No announcement yet.

Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning that percentage in the AAC is going to be a lot tougher than in the MVC.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I wasn't exactly sure where to put this post. Could have put it on the TBT thread but it is about more than just the TBT. The TBT is just the vehicle that created the environment for this to happen.

RH: TBT Brings Shocker Generations Together

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/7/1...-together.aspx

Also important is the reunion of around 40 former Shockers and the interactions with the current team. Several of the AfterShocks, such as Frankamp, Hannah and Rashard Kelly, are thriving overseas. NBA experience is plentiful from sources such as AfterShocks general manager Ron Baker and Toronto's Fred VanVleet. Landry Shamet, who plays for the New Jersey Nets, and former NBA player Cleanthony Early, are also expected to attend.

Members of the 1965 Final Four team are on the guest list for a pre-game reception, joining a few from the MTXE era of the 1980's, and many recent Shockers.

Comment

• I was thinking this weekend how great it would be to have this every year. One, it keeps Shocker alumni involved and a part of the family. Two, it has to be great for current players to be around guys who are having or have had success at the highest levels, be it the NBA or elsewhere. It also can't hurt potential recruiting of local kids or Sunrise kids if they should be in the area and get to interact with some of these guys. Plus, it's great for the city and fan base. I hope this becomes an annual thing with the TBT.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I was thinking this weekend how great it would be to have this every year. One, it keeps Shocker alumni involved and a part of the family. Two, it has to be great for current players to be around guys who are having or have had success at the highest levels, be it the NBA or elsewhere. It also can't hurt potential recruiting of local kids or Sunrise kids if they should be in the area and get to interact with some of these guys. Plus, it's great for the city and fan base. I hope this becomes an annual thing with the TBT.
          I was really hoping we would have a recruit or two there .. i don't know the rules, maybe it's not legal at this time of year. You really couldn't ask for a better setup to woo a recruit especially if Fred, Landry, Cle, Tekele and all them are there also.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I was thinking this weekend how great it would be to have this every year. One, it keeps Shocker alumni involved and a part of the family. Two, it has to be great for current players to be around guys who are having or have had success at the highest levels, be it the NBA or elsewhere. It also can't hurt potential recruiting of local kids or Sunrise kids if they should be in the area and get to interact with some of these guys. Plus, it's great for the city and fan base. I hope this becomes an annual thing with the TBT.
            Excellent point! This TBT has been fun. It is also very affordable if you purchase the single session tickets. Fill the Roundhouse on Tuesday! Tickets are half price!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I was really hoping we would have a recruit or two there .. i don't know the rules, maybe it's not legal at this time of year. You really couldn't ask for a better setup to woo a recruit especially if Fred, Landry, Cle, Tekele and all them are there also.
              They don't have to be official visits. Just some kids going to watch some basketball and happen to run into former players, a few having NBA experience. Nothing you can do about that...
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Excellent point! This TBT has been fun. It is also very affordable if you purchase the single session tickets. Fill the Roundhouse on Tuesday! Tickets are half price!
                I'll be there with a group of 10 I think. I have another friend who's the ringleader in organizing this. I know there will be five adults, I'm just not sure how many kids will be joining us. I'm guessing at least four, and possibly seven.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

You bet.

Give 'em a seat right between Dex and FVV. They can sit anywhere they want.

Comment

• Was HCIB even at CKA yesterday? I didn't see him on TV. I figured he was at The K for Shocker Day along with administrators and staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                      Was HCIB even at CKA yesterday? I didn't see him on TV. I figured he was at The K for Shocker Day along with administrators and staff.
                      Might have been recruiting too
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Might have been recruiting too
                        Most probably.

A perfect opportunity to pump up the Roundhouse, live, and in a recruits living room. "Oh, look, there's FVV!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Most probably.

A perfect opportunity to pump up the Roundhouse, live, and in a recruits living room. "Oh, look, there's FVV!"
                          This time of year, said recruiting might be taking place at summer tournaments instead of recruits' homes. But sure, there could still be some of those kinds of comments when conversing with recruits.
                          78-65

Comment

• Could have sworn I saw him on TV yesterday. But I might be mistaken.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Might have had prior commitments

Comment

Might have had prior commitments

Help me out with the two players that were there with him. Saw them both at CKA on Friday, but for the life of me i couldnt come up with names.
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X