X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

Help me out with the two players that were there with him. Saw them both at CKA on Friday, but for the life of me i couldnt come up with names.
    I am not 100% certain but I believe the taller player in the grey shirt is Matt McFarlane and the player in the yellow shirt is Joe Pleasant.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 19, 2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Yes, McFarlane and Pleasant. And I am fairly certain I saw a TBT pic with HCIB standing alongside some of the players in the crown. Not sure if it was Fridays or Sundays game though.

Comment

• HCIB was there for sure Friday. I didnt see him Sunday but that doesnt mean he wasnt there.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Was wondering who he was. I stood at the urinal next to Joe Pleasant after the game. And to answer your question, no I didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Was wondering who he was. I stood at the urinal next to Joe Pleasant after the game. And to answer your question, no I didn't.
            You would have lost the contest…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Take this for what it's worth. I saw on the internet (first reason to doubt it) that the announcer at today's game said (second reason to question the accuracy) that 4,000 tickets to Tuesday's game were sold today.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                Take this for what it's worth. I saw on the internet (first reason to doubt it) that the announcer at today's game said (second reason to question the accuracy) that 4,000 tickets to Tuesday's game were sold today.

i saw the same thing. Hope it’s true. It would be nice to fill CKA again.

Comment

• There's obviously going to be a good crowd.

Wichita loves basketball. It's the only game in town.

Comment

Take this for what it's worth. I saw on the internet (first reason to doubt it) that the announcer at today's game said (second reason to question the accuracy) that 4,000 tickets to Tuesday's game were sold today.
                    WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – As of 5 p.m. on Monday, around 4,500 tickets have been sold for the Aftershocks third round game Tuesday night at Koch Arena. Around 3,800 attended Sundays game.

Comment

I wonder why they discounted Tuesday's tickets so early? Maybe they thought it would be a tough sell on a weeknight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I wonder why they discounted Tuesday's tickets so early? Maybe they thought it would be a tough sell on a weeknight?
                        Not to mention that prices were too expensive from the get-go. Hopefully, they remember this for next year and price accordingly. Stop charging larger amounts just because you think you can...because you can’t.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Not to mention that prices were too expensive from the get-go. Hopefully, they remember this for next year and price accordingly. Stop charging larger amounts just because you think you can...because you can’t.
                          $15 is too expensive for 2 games?
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

$15 is too expensive for 2 games?
                            $30 for Upper Reserved and $45 for Lower Reserved? Yeah, that's probably a bit high...as evidenced by less than half-full arena on a Friday night and a Sunday afternoon.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

$30 for Upper Reserved and $45 for Lower Reserved? Yeah, that's probably a bit high...as evidenced by less than half-full arena on a Friday night and a Sunday afternoon.
                              I don’t think that is the only or even the main reason. I know we got all session passes in 2019 but didn’t this year due to other commitments. It is the middle of summer after all.

Besides, the crowds at the AfterShocks games have been awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I don’t think that is the only or even the main reason. I know we got all session passes in 2019 but didn’t this year due to other commitments. It is the middle of summer after all.

Besides, the crowds at the AfterShocks games have been awesome.
                                Right! I don't know if that it's just been so long (last years pandemic crowds)...but man...the crowd on TV sounded every bit of 10k plus. Super LOUD!!!

FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X