Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
    Is it my fault you want HCIB to fail epically so you all can run on here and cry about how Boatright pulled the trigger too fast and needs to be fired as the AD? Your hate for an AD shouldn’t be so strong to the point where you want HCIB to fail, it’s bad for the program in general. I had to put that out there because I felt no one else would say it.
    Your reading comprehension obviously leaves a lot to be desired as absolutely nobody here wants IB to fail. There are a lot of people who have legit and logical concerns about him and have issues with how the process went. Those have been articulated quite well by many on here and if you're incapable of actually seeing that, it's on you.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Ban this clown. This schtick is old and does nothing to further the discussion.
      If furthering the dixcussion becomes part of the criteria for making a post I won't be allowed to in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Your reading comprehension obviously leaves a lot to be desired as absolutely nobody here wants IB to fail. There are a lot of people who have legit and logical concerns about him and have issues with how the process went. Those have been articulated quite well by many on here and if you're incapable of actually seeing that, it's on you.
        My reading comprehension is just fine, what we’re not going to do is insult each other’s intelligence just because of a simple disagreement.

Of course no one will openly admit they want HCIB to fail, and a lot of the criticism they have about his ability as a Head coach are probably valid, I just find it odd how short of a leash a lot of posters on here are willing to give him, he took a team that was predicted to be 7th place, during a pandemic and facing all types adversity and won the conference. He loses the 1st game of the tournament now all the sudden he’s not fit for the job? Was Gregg Marshall not fit for the job back when he lost the 1st round of the tournament to vcu and the next year ended up taking us to the final 4? Give this man a chance to prove himself.
        Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
          Is it my fault you want HCIB to fail epically so you all can run on here and cry about how Boatright pulled the trigger too fast and needs to be fired as the AD? Your hate for an AD shouldn’t be so strong to the point where you want HCIB to fail, it’s bad for the program in general. I had to put that out there because I felt no one else would say it.
          You are moronic if you think people want him to fail. What would be the point of that? To make Boatright look bad? He doesn’t need any help in that department.

IB inherited a lot of Marshall’s work. All he had to do was some tweaking to ensure they didn’t finish 7th. Did they do better than I thought? Of course. Would that have happened with or without IB/Marshall? Yah probably. I feel IB never made any adjustments throughout the year or during games. His sub patterns were odd and some players were given abnormally long leashes when they played like absolute ****. There were several repeats of history, sometimes in short spans, where the exact same situations happened and failed.. Cincy and Drake.

There are things to like and not like about the hire. People said that one of the positives was to keep players here. I guess we’ll see how that shakes out. But to act like the guy can’t be critiqued is ridiculous. There are for more questions than answers and people have a right to express that.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Boatright absolutely pulled the trigger too fast. It may yet work out, and I hope it does

Comment

• Brown exceeded expectations no doubt. But to think this 3G team was ever going to finish 7th with 3G at the helm...NO.

Comment

• I supported IB's hiring, and I disagree with those that have criticized it. But we can disagree about something without assuming ill intentions. I have never gotten the impression from anyone critical of IB's hiring that they actually want him to fail.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That is because Marshall reloaded with a CLE. There also was those new frosh of Fred & Ron.

I do look forward to what happens with recruiting this off-season. If HCIB can somehow swing 1 or 2 big recruits, some of the chirping will subside.
                  Yep! Cle was the juice behind the final four and undefeated season. Add in two future NBA players and pow, no wonder we were so good. Anyways, I love Fred and Ron, but if we start hanging banners again, Cle goes up first. Honestly, we haven't been the same program without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                    Brown exceeded expectations no doubt. But to think this 3G team was ever going to finish 7th with 3G at the helm...NO.
                    If Marshall were still the coach, I don't think our team would have finished 7th either. But I'm not sure we would have finished 1st. I can think of one game (the overtime game on the road?) that we won because IB had us go zone. Would Marshall have done that? Maybe, maybe not.

Comment

• Last coaches show of the season tonight at 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Last coaches show of the season tonight at 6.
                        Please keep us ones that aren’t able to listen updated on any need to know info :)

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post

Please keep us ones that aren’t able to listen updated on any need to know info :)
                          I probably won't listen. Just wanted to provide info for anyone interested.

Comment

• Said he would like to see if they could get Drake on the schedule next year. Not sure if that is serious or just a throw away line.

Comment

• Free throws already discussed in first segment... yes, they shoot a lot of them in practice.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Free throws already discussed in first segment...
                                He said his Mom asked him if they practiced free throws.

Comment

Working...
                                X