No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Temple Game Thread 2-7-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hook on Dex was bad. The late block on TW looked like a charge to me but I wanted some replay. Same with CJax's flop. I wanted replay from other angles. I thought the officiating sucked, but then I hate the "let em play" BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antoinescar View Post

Gonna get an at large unlike us
      Doubt it. They have a terrible SOS and barely beat Illinois State the other night. Valparaiso should have won both games against Drake.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I certainly have to agree with you on this. That strategy made no sense to me. Who cares if they score a 2 point bucket. We were up by 3. Saw another dumb play just like at USF. Why do we guard a player going to the cup for a layup with less than 30 seconds in the game we are leading by 4. They always make a layup and we get a foul. Just real dumb. I forget who made a similar dumb play at USF. I think it was TE. Leading by 4 and we foul a 3 point shooter. Some of these guys just need to pull their heads out. Basketball IQ is underrated.
        They weren’t supposed to guard the paint. The coaching staff was yelling at the players the entire time (monzy was for sure supposed to stay at the three point line).

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

This is the biggest problem IMHO. And it isn't just a PG problem. Guys aren't getting any separation in half court off-ball.
          A good point guard would pull the ball to the top and setup a motion play to occur. We just get motion from the wings and the point untill one of the guards decides to try to drive.
          the motion is terrible. Fred used to make sure the team ran plays, the coaches made sure the team knew and ran the motion plays. Fred would also setup the set plays as the shot clock ran down.
          I see none of that from any of our point guards. There is a reason some are called the coach on the floor. I've never heard that term used for AG. I believe porter may be that guy in time. Just wish it was now.

Comment

• Sometimes I think sports journalism is not as strong as it used to be.

Wichita State wins battle against the birds, 70-67. The 11-4 Wichita State Shockers held on to get the best of the 4-7 Temple Owls in Sunday action.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'”

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Our bench was bad today. And I think we can safely put away the “Play Bilau, how much worse could he be” talk? Oh, he could be much, much worse. Good to see Dec hit some threes. We need that

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                Sometimes I think sports journalism is not as strong as it used to be.

Wichita State wins battle against the birds, 70-67. The 11-4 Wichita State Shockers held on to get the best of the 4-7 Temple Owls in Sunday action.
                Very disappointed you can’t post comments on that page. That would have been some good fun.

Comment

Anybody else find it hilarious that the American is a one bid league and the valley will get 2? Lmao
                  I’ll bet your POS car that the American will receive more bids than the Valley.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Gonna get an at large unlike us
                    Lmfao
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

loyola is the best team in the valley. They will sweep drake
                      LOLoyola ain’t getting an at large either, broski.

I bet you were chomping at the bit for the WSU L today. Sorry we didn’t oblige. Nice to see you wasting a day away at an AAC message board. I don’t blame ya. The Valley is irrelevant.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Anyone know when the Hesston and Friends U games will be played?
                        This turd ain’t a Valley fan. This loser has Chickenhawk written all over him. How are those losers doing anyway? LMFAO
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                          Sometimes I think sports journalism is not as strong as it used to be.

Destined to be hired at the New York Times or the Washington Post.

Comment

• Did anyone mention that Trey Wade had very nice game yesterday. In spite of Tyson I was kind of surprised that MIke and Dave didn't choose him for star of the game.
                            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                              Did anyone mention that Trey Wade had very nice game yesterday. In spite of Tyson I was kind of surprised that MIke and Dave didn't choose him for star of the game.
                              I thought Trey might have been chosen as well. His best game this year. For all the complaints about the game last night we had 4 guys in double figures for scoring and only had 9 turnovers. Mo had 7 rebounds. I watched the game last night after I got home. I thought we played pretty well. We did have some early 3s by Monzy and Rickey but the guys continue to find a way to win.

Comment

• Trey had a good game for Trey, but that's the type of game we need from him every time. 12 points from the 4 spot should be expected, but certainly is not Player of the Game worthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X