Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

No doubt, on both counts.

This team beat a pretty good Seminole team, at their gym: A ranked (and still so) Seminole team.
    They beat down FSU. It was impressive.

Comment

I would guess that person who could hit free throws would be Udeze?

I didn't get to watch the game because of a prior commitment, unfortunately, so, speaking of Udeze, how did he look? Did he take any charges like he usually does? Was he a factor this afternoon? I ask you because you have a good grasp on the relevance of keeping things positive (in a negative sort of way).
      A pass to Udeze at that time would have been very, very bad. Udeze was on the bench. It looked like Dex wanted to take the throws, and then only made 1 of 2 for a 2-point lead. I was thinking Etienne should have had the ball in his hands for the foul. Next choice would have been Gilbert. Dex would have been the third option.

Udeze took two charges late in the game when the Shox were coming back from 8 down. Udeze did well on the offensive end, but UCF was scoring at will in the paint.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I disagree. UCF looks like a pretty decent team to me. No need to diminish this win for the Shocks. This was a good win, expecilly coming off the Memphis fiasco.
        And hard to know how 9 days off between games affected us.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• How did MU and IPBC only get a total of 4 rebounds in 44 minutes between them? Coach IB needs to get their attention and yank them when they don't box out. We need our bigs to be ball getters. No excuse for their poor rebounding numbers. Thank goodness for CJ today.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

A pass to Udeze at that time would have been very, very bad. Udeze was on the bench. It looked like Dex wanted to take the throws, and then only made 1 of 2 for a 2-point lead. I was thinking Etienne should have had the ball in his hands for the foul. Next choice would have been Gilbert. Dex would have been the third option.

Udeze took two charges late in the game when the Shox were coming back from 8 down. Udeze did well on the offensive end, but UCF was scoring at will in the paint.
              Thanks for the recap. As I said I didn't watch the game, and you mentioned something about the ball being in the wrong hands for free throws in the late stages, and I instantly thought that sure wasn't Udeze you were talking about. Also glad to hear Udeze was playing good D and taking charges when it mattered the most. E. Wessel would approve. The box score showed we hit 9 free throws made in OT. Did Udeze hit any of those 9?

Looking at the box score it appears Tyson played a whole of a lot better than he did in that stinker down in Memphis too. That was encouraging to see also.
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 30, 2021, 10:59 PM.

Comment

No doubt, on both counts.

This team beat a pretty good Seminole team, at their gym: A ranked (and still so) Seminole team.
                UCF falls to 1-7 in league play.

If UCF is decent, then our league must be sending half of its teams to the tournament.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                  How did MU and IPBC only get a total of 4 rebounds in 44 minutes between them? Coach IB needs to get their attention and yank them when they don't box out. We need our bigs to be ball getters. No excuse for their poor rebounding numbers. Thank goodness for CJ today.
                  Can’t get too mean about it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Ok some of yall can't be pleased or satisfied! That win was awesome I was mad at first half and 3/4 of the second. I'm proud our guys found a way to win, keep that confidence up. We keep having long gaps between games which I'm sure messes with the guys. Glad they played hard happy with HCIB changing defenses and letting those men play it out. Its conference time and I'll take any win that keeps us in the race close or blow out wither way its a W and thats all that matters. Yes need better paint defense rebounding and shot selection but if they can actually string together and keep playing they will get better.

Comment

• I gotta admit... As soon as he banked in that three, I thought we were TOAST.

IHCIB has ENDED the curse of the banked 3. That alone has got to be worth noting for the ol' resume. Ha! But honestly, we gutted out a win, and that's all that matters now.

Comment

• Speaking of bank shots, my favorite shot of the game was Tysons pull up 10 foot bank shot on the fast break near the start of the second half. If the mid range jumpshot is a lost art, the bank shot from outside of 2 feet is even more so. I remember watching Scottie Pippen who was a master of the 15 foot bank shot.

Comment

• Tim Duncan was pretty good at the bank shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            Tim Duncan was pretty good at the bank shot.
                            Sam Jones

Comment

• 1. it was a really fun game to watch (if you weren't invested)
                              2. I thought the press came too late
                              3. Most players were lifeless most of the game
                              4. Survive and advance
                              5, Jackson's best game so far
                              6. UCF was horrible vs the press
                              7. Poo was bad, and Jobu still can't get minutes
                              8. you could see Dex timing that block at half court
                              9. TW had a nice line, but giving Jax his minutes was a big deal
                              10. PGAG gives and he takes away

Comment

• Not sure how we managed to win that game. Well, I kind of am. Tyson is a pro and bailed us out on so many occasions. He's improved every area of his offensive game since last year.

I like playing AG more at the end of the game when we need buckets because he's so talented...but man, he makes some questionable decisions sometimes. He's improved for sure since the beginning of the season. I would like to see Craig Porter in more than he is now, because he's clearly a gifted passer and a capable scorer when needed.

Our post defense is bad and will continue to be bad until Bilau earns more minutes. Mo and IPBC just can't contain AAC big men, mainly due to their physical limitations (IPBC has more limitations than Mo overall). Mo has improved and had some nice deflections yesterday.

I don't know what is wrong with our defensive rotations, but they've been off ever since we've joined that AAC with maybe the exception of last year when we were 8th in the country in Adjusted Defensive Efficiency. UCF made some incredible shots as well, which maybe skews that feeling.

Love the energy from Clarence Jackson. He's a poor man's Dennis Rodman. But as the kids say nowadays, he is a little extra.

The officiating at times was dumbfounding on both sides of the coin. Both teams got away with some interesting stuff.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X