No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. UCF Game Thread 1-30-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. UCF Knights NCAAM game from January 30, 2021 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

PG AG w 7 assists, 4 steals, 4 TO's. It is what it is

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401264297

PG AG w 7 assists, 4 steals, 4 TO's. It is what it is
      I’m not sure exactly what you’re point is but Gilbert wasn’t great but he hit two big FT’s at the end of the game. The only person who had a great game was CJ. Tyson gave us a shot in the arm with his 2nd half shooting. Otherwise we were meh. Our rebounding was bad. Our inside defense is non-existent.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You are what your record says you are.
        So the Shocks are pretty good....9-4...2nd in the league...

they are FAR from polished or complete but they ARE 2nd in the league at the moment... hopefully they will build...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          You can murder someone, as long as you make a legitimate play on the ball.
          The interpretation or enforcement of the rule has gradually been moving in that direction for several years.

Comment

• Didn't it seem that Lou was doing more coaching that IB or BK?

Comment

• Today was a fun game to watch and a nail biter. Nice win for our Shocks. ET and Udazie gave us the needed boost for the win. Jackson got us some key points and rebounds off the bench.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

So the Shocks are pretty good....9-4...2nd in the league...

they are FAR from polished or complete but they ARE 2nd in the league at the moment... hopefully they will build...
                I wish I had confidence that IB would be the one to develop a path up into the Top 40-50 in the country. I would say higher but I’m afraid that Top 25 is an impossible reach. That is where we used to be but Brown has never even had experience as a mediocre head coach although, I guess now that is where we are, if he can keep us here and we don’t sink lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                  For the second half DD needs to sit down more. He doesn't defend, can't get the cup without turning it over, doesn't rebound and shoots like sht. Don't know why former coach Marshall was hyping this guy going to the pros. PLEASE!

Well, why was Coach Marshall "hyping this guy"...? What were his stats while under Marshall's tutelage? Why don't you look that up, think about it for a while, then come back the forum and tell us all about it. Then post some more negative sht about a player when you really don't know what is going on.

Comment

• Happy to win but.............
                    Udeze can score around the hoop but is a weak/soft defender and can't rebound
                    DD is a good defender but terrible offensively
                    Wade would be a decent player in the MVC
                    RC took a step back but CJ took a couple forward
                    Would like to see Bilau get more minutes because we are going to need better defense in the paint
                    9-4 but the last couple games have not made me confident
                    Would like to see us press more as it gets some guys who stand around too much moving more

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      When DD held the ball and got fouled, Chandler was completely unguarded in the corner. Then let Chandler pass it to someone who can hit FT's.
                      I would guess that person who could hit free throws would be Udeze?

I didn't get to watch the game because of a prior commitment, unfortunately, so, speaking of Udeze, how did he look? Did he take any charges like he usually does? Was he a factor this afternoon? I ask you because you have a good grasp on the relevance of keeping things positive (in a negative sort of way).

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I disagree. UCF looks like a pretty decent team to me. No need to diminish this win for the Shocks. This was a good win, expecilly coming off the Memphis fiasco.
                        No doubt, on both counts.

This team beat a pretty good Seminole team, at their gym: A ranked (and still so) Seminole team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post

Well, why was Coach Marshall "hyping this guy"...? What were his stats while under Marshall's tutelage? Why don't you look that up, think about it for a while, then come back the forum and tell us all about it. Then post some more negative sht about a player when you really don't know what is going on.
                          Meow meow you still crying because M is not coaching this year. Get over it. I know other than DD Freshmen year he has shown that he is terrible shooting the ball . J Burton shot a better 3point percentage than DD last year and JB is not suppose to be a shooter. Coach M hyped this guy going pro after his freshmen year. All he has done is decline. DD last 3 games from 3 point line is 2-17. If he would just carry his weight maybe TE could get open for more shots. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Meow meow you still crying because M is not coaching this year. Get over it. I know other than DD Freshmen year he has shown that he is terrible shooting the ball . J Burton shot a better 3point percentage than DD last year and JB is not suppose to be a shooter. Coach M hyped this guy going pro after his freshmen year. What a joke.. All he has done is decline. DD last 3 games from 3 point line is 2-17. If he would just carry his weight maybe TE could get open for more shots. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Didn't it seem that Lou was doing more coaching that IB or BK?
                              Prepping to be HCCJ's top assistant ;)
                              The Assman

Comment

• Got back to Topeka from the game. I thought we were done down 8. Seems like UCF quit running offense and tried to milk the clock. They got a couple of charging calls called on them that looked liked gifts to us and we made them pay. I will take the win. UCF has a lot of talent but they really had a lot of turnovers. Weird game.

Comment

Working...
                                X