No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. UCF Game Thread 1-30-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice adjustment by IHCIB to go to the press. Perhaps the difference in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I think we led maybe a total of 3 minutes of that game.

I'll take it but we should've buried that team, garbage shooting or not.
      I disagree. UCF looks like a pretty decent team to me. No need to diminish this win for the Shocks. This was a good win, expecilly coming off the Memphis fiasco.

Comment

• Etienne again with only one "good" half ... And ends up 9-15 with 29 points. Can only imagine what numbers he would put up with a full good game.

Comment

• Any win is a good win at this point

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post

might as well add rebounding and shooting
            and yet we find a way to win....how?? winning ugly will not last. dex 0/6 3pt...not what we should be getting from a leader

Comment

• Mittgard was not good on D against smaller players who could fake him out of his shoes. That was his big D weakness. However, his D against HUGE opponents like Reynolds was always effective. He would have really helped tonight.

Comment

• We definitely picked up the defensive intensity at the end of the game. I think Monzy passing the ball away to statistically better FT shooters at the end of the game was key to finishing the win as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                  Can’t feel more meh about a win. Oh well. It counts.
                  Whaaaaat???
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Lots of good personalities on the team. Monzy was great on the post game POG interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I disagree. UCF looks like a pretty decent team to me. No need to diminish this win for the Shocks. This was a good win, expecilly coming off the Memphis fiasco.
                      You are what your record says you are.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WSU had 8 turnovers at the half and finished with 13. UCF had 10 at the half and finished with 23.

The Shocks only hit 9 of their first 16 free throw attempts but finished hitting 14 of their last 17 including 9-11 in OT.

First game this season with 5 Shocks in double figures. Tyson 29, Mo 18, C-Jack 13, Dexter 12 and Alterique 12.

Comment

• Ted Lasso likes it when Etienne shoots.

Comment

• Live by the Tyson, die by the Tyson.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Love Monzy’s Moxie.

Just needs to learn to reign it in on offense, at times.
                              The Assman

Comment

• This was a critical game to win if we have any chance to finish 2nd in this conference. We have winnable games coming up as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X