you can't afford it, understood. But it's ironic that we are discussing relatively cheap entertainment expenses in the same thread as recognizing the need for upgraded facilities. Something's gotta give, and it may not be just the rich former ball players. Otherwise, we'd have them pay all expenses and just feel entitled to go for free.

I understand the difference between NBA, Shocker ball, and TBT... but, economics is the same. Facility upgrades cost. Someone has to pay that and some can't. But don't lament the cost of your entertainment or you may find yourself without any.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Was wondering who he was. I stood at the urinal next to Joe Pleasant after the game. And to answer your question, no I didn't.
                Cold would've asked to hold it for him
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• They released the final contract for Coach Brown. It's 14 pages and the last page has all the incentives. Looks like the contract was signed on July 21.

Link to open records request and pdf of contract - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1710/
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                    They released the final contract for Coach Brown. It's 14 pages and the last page has all the incentives. Looks like the contract was signed on July 21.

Link to open records request and pdf of contract - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1710/
                    Wonder what was redacted in that very first paragraph lol. I get redacting the signatures later, but struggling with what that might be

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder what was redacted in that very first paragraph lol. I get redacting the signatures later, but struggling with what that might be
                      I don't know but my guess would be his home address because they have WSU's address in that paragraph.

Also, it's nice to see them redacting the signatures. Seems like they just started doing it and it's a good idea because no one wants their signature out there for anyone to see and copy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I don't know but my guess would be his home address because they have WSU's address in that paragraph.

Also, it's nice to see them redacting the signatures. Seems like they just started doing it and it's a good idea because no one wants their signature out there for anyone to see and copy.
                        I thought address .. but it's such a small section ... 1845 Fairmount (which isn't a long address) takes up nearly a complete line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I thought address .. but it's such a small section ... 1845 Fairmount (which isn't a long address) takes up nearly a complete line.
                          Good point. Maybe his full name (first middle last) is there instead.

Comment

• They probably felt compelled to list his pronouns — he, him, his. I have been receiving email from some WSU folks related to work, and they all have pronouns these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              They probably felt compelled to list his pronouns — he, him, his. I have been receiving email from some WSU folks related to work, and they all have pronouns these days.
                              To me, that's the first clue to serious mental disease. If you feel the need to list or identify your pronouns, you have too many problems for me to tackle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                                They probably felt compelled to list his pronouns — he, him, his. I have been receiving email from some WSU folks related to work, and they all have pronouns these days.
                                Those can be confusing enough in today's world.

Comment

Working...
                                X